• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Post-Babylon 5 Era Questions

Icarus

Hey Everyone. Another question for a fanfic I am writing. First of all, when was the Telepath War? I recall that it was either 2263/64 or 64/65. Which was it, or am I wrong? Also, how was EarthForce and the ISA and Babylon 5 and the Minbari involved in that war.

Now a few questions that I seem to have forgotten about the B5 characters as of the year 2265. First of all, Lochley is on Babylon 5 and Sheridan and Delenn are on Minbar leading the alliance correct? Is Lennier with them? What is G'Kar's status at this time?

Thats all I need to know for now /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
Thanx always /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Icarus

Major spoilers --- Re: Post-Babylon 5 Era Questions

2262 - Babylon 5: Wheel of Fire
2263 - Babylon 5: River of Souls
2265 - Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers "To Live and Die in Starlight"
2266 - Babylon 5: A Call to Arms
2267 - Crusade: The Needs of Earth

The Telepath Crisis/War occured somewhere in between the latter half of 2263 and early 2265. We know the crisis/war occured by the time of the Drakh attack on Earth (late 2266), and G'Kar mentions Lyta's death (2265), which as we know happened during the war/crisis; I think we can presume the war was over by that point.

-G'Kar is back from traveling, and of course he is still highly revered
-Lyta: dead
-Sheridan on Minbar leading the IA and raising David
-Delenn on Minbar leading the IA and raising David
-Lochley still at B5
-Zack still at B5
-Franklin is on Earth in charge of xenobiology
-Garibaldi is on Mars in charge of Edgars-Garibaldi Industries (it is speculated at http://www.chronology.org/b-five/ that this is the year Mary was born to Lise and Michael)
-Londo is still Emperor (and his wife Timov moves in with him; The Centauri Office of Development hires Mariel to spy)
-Marcus is still preserved in his stasis capsule/tube
-Ivanova is still in EF, but where she is stationed is unknown
-Vir is still traveling between B5 and Centauri Prime
-Lennier is dead
-Bester is in hiding

To narrow it down a little more, JMS has said that the Telepath War started in 2264 (which is when Lyta told Garibaldi she'd be back) and ended in 2265 (prior to the date of the Rangers movie.) Several of the Amazing Stories/B5 Magazine shorts stories cover incidents involving G'Kar, Lyta and Garibaldi during this period. One has Susan Ivanova return to B5 to meet President Sheridan and Captain Lochley. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

From hints dropped in the Telepath Trilogy it appears the Teep War was initially fought between Psi Corps and Lyta's rogues, but at some point Psi Corps started playing so dirty that EarthGov actually disavowed them and began taking military action against their own agency. Still later the conflict spilled outside or Earth space, or Earth asked for help, because the Interstellar Alliance intervened towards the end of the conflict, apparently decisively. (Bester, at least, holds Sheridan responsible for the Corps defeat, and is still bitter about the intervention many years later.) Presumably the IA actions are mostly outside the Sol system, in the area of other Human colonies, since ACtA indicates that an alien fleet under Sheridan has not been in the vicinity of Earth since the overthrow of Clarke.

Regards,

Joe

So is it too big of leap based on (spoiler for Crusade script Value Judgments)
<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">the revelation that there are still Psi Corps loyal war ships in hyperspace</font></td></tr></table>

to think that it might be possible that the "Telepath Crisis" referred to in Crusade and the "Telepath War" referred to in Delenn's S4 voice over might not be the same conflict.

Good point PillowRock, maybe all the telepath question might be answered if ever a feature lengh movie is made or a book written..

PR:

Based on Bester's comments in the same episode ("Why does everybody call it a 'crisis', it was a war?") and the fact that there seem to be very few of the items you mention left, I think it is too much of a leap. Bester might be in a position to make a nuisance of himself, but I don't think he has the wherewithal to launch anything big enough to be remembered as a war after 2265. A little low-intensity terrorism, hit and run raids, for awhile, perhaps, but nothing more. It seems that even such assets as he has in 2267 are mainly being used to help keep the "Odessa" Teeps one step ahead of the law. All indications from the final telepath volume are that Bester devotes most of his time after the war to not being recaptured.

Regards,

Joe

I'm REALLY hoping that one day a B5 movie (either TV or feature) will be made based on the Telepath War. I will always feel that the original B5 series remains incomplete until the plot threads are finally tied-up on-screen. Surely, a Teep War movie will be the best way to do this. Unfortunately, due to the sad fate of both the planned B5 spin-offs, I think that such a production is now highly unlikely /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back