• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Post Icon" ?

KoshN

Super Moderator
\"Post Icon\" ?

Alright, I get:

i.gif
Exclamation.

book.gif
Conversation.

que.gif
Question.

m2.gif
Music-Related.

...and...

m1.gif
TV/Film Related.

...but what the heck is the pentagon spiderweb???
web.gif

Web-Related?

Re: \"Post Icon\" ?

Actually, when you point to the voice-bubble icon it says "book".
I is information
the voice bubble is book
? is que
the music note is m2, whatever that is
the movie-type icon is m1
and yes, the spiderweb thing is web

Actually, when you point to the voice-bubble icon it says "book".
I is information
the voice bubble is book
? is que
the music note is m2, whatever that is
the movie-type icon is m1
and yes, the spiderweb thing is web

Well, filenames are not always truly representative.

I take the voice bubbles to be conversation, since there are two of them and I guess I don't think like Eli. :LOL:

i.gif
looks like an exclamation point to me.

If
que.gif
is que, it's probably short for query.

True, you can name it anything. I just thought book was a little odd. Conversation would make more sense.

The i couldn't be an exclamation point unless it is upside down for some reason. And it does seem to be used for informational items, so I'd assume i is for information.

I kind of ignore the icons, anyway. :LOL:

i in a circle is information, just the standard.

The web is for web.. but at the end of the day, they're just visual things. There's no any one defition... they are what you want them to be.

The i couldn't be an exclamation point unless it is upside down for some reason. And it does seem to be used for informational items, so I'd assume i is for information.

You've got a point there. Ever look at something fast, and your mind interprets it one way, and then later wonder how you saw it that way? Guess I never really looked at the "i" with a circle around it.

KoshN: psychology instructors have had fun with that feature of the human mind for many years now. If the mind does not have enough information, it invents what it did not see. That's how a murder suspect can be 6 foor 2 inches and 5 foot 3, depending on which witness you talk to. :LOL:

I just ignore the little yellow icon things. I do admit, though I think the information and the question ones are a good idea. If a thread is all about an information item, it stands out with the circle-i icon I think. Same with the question mark icon.

i in a circle is information, just the standard.

The web is for web.. but at the end of the day, they're just visual things. There's no any one defition... they are what you want them to be.

Don't tell Elizar that. He's convinced that one is a bra. :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back