• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Oi! Andy! What's your game?

The_One

Regular
Oi! Andy! What\'s your game?

*Insert East Enders cockney accent for topic title*

About two weeks ago you stated that "the Region 2 Season 1 B5TV.com offer would go up tonight". Either I've been high on air for the past few hours and entered some very vivid hallucination, or, you've mucked something up /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Personally, I reckon it's the latter *pinches self to make sure*. Yep, it's you mate.

Anyway, on a more serious note - what's going on? I'm hoping to order this weekend (Play.com seem to have the best deal) - are you going to come up with something or shall I just go for it? Don't want to sound abrupt or rude, but I've been waiting on my order so that I could help you out - if you've decided not to do anything, that's fine - but an update would have been nice.

So, what's happened/happening?

Re: Oi! Andy! What\'s your game?

Andy? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

A problem has arisen on this front... I need to find out some more stuff, plus speak to Play.com. Play, sadly, don't have the right RRP. This also leads that the main price might not be right... so I need to check with them.

So Antony, how are sales/pre-orders going though this site. I noticed B5 Season 1 has ranked around 50 at Amazon since it started.

Hopefully that is good for this site.

Thanks,

Cerberus

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Play, sadly, don't have the right RRP. This also leads that the main price might not be right... so I need to check with them.

[/quote]

I was pretty sure that was a mistake. Wonder what they're going to do with the existing pre-orders when they find out? I can't imagine that they'll be able to honor them at the original price. There is at least one German site that also seems to have gotten hold of the wrong RRP - they're offering the set for 30 Euros, and are going to take a bath on the release if they stick with that.

Several European sites are listing the aspect ratio as "4:3" "Standard" or "Full Frame." The few that provide detailed information on the release list Tamlyn Tomita (Ltcdr. Takashima) and Blair Baron (Sinclair's girlfriend in The Gathering) as actors featured in the first season.

Since several sites have the same incorrect information, I suspect that they are either copying it from one another, or that the Warner Bros. staff in Europe is smoking crack and just making stuff up when a dealer calls them with questions.

Ant, would be very grateful if you could get any information on this widescreen vs. full frame thing for the R2 releases, since that question is turning up in more and more places.

(Andy???? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif)

Regards,

Joe

...or that the Warner Bros. staff in Europe is smoking crack and just making stuff up when a dealer calls them with questions.

[/quote] Or someone has finally managed to smuggle in that Keeper, and its host person is drinking heavily. Now perhaps, they will get delusional enough to release Crusade and Rangers too...

Several European sites are listing the aspect ratio as "4:3" "Standard" or "Full Frame." The few that provide detailed information on the release list Tamlyn Tomita (Ltcdr. Takashima) and Blair Baron (Sinclair's girlfriend in The Gathering) as actors featured in the first season.

Since several sites have the same incorrect information, I suspect that they are either copying it from one another, or that the Warner Bros. staff in Europe is smoking crack and just making stuff up when a dealer calls them with questions.

[/quote]

Or someone found the details about an early 1990s VHS cassette called "Babylon 5" and assumed that the CDs were simply the re-issue. That story has now been renamed "The Gathering".

Errr, sorry Ant about that /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

In another community I am a member of, the admin is called Andy - I just got confused, long day...

I'd love to know what's going on with all the R2 "errors" we seem to see so much of. If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Or someone found the details about an early 1990s VHS cassette called "Babylon 5" and assumed that the CDs were simply the re-issue.

[/quote]

More likely that someone at WHV simply conflated the details from the earlier DVD (not "CD") release and the new boxed set. Unlikely that they would find a description in their database for a tape that has long-since been discontinued. Odds are DVDs and VHS tapes are tracked in separate databases to avoid confusion about new releases. Somebody probably just went to the files and pulled the first press release they had under "Babylon 5" and sent it to whoever asked for a cast list. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyway, here's what JMS had to say when I asked him if the U.S. and U.K. editions would be the same:

Insofar as I know, they are the same in both versions, WB has never indicated that they are doing anything different for the overseas market.

jms

(jmsatb5@aol.com)
(all message content (c) 2002 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
and don't send me story ideas)

[/quote]

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back