• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Prevue Magazine JMS interview part II

Yee-ha! *goes to happily digest interview with the guy we all love to quote*

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

Nothing we haven't seen before from JMS, but good nonetheless.

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

I particularly enjoyed the reference to "Passing through Gethesmene". If I had to pick out one episode and say this is why I loved B5, PTG would be it.

This is why:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>When Edward first started seeing and hearing those awful things, I remember thinking: Who would do something that terrible to torture such a sweet man? Then, I found out that Edward had done all of the horrendous things that he was hearing and seeing. The real clencher was the question that JMS alluded to in his interview. How can you ask God for forgiveness, if you do not remember having committed the act?
At the end of the episode, I could completely understand Sheridan's reaction. He knew Edward as the sweet, unassuming monk that crafted beautiful objects and believed completely in his God and doing good. He was horrified, possibly outraged, by Edward's death. He then had to face the man that was the instrument of Edward's death, but that man then had no recollection of his actions. How would I have responded? Would I have shared Sheridan's bewilderment at Theo's actions? What about the faith displayed by Theo and Edward? </font></td></tr></table>

Frizzell

------------------
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."
-Jonathan Swift

"Good in theory...
Lousy in practice...
It implies that I am expendable. I am many things. I am bright, personable, charismatic and not a bad dancer but expendable? No."

Back