• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Proof of how small minded some people are...

En'til'zha

Beyond the rim
I found this today, it really does show how small minded some people are. The whole B5/Lotr thing really is ridiculous, I've heard it mentioned before over the years but now where else as comprehensivly as here.
http://www.jumpnow.de/b5lotr/b5lotr.php

------------------
"Watch the Shadows, they move when you're not looking..."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by En'til'zha:
I found this today, it really does show how small minded some people are. The whole B5/Lotr thing really is ridiculous, I've heard it mentioned before over the years but now where else as comprehensivly as here.
http://www.jumpnow.de/b5lotr/b5lotr.php

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the page does say "Enjoy and don't take it seriously. And if you haven't read LotR yet - Do it... NOW!!!"

BTW, that is the slowest loading page I've ever seen.
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

All I can say is hahahahahah
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I like a good laugh every now and then. Sorry can't help it, all i can see is the funny side to it.

------------------
"To live is to risk"
Lenonn - ItB

En'til'zha.....if a time ever comes to pass that you could chat with poor_zathras...do it!
He is a B5 and a LoTR fan, and convienced me of the similarities in the story baselines. I for one think it is pretty cool! JMS pulls stuff from everywhere and weaves magic!
cool.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Disclaimer: while I can see the inspiration behind certain similarities, especially in names, I have never considered B5 and LOTR overtly similar in any way.

That said, the first thing that popped into my head, quite suddenly, when I was watching the fight between Saruman and Gandalf, was

(spoilers for the Technomage trilogy)

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>the fight between Galen and Elizar in Invoking Darkness.</font></td></tr></table>

Heh. Just my mind playing tricks on me, I guess.
lol.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

It's a shame to see someone do so much work to support a flawed assumption like that.

The only relationship between the two is that both JMS and Tolkein told epic stories.

And ALL Epic stories have the same similarities.

For the truth about what inspired the Story of Babylon 5, do as JMS suggested and read the history of the City of BABYLON.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

I am a changed person, I have seen the light. JMS is a fraud after all! Can't you see it, Sinclairs duck was a carbon copy of Bill the pony in the lord of the rings!

Let it be lesson to all the non believers, remember the duck, oh look the nice men in the whit jackets are coming to put me back in my comfy little room with all the padding!
crazy.gif

Some people just have way too much time and not enough IQ points!

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

Back