• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Now thats what im talking about... **SPOILERS**

Re: Now thats what im talking about...

Morden, imsuxok was referring to the part where I talked about

<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">Elizabeth's assumed death. I said she is at least recovering in next week's ep but just because she is still alive next week, doesn't mean she doesn't still die. It could go either way really.</font></td></tr></table>

It isn't so much a spoiler really but you are right that I should have given a fair warning. I forget that not everyone watches the clips for the upcoming episodes. I will use the spoiler tags now and edit the previous post to make everyone happy. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If you go to the official site and view the clips from next week's ep, you will see

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">Kurdy talking to a recovering Elizabeth. </font></td></tr></table>

I actually know if she dies or not but I am not revealing anything more about that here. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I would quote a famous doctor but i dont know how to do the spoilers on here :)

capt

I thought my response was fairly cool... Anyway, I saw Lyta's spoiler warning and skipped that post entirely. The spoiler I'm referring to came in a subsequent post with no such warning.

Lyta, thank you for handling this matter maturely. Yes, not everyone watches the trailers for the following week's episode. I'm glad we're all aware of this now; But, I just wish this revelation would have come to light for a previous episode, such as 'The Bag' /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

To use the spoiler tags:

[spoiler] text you want to hide [/spoiler]

Easy. :)

You just need to point out gentle reminders about these things. I posted quite late last night and I just wasn't thinking clear enough I guess. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Besides, why are you reading a thread about the season finale (granted it has been mostly about part one, but I am sure it will go into part two eventually) if you don't want to be spoiled? I am having a hard time understanding people who read threads where there might be spoilers and then get mad when they read them. Maybe I missed something but I would just like to help out if I can. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

PS: I didn't use the spoiler tags for the end of the episode description because I find it hard to read a large block of text that way. Just an FYI in case anyone was wondering. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

The reason I'm reading this thread is because I like hearing other peoples' opinions and thoughts on a show after I watch it. I fully expect the discussion to involve the 2nd part, but that doesn't bother me, as long as the content of the discussion doesn't shift from speculation to outright facts about the next show. How can you be spoiled by pure conjecture?

I guess you just threw me off because you said you skipped the post where I detailed the last 5 mins of Part 1 so it lead me to think you have not seen Part 1 yet. It confused me why you would read this thread if you hadn't seen it -and- then complain about spoilers. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I agree that speculation about an episode should be separate from spoilers. I know I messed up there. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Still, I feel a little bit picked on because Morden stated right out something that is a huge spoiler for Part 2 but I let it slide. I guess my words carry more weight around here. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Originally posted by imsuxok:
<font color="yellow">I fully expect the discussion to involve the 2nd part, but that doesn't bother me, as long as the content of the discussion doesn't shift from speculation to outright facts about the next show. How can you be spoiled by pure conjecture?</font color>

[/quote]
Ok see, this is where ya lost me. You tore Lyta a new one for posting a "spoiler" with no warning, when she did no such thing at all. Then you come out and say you cant be spoiled by conjecture. All Lyta posted WAS conjecture. Here is the one fact we all know from Part 1:

Elizabeth was shot and "is not doing good."

There is a clip at Showtime.com from Part 2 that Lyta was referring to, where Kurdy is talking to Elizabeth. I have seen it myself, and let me tell you that it doesnt spoil jack. She could be recovering in that clip, she could be dying. You DONT KNOW. And no, Im not putting spoiler boxes around what I just said up there, because it is CONJECTURE.

So please, elaborate on why you jumped all overy Lyta's case when she posted her comment. It wasnt a spoiler at all. You saw Part 1. You know what happened to Elizabeth. That clip tells us nothing more than we already know, we still dont know what really happens.

Please don't be so melodramatic. Might I suggest renting 'Swimming With Sharks'? That will give you an idea of what it truly means to "tear somone a new one", as you so eloquently put it.

Anyway, you seem to have misunderstood something along the way. I didn't take offense with the quote: Elizabeth was shot and "is not doing good."

This is what I took offense with:

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">"I am not going to comment on the issue with Elizabeth since I was spoiled with that information but she is at least recovering in next Friday's episode"</font></td></tr></table>

That is a factual statement, not conjecture. I hope we can move on now that the issue has been clarified. This whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion. Lyta acknowledged her mistake and I harbour no ill-feelings towards her.

Ironically enough, I'm so confused at this point that I think I've been anti-spoiled from your previous spoiler. First you say that she's recovering then say that Morden let slip a huge spoiler by saying she's dead (incidentally, I initially interpreted his blunt statement about Elizabeth being dead as a reassertion of his opinion from a prior post, as opposed to a spoiler). Needless to say, now I don't know who to believe. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Maybe I'll just quit while I'm ahead and not look at this thread until after the next episode.

Wow, these last 2 shows have been great /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I love the way JMS is able to envision a story before he writes it. You don't see that to often in TV. I can't wait till they come to St. Louis since I live here. It weird to think the the entire rsistance of the US will be coming to my town to take on VS. Can't wait to see the end. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

This show really needs at second season.

Cerberus

Well, see my point has been made. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif What is spoiler for one is opinion for another. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif The fact is that at this point, we don't really know what will happen to Elizabeth. What Morden said (believes) with some conviction, one could interpret as the truth (i.e. a huge spoiler). /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

See, now I am just messing with you and the issue. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif We will have to see this Friday how it all plays out.

Right... ok. I know I'm a bit late, but I just saw it, so here's my two (or three) cents...

Well, I really liked it.

I liked the details in it. For example, if you rewind to just before the end credits, when Jeremiah is walking to Millhaven and Ezekiel's right behind him, you might notice that he walks with a slight limp - perhaps in connection to his "Tripwire" leg wound?

I knew Clarence was an older man the moment I heard his voice - because that was not remotely the voice of a young man. I liked how it was done, however - you knew, yet... there was that part of you that still was held, screaming, over the firey pit of foreshadowing...

I knew it was Lee. I knew it. I knew he was working for Valhalla Sector.

Any speculation as to who answered the phone call Markus made?

Some great acting by Malcolm in this one!

I'm so tired, so I'll leave it at that for now, but... I say, bad exposition and wierd story processes aside, this is just so freakin' fun to watch. It had BETTER get a pickup for next season. Please, please, please.

Yeah, I picked up on that limp too and my husband and I both came to the same conclusion you did. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I was surpised that Jeremiah and Kurdy didn't notice the timbre of Clarences voice. Maybe they didn't want to say anything but I knew right off that he was old.

Yes, but which part of VS is Chen working for. I am still debating over that part. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I can't speculate on the voice at the other end of the cell phone call. It didn't sound like Jeremiah's dad ... eh, I didn't listen to that part of the ep enough to try to guess any further. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

If we run with your speculation, and the guy on the phone is Jeremiah's father, than Lee isn't really a traitor... is he?

It might be, seeing as he's so close with Ezekiel and that crowd.

Yes, but which part of VS is Chen working for. I am still debating over that part.

[/quote]

Likewise. The military dudes who picked up Lee weren't wearing any Hazmat suits, unlike Quantrel and company in Firewall. Does this mean that VS has been actively recruiting survivors of the Big Death to fight in their military? If so, that creates a lot of new questions.

Perhaps it wasn't VS at all that picked him up. Is it possible that there is an organized military power other than VS? Some survivors of the Big Death may have been able to appropriate military technology from other abandoned bases and used it to build an army.

Originally posted by imsuxok:
<font color="yellow">"I am not going to comment on the issue with Elizabeth since I was spoiled with that information but she is at least recovering in next Friday's episode"

That is a factual statement, not conjecture</font color>

[/quote]
B.S. dude. Its not factual. You dont know if she is recovering or dying in that clip, so it aint a spoiler. Please get over it. Thanks.

B.S. dude. Its not factual. You dont know if she is recovering or dying in that clip, so it aint a spoiler. Please get over it. Thanks.

[/quote]
I think that Lyta accidently read the next ep synopsis (she mentioned this in other thread)*.

I still havent seen TLU p1 but synopsis of p2 is superb imo. Just to hype you /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Sigma

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back