• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

OK Listen Up...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
I think hypatia means the new one of many colors.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, yes. Thanks, BlackStar!

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Oh, yes. Thanks, BlackStar!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must admit, I'm at a loss on this new one.
tongue.gif

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:
A diversion?

Perfect!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool!
cool.gif

Warren now has a sidekick! You rock!
smile.gif

*used too many exclamation points in this post*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
There is nothing to fear in the dreaming, only that which we bring with us. --Dukhat

I know I have said this before and I will say it again. I don't put a lot of stock into what some critic says about the Ranger movie. I would rather believe what Dylan and the other actors have said about it. After all, who knows just how good their work is but the cast them selves? Plus, exactly how much about the B5 universe do these critics know any way?

------------------
With a salad fork and a couple of purple wombats I could rule the galaxy.

I am LMAO!

I am thrilled to see that the tradition of the cast and crew of a B5 production jump in and make themselves at home with the fans.
I haven't been keeping up on any of the trailers or clips, just seen the little ones on tv, but it's eerie that it follows a story I started writing two years ago!(check with Channe and RW..they've read my stuff...)
Dylan and Warren...if there isn't a series from this, it will be disappointing but that's the way of tv. Good luck in any project you are involved in. I've heard that after working for Babylonian, nothing compares. Well, maybe a lounge chair on a beach in Mexico with a drink at hand might...
lol.gif

I pay attention to what cast and crew say about any show I'm interested in. Both your attitudes bode well for the Rangers. I hope to meet you both sometime at a con (ComiCon in August is coming up..hint hint) and thank you in person for the effort you put in.
I always say, anything is better than nothing. (this doesn't count in snake spitting and hose spraying)
lol.gif

One last quote before I go comes from another Ranger character about efforts:

Turval: "If I told you climb a mountian and bring me a flower from the highest point and you will die after completing your task. Would that be meaningless?"

Minbari: "Of course, it's trival."

Turval: "And if there are a million people waiting at the base of the mountian for whom, that one flower was a symbol of their freedom and they would follow that symbol at your death in a struggle that would liberate half a billion souls. Would that have a meaning?
(no answer)
"You see, we create the meaning in our lives. It does not exist independently."

------------------
PM
"Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future .. and it changed us."
--General Susan Ivanova
Sleeping In Light

I'm thinking that the movie will be great. To date i haven't watched/read anything by JMS that i didn't like. So just the fact that he did it is enough for me to have faith.

I've also learned that, with the exception of The Lord of The Rings, that if the critics hate it i generally like it and vise versa.

And where can i find out just what the ratings are for the movie??? Or will someone post them here for all of us???

Oh well, here's to 5 long, wonderful years in the B5 universe (hopefully).

Sinc.
Jerome

------------------
I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the one.

Even Captain Gregg is better than Kevin Sorbo. Possibly.

My pic is Kylie, BTW.

------------------
MPAA: Rated R for bad language, crude humor,
language, sexuality/nudity and drug content.

I'm sure the movie will be great!!!
smile.gif
The scenes that I have seen so far have been good as well as what I have read, which really isn't that much because I wanted to try to not be spoiled.
laugh.gif
I always get spoiled about other stuff, but this being something that I REALLY care about, I want to preserve the emotion for when I see it.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

The rest of you better remember the rest of us living elsewhere, and be thankful your born on the American continent.

------------------
May the light of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha protect you.

May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

BTW, I would like to wish the best of luck to all the crew and (why not?) to all american friends that, according with SFC, are vital for the series to get the green light.
Let's get them, boys and girls.
smile.gif

Almir

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AngelSummers:
The rest of you better remember the rest of us living elsewhere, and be thankful your born on the American continent.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every day.
smile.gif

Just think: The future of LotR may rest in the good taste of the American people.
crazy.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:

My pic is Kylie, BTW.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, thanks. She looks quite different in this picture. You can see her face much more clearly.

Nice "60's" color scheme, btw!
wink.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Just think: The future of LotR may rest in the good taste of the American people<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no. We're doomed.
laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I'm very much looking forward to seeing y'all in the movie tonight. I remember when you actors first came here and started chatting, i was very, very surprised. I had never heard of actors chatting with fans in a relatively uncontrolled environment. I know I'm not alone in saying that you all aren't just actors to us anymore. You're a part of this community. Watching this movie has become more to me than just watching something related to my favorite series; it's a chance to see online friends on TV.

So, even if I don't like the movie, I'll still enjoy watching y'all.
smile.gif
Cheers!

------------------
Do you dare to enter tygirwulf's Lair?

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

I still think most of the reviews are unfair, since they were written by people who hate B5 & wanted to spend the entire review saying so. I cannot believe that Rangers is so bad, even though JMS had such a short time to write the script.

I just wish we had seen more Rangers reviews by people who didn't have an agenda going in.
frown.gif

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
Even Captain Gregg is better than Kevin Sorbo. Possibly.

My pic is Kylie, BTW.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmn guess i was still seeing the old one...

wow this is really amazing everyone is all excited for B5LR.
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited January 19, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

H. L. Mencken <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
H. L. Mencken
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about Ed Wood? (Sorry if that's not his name. I mean the guy who did such classic films as "Plan 9 From Outer Space".
[smilie of screaming]

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back