• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Please tell me about B5 Combat Simulator!!

Droshalla

Beyond the rim
I just discovered that the combat simulator that I thought had been abandoned way way back actually got a title Babylon 5: Into the Fire - Combat Simulator. I also saw screen shots. So does it exist??? Is it available to buy?

If so, is it only available in the USA? This has got me quite excited because I always wanted a B5 game for the PC. Please tell me it exists.

If so, does anyone know where someone in the UK can get it???

Any help would be very much apreciated.

No, it was cancelled just before it was completed. The production team continued without Sierra, but couldn't find a buyer. It was a sad story. go to www.firstones.com. I think they list the history of the game there.
/forums/images/icons/frown.gif
Phil

ahh... raspberries.

so dissapointed /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
and angry, yes angry /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

The game sounded so good too, I'd have loved to pilot my own 'fury, maybe a whitestar too. I wish someone else would make one, almost enough to sell your soul for...

... well maybe it would have got boring quick - that's what i'll tell myself.

Anywho, what about the interactive guide, I know that was made. was it any good?

I like the "Official Guide to Babylon 5" CD. It contains some very interesting scenes and backgroud information. It is a documentary so the games firm did not know how to sell it.

Unlees a miracle happens its IFH for me.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Check out some of their trailers and be impressed.. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

It has been a while allready. I remember reading about it in a games magazine back in 1999. Boy was I excited - just to read it had been cancelled, a month later /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I would have clipped it if it had been my magazine. I never was into computer games enough to by magazines. But a classmate of mine back then who was also a fiver was.

Droshalla, a lot of people were sad to see Babylon 5: Into the Fire cancelled. In fact, the original developers were involved in more than one attempt to finish the game, but alas, all attempts failed.

The game was originally announced back in 1997. I have two e-mails from Marc Hudgins, the game's lead designer, that I keep for nostalgia purposes (both e-mails are dated Monday, October 6, 1997):

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Sam,

We're shooting for x-mas '98. As with most games, that may be too optimistic, but we're really going to try.

Marc

[/quote]

And this one(in response to my question about system requirments for the game):

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
It should run fine on a 133 w/16 meg --but if you really want to take advantage of what we are planning on delivering, start thinking about more memory and a 3D accelerator card --it will be worth it (higher polygon ships, cleaner textures, lighting effects, faster frame rates etc).
Marc

[/quote]

I miss those days.

Many of the former developers still hang out at FirstOnes.com, and we often discuss the game as it was originally designed.

To fill the void left by ItF's cancellation, many B5 fans started developing MODs for current games. You can see and download many of these MODs at the FirstOnes.com MOD Site. There are mods for all kinds of games, such as Freespace II, Homeworld, Klingon Academy, Starfleet Command, and more.

But so far, the most promising B5 game is the one that was mentioned above: Babylon 5: I've Found Her. It's a completely free game being developed by an international team of programmers and artists. The game is being created from scratch, with it's own graphics engine. You can check it out at the official site here.

There have been some vague rumors about possible official B5 games, but nothing I want to repeat here, as they're just rumors.

Feel free to visit FirstOnes.com and join the forum. The more the merrier! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

thanks for all these relies, some great infomation there. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I will look further into this "I've Found Her". I have been pondering the title, what does it reer to?

In the comic "In Valens Name" written by the great maker JMS Sheridan & co find a message from Sinclair, a thousand years old in which he states "I found her" - most likely refering to Catherine Sakai who was lost in time in Sector 14 (To Dream in the City of Sorrows)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back