• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

now i'm creeped out

Cern

Regular
now i\'m creeped out

was reading my conspiracy page today, and found this article:
What the Hell was that thing?

anyway, its a story about UFO's that look organic in nature. Blah blah blah. The this pic shows up:
italdent.jpg

and I get all the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

from the article:
The image here at left was purported to have been taken by an Italian Dentist in Italy in July of 1999 in broad daylight. Little more is known about it than that the object was said to be extremely large, flying very high in the sky, emitting no sound and at a pace far too fast to be conventional aircraft or a balloon of somekind, and others who also witnessed the weird spectacle said its underside had 'lights like a UFO.' What is this grotesque, tentacled flying thing? A living creature or a ship of some kind? Could it be a UFO in a transitional phase morphing from one shape into another?

yeah, its probably something weird in the emulsion, or a piece of pollen stuck in the camera.

but it does look awfully Shadow-ish... :rolleyes:

Re: now i\'m creeped out

It does look... quite peculiar.

The year 1999... is relatively recent. It could be a model aircraft. While I personally could not build it... a more experienced modeler might.

People occasionally mistake my gliders for full-scale aircraft, at distances around 200 meters (visbility starts quickly disappearing over 300).

A model aircraft at close distance may appear larger, appear moving faster than real aircraft should... and move silently (when either gliding, or powered by a sufficiently silent electric motor). Model aircraft can have lights for added fun.

---------

I would naturally have liked... if he had possessed a camera with capable optics, zoomed right up to telescope magnification... and snapped a picture of some detail, as opposed to a fuzzy blur.

A fuzzy blur does not allow verifying its authenticity, or details about its nature. This leaves the question open.

P.S. For verification of authenticity, a picture of the surrounding scene in general, especially the sky, would help.

--------

Overall, unidentified flying objects can mainly receive identification as:

- Mars, Venus and the Moon
- Neat clouds casting shadows on each other
- Meteorites and bolites
- Unlikely aircraft
- Optical effects within the lens
- Ball lightning

This one does not clearly fit any profile of known objects, leaving the options of a truly unknown object (would require a quality picture to establish) or fabrication (would require multiple trustable sources to disestablish).

If the alleged object was sufficiently big, there is chance it would have a radar signature... so one could seek additional verification from radar records.

It appears illuminated by atmospheric light, so it certainly cannot be very high. Objects in the upper reaches of atmosphere should appear... somewhat different.

Relax, Cern. The Shadows think humans have great potential! :D

Yeah and I'm sure I will mention this to you when were all implanted in one of their battlecrab... :D :LOL:

Well, there are worse threats than that. They could use their powers to make us actually like a boi-band! :LOL:

i do wish the photographer had a better pic of this thing.

something about the color and almost wet looking texture of it reminds me of a supposed picture of the Loch Ness Monster or Champ, too.

flying plesiosaurs? nah.

It looks CG to me...and in this day and age it's easy to fake things using technology. Can no one else see the tell-tale signs of CG on that...well...whatever it is?

CE

It looks like a chair support to me. One of those where the seat can spin round. The 5 "feet" would make it an european one.

It looks CG to me...and in this day and age it's easy to fake things using technology. Can no one else see the tell-tale signs of CG on that...well...whatever it is?
I can see telltale signs of computer graphics on the "Babylon 4" object alright (the one posted by Vacantlook). :p

The first picture, unfortunately... is too blurry to tell a difference, at least with my eyes.

There probably are a few algorithms which *can* detect the presence of *certain* kinds of computer graphics... but in a blur like that... I doubt they would be efficient.

If one fakes something, it is always recommended to try either hiding relevant details, or distracting attention away from them.

I'm talking about the overall look and the way the light plays on it...it has the same characteristics of CG IMHO.

I never said it was...just that it looks that way.

CE

I'm talking about the overall look and the way the light plays on it...it has the same characteristics of CG IMHO.

I never said it was...just that it looks that way.

CE

I doubt that it is 100 % untouched. However, from the small image fragment that is shown, I can't tell with any certainty whether is is CG or has merely had an image sharpening / contrast enhancement algorithm applied to a digitized copy of the photo.

Unfortunately there isn't enough context to be able to tell what it "should" look like. We can't tell what the lighting should be. We can't tell how small a piece of the original photo that was, and therefore can't tell whether the somewhat oddly faceted look might be largely a matter of the limitations of the grain of the film starting to show.

The slight wavy-ness of the sky immediately next to the object would be pretty bad graphics if it was CG. That actually looks more like an artifact of an enhancement algorithm to me. That would *seem* to indicate that it started out as a very small piece of an actual photo. That, in turn, might suggest that the "surface texture" that we are seeing is more a function of the film grain. If that is the case, then the object could be quite tiny. Such as the previously suggested bit of pollen in the camera.

was reading my conspiracy page today, and found this article:
What the Hell was that thing?

anyway, its a story about UFO's that look organic in nature. Blah blah blah. The this pic shows up:
italdent.jpg

and I get all the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

from the article:
The image here at left was purported to have been taken by an Italian Dentist in Italy in July of 1999 in broad daylight. Little more is known about it than that the object was said to be extremely large, flying very high in the sky, emitting no sound and at a pace far too fast to be conventional aircraft or a balloon of somekind, and others who also witnessed the weird spectacle said its underside had 'lights like a UFO.' What is this grotesque, tentacled flying thing? A living creature or a ship of some kind? Could it be a UFO in a transitional phase morphing from one shape into another?

yeah, its probably something weird in the emulsion, or a piece of pollen stuck in the camera.

but it does look awfully Shadow-ish... :rolleyes:

My first thought was that it looks a bit like Babylon 4. :LOL:

this should probably be in another thread, but it was so weird it kinda fit. I had a dream the other night that I was in the checkout line at the grocery store, and the TV Guide had the headline FIRST LOOK AT BABYLON 5 2.5!!!
why a new series of B5 would be 2.5 you'd have to ask my subconscious. Anyway, I picked it up and flipped through it. I remember a pic of 5 humanoid women described as a hive mind or something, and an alien like a cross between a Drazi and an anteater. he was blue-green too.

then I woke up.

oh well. I was thinking of putting them into a fanfic.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back