• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Possible Cast Member - Andrew Jackson

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I understand from my sources that the role of Sarah has been casted out of Toronto. How about David? Same sources, tell me Andrew Jackson of Vancouver has auditioned for the role of David. Besides being a former soap star on "All My Children", this classically trained actor at Stratford has done a ton of Sci-Fi. He was the first Jaridian on "Earth: Final Conflict" and was great at the role. He set the standard of performances for all Jaridians that hasn't been met since. He was the choice of Paramount for the three lead roles of "Adaman, Adam, and AdamII" in "Millennium Man", etc., etc. Check out the following websites
www.geocities.com/canadian_sf/pages/actors/jackson.htm
www.canadiantheatre.com/j/jacksona.html
www.us.imdb.com/Name?Jackson,+Andrew+(II)

What do you think?

------------------

Andrew would make an excellent choice for Captain. He is long over do for a lead on a
Sci-Fi show!

------------------

To Doctor Gonzo:
In answer to your reply about Andrew's age and name. I don't think the name, "Andrew Jackson" would cut much mustard here in Canada, if anything I would think it would work against him. His (and any other Canadian actor's) TV, film & theatre credits are gained from alot of hard work, and not because of the latest Hollywood fad. With regards to age, he certainly looks alot younger than most of the cast from the old Babylon 5 series. Check him out on his image page in the "Made in Canada" website. I would hope that experienced actors would be hired, instead of the twinkies that have been hired for so many of the past series on TV over the last year or so.

------------------

I fully agree that Andrew Jackson is the right age for the role of Captain David!!!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I don't think the name, "Andrew Jackson" would cut much mustard here in Canada, if anything I would think it would work against him. His (and any other Canadian actor's) TV, film & theatre credits are gained from alot of hard work, and not because of the latest Hollywood fad.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Hollywood fad are you talking about, and what does this have to do with the joke about the coincidence of the two names?

Oh, and American actors also gain their credits through film, TV and theater work. (Only they know how to spell "theater"
wink.gif
) That's what "credits" are - the list of the previous work you've done. There isn't any other way to earn credits. Most "overnight successes" in Hollywood are actors who have toiled for ten years or more in anonymous TV and theatrical work before getting their "big break." Same as anywhere else.

Anyway, I think Andrew Jackson will be a terrific choice for the role, and not a bit too old. He looks just fine on my money.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

I think he means the fad of using stage names that everyone would remember because they are spelled strange (with X's and Z's for example). But Andrew Jackson isn't his stage name...it's his real name.

Originally, theatre was spelled "theatre", and not just in French. "Theater" is a newer way of spelling it. Just like how Americans forget to put the "u" in many words, like "favor" instead of "favour". And they spell "light" as "lite", etc. They do it just to be rebellious and not appear to be like the British. Since Canadians slowly moved away from England, instead of fighting to become independent, we don't feel the need to keep proving ourselves to be separate.

Rob

------------------

*LOL*

Oh dear, I came in thinking 'Daniel Jackson', not reading the title properly.
laugh.gif

------------------
*Commence dramatic hand gestures* -- "There, you see! Their rage against us, is SO irrational, that they'll sacrifice their own people just to get to us! Don't you see?!" -- G'Kar, to Garibaldi.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally, theatre was spelled "theatre", and not just in French. "Theater" is a newer way of spelling it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

New and improved, that's the American way!
cool.gif

(Well, if you want to be technical about it, very little was ever spelled any particular way until after the printing press was developed, and the word "theatre" certainly precedes that event. Most spelling was phonetic and nobody cared very much. Most of what we know about how the language used to be pronounced comes from "bad spellers", including Elizabeth the First. And then there's Shakespeare who could hardly spell his own name the same way twice...)

In any event, it was a JOKE. That's why the little
wink.gif
was there after it. Got it?

BTW, the only people in this country who spell light as "lite" are marketing types who put that on sugar free or low-fat ("lo-fat") foods. Since marketing people are hardly representative of the population at large (and arguably are a different species entirely) I think we can safely ignore them and declare the vast majority of Americans innocent of this particular charge. Of course, we do omit the unvoiced and utterly superfluous "U" in many of the words you mentioned, but that's just good sense.
smile.gif

200 years and two world wars have gone by. We hardly need to remind ourselves that we separated from Britain, least of all through our language.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

How reliable is this info? I'm very curious.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

I'm American & I *like* those spellings ("favourite" instead of "favorite", "theatre" instead of "theater", etc.).

I guess it's the Anglophile in me!
smile.gif

Tammy

PS--"Gaol" instead of "jail" is a bit odd to me, though...

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amicenig1:
I understand from my sources that the role of Sarah has been casted out of Toronto. How about David? Same sources, tell me Andrew Jackson of Vancouver has auditioned for the role of David. Besides being a former soap star on "All My Children", this classically trained actor at Stratford has done a ton of Sci-Fi. He was the first Jaridian on "Earth: Final Conflict" and was great at the role. He set the standard of performances for all Jaridians that hasn't been met since. He was the choice of Paramount for the three lead roles of "Adaman, Adam, and AdamII" in "Millennium Man", etc., etc. Check out the following websites

What do you think?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that Andrew Jackson should get this part.

------------------

I have known Andrew personally for some time now and not only does he fit the part in question, but he has a complete understanding of SF fandom and those who work with various related projects. He's been in so many parts (some lead roles) that I can't even remember them all at this time. I tell ya, I've seen his most recent DEMO reel, and WOW! If you could see the collection of his works all in ONE place, at ONE time, you'd laugh, cry and agree with the sentiments of those on this list who I also agree with, that Andrew is the MAN for the part as Captain.
smile.gif

Love,
Reptoid.
-------- http://www.vcn.bc.ca/~aurora27

------------------

And one of our members knows him, which means we'll eventually be able to wheedle and/or blackmail all sorts of interesting information out of him. Now I'm really hoping he gets the job.

So Reptoid, how do you happen to know Andrew? Old university buddy, that sort of thing? Got any pictures of him with his head in a toilet, or dressed in a French Maid's uniform from the frat Halloween party or anything? Not suggesting anything untoward, just that this might be a good time to organize the old photo album...

laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Hmmn I do not know this guy.

What ep of First Wave was he on?

Earth:FC I am not up to that ep only seen teh first 12 eps so far.

What else has he done?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I think Andrew Jackson would be great as David. With his extensive background in Sci-Fi he would suit the part perfectly.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by amicenig1:

What do you think?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

[This message has been edited by Babyler (edited May 04, 2001).]

I sure being seventh president of the United States also did alot for the resume. I'm just concerned he may be a little old for the part, and the whole being dead thing may be a problem.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

------------------
Bus
"Yes, he is handsome in an ugly sort of way."-Homer

Yeah, I heard about Andrew Jackson being considered, too. He was great in Earth Final Conflict, and Stargate, and in everything else I've seen him in. He'd make a great ship captain.

Who's the Toronto actress you mentioned?

Rob

------------------

Reptoid, what is Andrew Jackson like as a person? It's cool that you know him.

Tammy

------------------

In answer to Antony F - "How reliable is this info? I'm very curious."

As per a local Toronto agent/casting director.

------------------

To Deviot:

In answer to "What else has he done?"

Go to my original message and click on the various Url's

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back