• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Poll: Best B5 Character Death Scene

What character had the best death scene?

• Keffer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus

• Neroon

• Cartagia

• Refa

• Byron

• Total voters
Neroon's and Cartagia's sceens were both quite powerful, but I vote Refa. His shock, the great gospel music "And The Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place," intercut with the worship service, the futility of his attempt to run, and ALL OF THOSE ANGRY NARNS! WOW!

I voted for Neroon because of the list you gave us, his death was the ultimate sacrifice for his people.
I thought Refa's death was the most dramatic because of the intercut with the gospel singer.

However, I think Sheridan's death at Z'ha Dum was the one which moved me emotionally more than any of the others.

It was a good question, and new to this board.
smile.gif

I voted for Refa, for the reasons already mentioned by others.

I was tempted to vote for Byron. But, in the end, his death was disappointing. It wasn't horrid and gruesome enough for me. (Can you tell I didn't like his character?)
laugh.gif

I voted for Neroon. Like the others who voted for him, it was because of his sacrifice to his people. Although I do agree Refa's death was another good one.

I voted for Neroon. Like the others who voted for him, it was because of his sacrifice to his people. Although I do agree Refa's death was another good death scene.

I agree StarStuff, Christian's acting was superb. I have to admit, I cried like a little girl. Then again, I'm a cry baby in movies.
blush.gif

Ultimately, I went with Neroon because his death gave the Minbari something so meaningful. I also loved Delenn in that scene as well.

Don't ask me why but I thought it'd be cooler if, after Neroon was wasted, all that was left were his smoking boots.
Maybe it was Roger Moore James Bond inspired...
Still, he was no Connery...but that's for another topic I guess

FM

Cartagia's death was the best,why,because Vir killed him,and the way they killed him was funny,but the death of Byron was cool,why,because he's dead,yay!No more Byron!

I voted for Neroon. His last words were GREAT.
grin.gif

<font color="orange">"I was born Warrior Caste, but I see now that the calling of my heart is Religious! The war is over! Listen to her! Listen!"</font color>

Keffer died stupidly. Granted, he uncovered the Shadows, but in hindsight they would have been discovered anyway. I wasnt the least bit moved, and couldnt have cared less when he was killed off. His character always seemed sort of pointless to me.

Time to ask a question I've wanted to ask for a while... while do people sometimes spell Marcus's name as "Markas"?

Because some people get mixed up between Marcus - the character in B5, and Markas - the person who posts on this board quite regularly and eloquently
smile.gif

Yes, there are just too many Markas/Marcus/Markus' in JMS land. However, the B5TV poster's spelling somehow always seems to pop up the most frequently for me.
blush.gif

A Write-In

My vote goes to John and Anna Sheridan, even if his death wasn't.... um.. permanent.

As for the actual choices, I'd go with Neroon.

LISTEN TO HERRRR!!! AHHHHHHHH!! *poof*

Re: A Write-In

No one wants to comment on Clarke's death? That was such a fitting way for that bastard to die; the coward's way out. (No, I'm not saying all suicide / sacrifice is cowardly but his definately was)

But I would have to pick Neroon's. His death was the most moving for me and still is everytime I see that episode.

Back