• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Not a complaint, per say....faith in JMS...

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Strange how even bad episodes you have to watch because some parts of them finish a story arc or start another or contain a major bit in them
smile.gif

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

B5 seasons 3 and 4 were great because they came after 1 & 2. It's a matter of context. If season 3 would have been season 1, it wouldn't have been as good, even if they were exactly the same episodes.

Joe, your breakdown of season 1 was so much like my view of it that it's scary. What the hell is going on? I'm agreeing with people? Ugh.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Joe, your breakdown of season 1 was so much like my view of it that it's scary. What the hell is going on? I'm agreeing with people? Ugh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Be afraid. Be very afraid."

laugh.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

He he, Joe. Well put. I actually must confess that I did see a little bit of B5 early on in its first run, but didn't like it upon first viewing. I did finally come back to it, and really kicked myself for not watching and taping it every week. Once I got into the momentum of the series, I was hooked for life.

I can’t say I “hate” any episode of B5. When I hear people complaining about episodes, I can see their points. But no B5 episode (or Crusade ep for that matter) ever made me groan. And many of the less enchanting eps, as you point out, still have important and interesting side-stories. (Or whatever the secondary or even tertiary storylines are called.)

I admit I won’t judge any JMS project by the first few episodes only ever again. Although, it sounds like he wants to make more of an immediate “bang” with “Rangers”, I’ll wait for a bit if I don’t like what I see immediately. JMS has proven to me that, despite any initial concerns/criticisms I might have, he has a bigger picture in mind!

I just wasn’t USED TO THAT from television! I couldn’t imagine it, I suppose.
crazy.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back