• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

It would have been o.k. if it were somebody else? ;)

That is an episode you'll either love or hate. I loved it, because I love characters that are a bit... over-the-top. No, that's not the right phrase. :LOL:

I was mystified that the Vorlons allowed such a terrible thing to happen to good folk like Sheridan and Delenn...until the motive was revealed. It was a bit extreme, but then...

I can't say I "loved" the episode, but it was interesting. Now we know what happened to the Ripper. The Vorlons got him. Heh-heh!!!

Wasn't Wayne Alexander just amazing in that episode? He's so cool. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, I do the same thing every time at the end and help Sebastion finish that sentence! :D

As much as I don't like Sebastian, I do agree that Wayne did an awesome job playing him. ;)

You're not supposed to like Sebastian. The more you don't like him, the better. :)

I really didn't like him at all...the actor did a great job of portraying a thoroughly unlikable character.

That's why I was so tickled that the Vorlons had him.

Yes, from what Sebastian says, he'd prefer death at this point.

One of the really super-neat aspects of B5 is the remarkable quality of guest stars it managed to attract. :cool:

And you will be treated to Wayne Alexander playing other parts in the remainder of the series to the same caliber (although you may not recognize him)

Sorry if you consider that a spoiler, I personally have never considered knowledge of a guest star a spoiler.

Sorry if you consider that a spoiler, I personally have never considered knowledge of a guest star a spoiler.
Sometimes a guest star can be a spoiler (in my mind), if it means that you know that a particular character is returning.

Since you said that he plays other characters, I personally don't think of that as a spoiler.

----------------------

ilikemike: I haven't seen any comment on Londo watching the bombardment of Narn. I always found that one of the more powerful moments of television that I can remember, especially in terms of dialog free moments.

Sometimes a guest star can be a spoiler (in my mind), if it means that you know that a particular character is returning.

Since you said that he plays other characters, I personally don't think of that as a spoiler.

----------------------

ilikemike: I haven't seen any comment on Londo watching the bombardment of Narn. I always found that one of the more powerful moments of television that I can remember, especially in terms of dialog free moments.

Concerning guest stars: I don't mind knowing who the guest stars are...as long as they aren't returning characters. Otherwise, it's no big deal. I have something to look forward to. For example, I know that Boxleitner's wife, Melissa Gilbert is in here somewhere...later on...but I have NO idea in what capacity; I don't want to know that. I look forward to seeing her in ANY capacity...as long as the character looks like Melissa Gilbert. I just love her. So it'll be a surprise as long as I'll know it's her and she's not in some alien get-up.

About Londo watching the bombardment of Narn: I weep for him at that point; I love the character...and he's in a spiderweb he cannot get out of. The web tightens more and more no matter what he does. He is a very tragic character.

Speaking of alien make-up, do you guys ever try to look through the make-up...to see if you can tell who it is?

It makes me crazy sometimes trying to figure out who's under there! The make-up is so good that you can't always see through it, so I'll focus on the actor's voice and I'll generally get it that way...but it can take a while!

I suppose I could cheat and look at the credits, :Dbut it's more fun my way!

I'll probably do some of that on the second viewing. Right now, I'm trying to see if I can guess where this story's going.

Finally met Marcus Cole...WOW! He is SO good looking and has that great British accent. What a neat character he plays, too!

Ah, many a female fan swoons over Marcus. :LOL:

He is well played. :cool:

I look forward to seeing her in ANY capacity...as long as the character looks like Melissa Gilbert. I just love her. So it'll be a surprise as long as I'll know it's her and she's not in some alien get-up.

I don't think it constitutes a spoiler to say that it will certainly be a surprise. :D

Ah, many a female fan swoons over Marcus.

He is well played.

Among other things ... according to my wife, at least.

I reached a milestone in my "rennovate the condo, re-assemble, improve the home theater" project. Last night I dug my 5 season sets of B5 out of storage and loaded them up in my 400-disc DVD changer. I made it through "The Parliament of Dreams" before forcing myself to go to bed so I'd be semi-coherent at work today. :) It has been more than three years since I've had a chance to watch the whole series straight through (I did recently rewatch the TV movies except for Rangers, which is still in the shrink wrap in some other box somewhere.)

I'm still finding new stuff, especially (and I learned this with the TV movies) if I make myself watch ever frame even of episodes that I don't like and often FF through. I can't believe this didn't register before, for instance, but in "Soul Hunter"
the title character assures Delenn that she is going to have a peaceful death, that she'll feel like she's falling but not to worry, "I will catch you."

Almost exactly the same words are later spoken by Delenn herself, of course, to another character under vastly different circumstances. One wonders if JMS had some version of the later scene in mind when he wrote "Soul Hunter", and planted that as deliberate foreshadowing, or if when he came to write the other episode he thought it would be fun to echo the earlier dialogue. (Or maybe it was an all an accident. Nah, couldn't be. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Finally met Marcus Cole...WOW! He is SO good looking

And just as handsome and dishy in real life. ;)

I have another favorite, (want to guess who that is?)....but I agree that Marcus is :eek:very nice looking! :D He has a hot accent, too!

Ah, more than that. Marcus was written to be charming.

:)

Yes, Marcus has many fans. :D

By the way, I don't know if anyone answered your Mellissa Gilbert question: you will definitely recognize her. So don't go looking for her in rock formations or anything. :p You'll know it's her. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back