• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Psi Corps Trilogy (possible spoilers)

Elric

Regular
Just finished reading the Psi Corps trilogy and although the books are good and I enjoyed them :), I also feel a little dissapointed :( that there are still some big gaps in the story.

The jump from book 2 to book 3 seemed a little odd - the entire Telepath War was missed out, as was the demise of the PSi Corps and, apparently, the demise of Lyta too. Some of this was breifly mentioned but it all seemed a bit vague!

Although we do find out a lot about Bester and his fate which is good, I was really hoping that the books would cover the war and Lyta's role in it.

My only thought on this is that JMS might have been planning to cover all this in Crusade? Seems then only logical explanation since some bits were revealed in the show. But even then, it would have been through flashbacks rather than a continuous story.

Any thoughts???

There have been rumors about a B5 theatrical release for years now, and many of these rumors indicate that it would be about the Telepath war. It seemed to have a lot of steam until JMS said that he wouldn't be doing a B5 theatrical movie until after the three Star Wars prequels are complete. JMS has typically danced around that era of the B5 timeline in all parts of the B5 universe, almost like he's saving it for something big.

More info can be found here:
http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/guide/116.html

-Tim

Especially when some major crewmembers seem agreeable. On the S2 cast commentary Bruce, Jerry, and Claudia mention in passing that they'd like to get back together for a "reunion movie."

Of course, to do the Telepath War justice they'd have to get Pat Tallman and Walter Koenig, but that could probably be arranged; Koenig, at least, had lots of fun on B5 and would probably go for it if schedules could be worked out.

A B5 theatrical movie was be awesome! Hopefully, it will happen.

I too would love to see a B5 theatrical movie or miniseries based on the Telepath War. In fact, I was inspired by the Crusade DVD Cover Art challenge to create a DVD cover for the miniseries (I guess this is as good a place as any to post it):

Large Version

Of course, to do the Telepath War justice they'd have to get Pat Tallman and Walter Koenig, but that could probably be arranged; Koenig, at least, had lots of fun on B5 and would probably go for it if schedules could be worked out.

I agree that in order for the movie or miniseries to work Walter Koenig and Patricia Tallman would have to be a part of it. In my opinion, they are absolutely vital to the whole story of the war. It's also important, in my mind anyway, to have Lennier's redemption to Delenn included somewhere in there. Of course, if such a project came along I'm sure that we'd get that and a lot more, including most of the main B5 cast and perhaps others as well (Daniel Dae Kim, for example, is a perfect choice).

Man, you do great work! Seeing that cover, I want to burn rubber all the way to the store to buy it.

A new movie would be great :)

Reading the info on the Lurkers guide, the TV movies cost less than $3 million and they were very well done, so imagine what could be done with a theatrical movie budget of tens of millions :D

Also, releasing a movie in the next few years would be good timing since, with the DVD releases, awareness of the B5 universe is now quite popular and fresh in peoples minds.

Fingers crossed :)

Well, if there will be a Babylon 5 theatrical movie, I'm sure that I must get tickets to premiere. But, now that I have read these "speculations" or so, it makes me wonder a couple of things. If episode 3 will be in the year 2004 or 2005 (I personally don't know about SW, somebody who knows, please correct). Then it takes about six months to think about B5 movie, it's cast etc. Then a year or two or maybe even three to produce it... So my point is, that we would see a B5 movie at the earliest in the year 2006 or 2007... Damn.. four years of waiting.. Mm.. that will be quite hard.

Please also remember that this speculation was all from a few years back too - this is *not* new information. I should have specified that in my previous post - sorry if I caused you any confusion!

-Tim

Reading the info on the Lurkers guide, the TV movies cost less than $3 million and they were very well done, so imagine what could be done with a theatrical movie budget of tens of millions :D

I would love to see what JMS could do with a theatrical movie budget and today's technology. It's amazing what he accomplished with the budget and technology he had for the series and TV movies.

Also, releasing a movie in the next few years would be good timing since, with the DVD releases, awareness of the B5 universe is now quite popular and fresh in peoples minds.

That's a very good point. With the surprisingly good DVD sales, we can hope that this will give Warner Bros. renewed enthusiasm about the project. Although we still have awhile to wait until the remaining seasons of the series, TV movies, and Crusade are released. :eek:

Man, you do great work! Seeing that cover, I want to burn rubber all the way to the store to buy it.

That really is great art work .Makes me wish if it were only true and I could go out to the stores and buy it.

Thanks guys! :D

My wish would be that he does more than one movie -- 1) Covering the telepath war 2)Completing the Crusade story (which was tragically ripped from us) :rolleyes: 3) A movie regarding the Rangers (hopefully a little better than the previous movie).

A movie regarding the Rangers (hopefully a little better than the previous movie).
I don't mean to bitch and complain, but the Rangers movie wasn't that bad. :rolleyes: Yes, there were parts that needed changing, like the overusage of "We live for the One, we die for the One" and Sarah Cantrell's scream, but I thought it was pretty good overall. It was supposed to be the pilot of a series, so it was kind of a test with the new storyline and characters, I'm sure some things would have been changed. Look at the B5 pilot "The Gathering", don't tell me that was a great pilot. Thankfully, some things were changed there, like Delenn's appearance for one.

To get back on track, those 3 ideas for b5 movies would be great. :cool:

Please also remember that this speculation was all from a few years back too - this is *not* new information. I should have specified that in my previous post - sorry if I caused you any confusion!

-Tim

Yes I knew that this is just a rumor. I just speculated things that how they *may* be evolving after SW EP3. But.. 2007 ot 2008.. We shall know or see if there will be something.

Then again, his post was also before the original Matrix film blew The Phantom Menace out of the water... he may have re-thought the "nothing can compete with Star Wars" statement.

Phantom Menace was pretty awful. Attack of the Clones was a big improvement, but still, no movie lasts that long in the theater any more... I remember, other than Star Wars, "Back to the Future" was at a local theater for almost a year. That just doesn't happen any more, and a summer is a long time! Matrix: Reloaded is practically done in the theaters, less than a month after its release, and that was as hyped as any movie... ever.

-Tim

Then again, his post was also before the original Matrix film blew The Phantom Menace out of the water... he may have re-thought the "nothing can compete with Star Wars" statement.

Agreed with that one. But if we think about it, it's just like you said. There were enormous hype about Reloaded and now, almost everybody "has forgotten" that movie. So, I speculate again, that SW is really only serious "competitor" in this area :rolleyes:.

My wish would be that he does more than one movie -- 1) Covering the telepath war 2)Completing the Crusade story (which was tragically ripped from us) :rolleyes: 3) A movie regarding the Rangers (hopefully a little better than the previous movie).

And 4) "The Fantastic Adventures of Lyta & G'Kar" ;) (but perhaps that would be better suited to a series)

And 4) "The Fantastic Adventures of Lyta & G'Kar" ;) (but perhaps that would be better suited to a series)

Given the miniseries bent at the Sci-Fi Channel, I'd suggest miniseries of each of the last three trilogies, as one miniseries each. The only question is how many hours per miniseries (10-20 hours each?).

As shorter, episodic features, I'd suggest filming each of the short stories, especially "Hidden Agendas" and "The Nautilus Coil."

Latest posts

Members online

Back