• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

News post: Delicate Creatures out tommorow

B5LR

Regular
<font size="+1">Delicate Creatures out tommorow</font>
<font size="3">JMS gives update on his latest graphic novel</font>

In a post to the moderated newsgroup, JMS gave the following update on a graphic novel release:

<font color="#99cc99">For those who've been asking ever since the book was supposed to come out in October...the Delicate Creatures hardcover graphic novel, my first, comes out January 4th. The darned thing was finished a month ago, so it's about time. One advisory: the initial run is only about 16,000 copies, because this is Top Cow's first stab at a book like this, so it may be a good idea to reserve a copy if you want to be assured of getting one.

The art is by Michael Zulli, best known for his work on Neil Gaiman's Sandman. For those who'd like a preview, you can get a look at some of the art (the preview is in b&w, but the book is in color) [click here].</font>

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited January 02, 2002).]

I checked the preview and I thought the artwork in the colored picture was really beautiful.

I don't normally buy this type of book, but I will be interested to know how many people on this list do buy it. The price is quite reasonable so I would imagine JMS fans will be out in droves.
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Well, I for one intend to buy it, actually two or three of it. I've been waiting since the original release date, and have promised it to a couple of folks as christmas presents. doh!

I've also been reading Rising Stars, but I've missed the boat on Midnight Nation.

The writing and story itself will be worth the cover price. The artwork will be a bonus.

Radar

------------------
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

[This message has been edited by Radar (edited January 04, 2002).]

Has anyone gotten a hold of this? I have heard rumors that Top Cow did not ship this title and I have not yet called my comic shop to get the scoop ...

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
"Ah, you seek meaning?" ~ "Yes." ~ "Then listen to the music, not the song." —Ambassador Kosh & Talia Winters

I have it pre-ordered on Amazon, and it has not yet shipped. Also, no delivery date is estimated, which makes me think Top Cow may not have all its cylinders firing for distribution.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Argh, Top Cow is really getting on my nerves. JMS has stated that he has been done with this title and it "went to the printer's" on Nov. 9th, 2001. I also don't understand what is taking so long with TC getting Rising Stars Vol. 2 TPB out either for that matter.
mad.gif

Well, at least I will get my Rising Stars and Amazing Spider-Man fix this week ...
crazy.gif

------------------
"Ah, you seek meaning?" ~ "Yes." ~ "Then listen to the music, not the song." —Ambassador Kosh & Talia Winters

Here is the lastest post from JMS about this title:

"I was kinda puzzled too, since Diamond had it coming out last week. I checked with Top Cow and there was apparently a printer's mistake, so they had to go back and re-do it. It's now back on track (and on Diamond) to come out on the 16th."

Now if they can only get the RS TPB vol 2 out ...

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:

Argh, Top Cow is really getting on my nerves.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL yeah Top Cow seems to be ALWAYS late I read a few of there titles I used to read a few more but they are just not consistant with well much of anyhting heh. Late late late heh

I personally hope JMS moves Joe's comics somwhere else.

Yeah at least RS and spidy be out this week.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back