• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

No Michael O'Hare on the S1 DVD extras?

Re: No Michael O\'Hare on the S1 DVD extras?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Is that anything like what you are supposed to do when asked about your personal divinity?

[/quote]

Exactly. Now if you'll excuse me, the mayor wants to rap with me. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Joe

I really hope it's not too late for O'Hare to be involved in the first season DVD release, but I fear it is. I wondered why his name wasn't on the list for commentaries when the news was first revealed. Hopefully he will be willing to do some commentary for the War Without End two parter if he's asked. And hopefully he will be.

I see that Juche is quoting the First Principle of Conversational Vorlon: when asked about your personal divinity, say "good", "yes" or mumble about pebbles. Never answer "no", for this answer may lead to much inconvenience. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Actually, he was quoting the movie Ghostbusters:

"Ray, when somebody asks you if you're a god, the answer is YES!" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

(Hmmm, Ghostbusters. Haven't seen that one in awhile. May have to break out the DVD tonight...)

Regards,

Joe

I was quite aware of the source. But it seems oddly suitable for Vorlons, given their habit of appearing as divine beings. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Hmmm, Ghostbusters. Haven't seen that one in awhile. May have to break out the DVD tonight..

[/quote]

Wow, that's really weird. Believe it or not, I actually watched it earlier today. I hadn't watched since I first got in on DVD. Kind of weird that you brought that up.

Even more wierdness. I've been meaning to watch it for about a week. My mom has it on DVD, but I haven't gotten around to watchign it yet.

Hi,
Who knows what the story is? Hopefully Michael will decide to do an interview for season 3 for the two part episode "War Without End." It is sad for the fans however.

Paul

Who knows what the story is?

[/quote]

Er, we know what the "story" is, as laid out quite unambiguously in the posts above. It is based on information that came directly from JMS, Sandy Bruckner and Ruth O'Hare, and indirectly from Michael. Warner Bros. called, O'Hare declined for reasons he hasn't shared with us, the deadline passed. No mystery, no "real story" lurking under the surface.

As someone once said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Hi,
How do we know what the story is when Michael O'Hare didn't share his reasons for not doing the interviews?

Paul

How do we know what the story is when Michael O'Hare didn't share his reasons for not doing the interviews?

[/quote]
I think you are reading way too much into this.

They asked, he said "No" (for reasons that he chooses not to share, and we have no right to expect him to). End of story.

Michael O'Hare has done two or three interviews to my knowledge about B5 since he left, in the now-departed B5 official magazine. He has always been positive about his involvement in the show and JMS in particular.

More than likely it was just a scheduling thing, or he didn't want to go back and retread (once again) a show that he was in the first season (and only the first season) of 8 years ago - leaving aside his brief S2 appearance and WWE.

Especially as he wasn't going to get paid.

He does have a career you know!!

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Hi,
I am wondering if they will have the promos for season 1 on the DVDs? Before season 1 aired on UPN, I did see an interview with Michael and Claudia where they discussed the upcoming show. Michael stated that this new show was going to be like a cross between Battlestar Galactica and another show that I have forgotten the name to.

Paul

Sounds like those interviews may have been part of the documentary that aired when the show launched, the one Walter Koenig hosted, which is included on the disc. If there were stand-alone promos they may or may not be included with the set, but there has been no mention of them from either JMS or Warner Bros. There also haven't been any mentions of the individual "next week on Babylon 5" episode promos, which I certainly hope will be included, as they were for The X-Files. (Actually they included both the 15 and 30 second promos for each episode.)

And just to nitpick: Your local PTEN station may also have been a UPN affiliate (mine was), but any promos you saw were not "on UPN". They (like the show) would have aired during off-network days or hours. They were not carried by the network. (In other parts of the country B5 and the other PTEN shows aired on independent stations, Fox stations, maybe even CBS, NBC or ABC affiliates, but none of those networks ever had anything to do with the series.)

Regards,

Joe

And I sure hope that those PTEN promos will be included in the set...they're as much a piece of B5 history as the episodes themselves. On other fronts, I am dancing with glee that the E! behind-the-scenes documentary is going to be in there; apparently, it wasn't any trouble for Warner Brothers to secure the rights to it, and I'm hoping that the same holds true for the promos, the bulk of which were produced through PTEN, rather than TNT. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Hi,
According to Ruth O'Hare, the one that Walter Koenig hosted will be on the DVD. Michael was in that.

Paul

On other fronts, I am dancing with glee that the E! behind-the-scenes documentary is going to be in there

[/quote]

I'm not aware of this one. I only know of two documentaries about B5 that have aired on American television - one produced for PTEN, which aired on member stations (and which may have been rerun on Sci-Fi at some point) and one produced for TNT to coincide with the debut of the reruns and the start of the fifth season. The first in the one that Walter Koenig hosted. It originally aired in 1994, and that's the copyright date noted at the WB flash site, so based on that I've always assumed that this is the one existing documentary that would be on the disc. (For some reason I think that WHV might have a hard time getting the rights to the TNT documentary - although when you think about it the network really doesn't have any other use for it, and it would make sense to make a few bucks licensing it back to WB. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif) The second documentary is, of course, the one produced this summer for the DVD set itself. It will include the new interviews with Rick Biggs, Stephen Furst, et. al.

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back