• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New Galactica Petition

Maybe you should figure out phase 2 and 3 before you execute phase 1 and waste everyone's time.

This is why online petitions are a waste of time. They never go anywhere, no one looks at them or takes them seriously. The only thing they do accomplish is making some of the people who sign them feel better about a situation for a short while.

Well, at least it's not shrieking about what a heresy Ron Moore's vision is, though I sense some of that between the lines.

Bah, online petitions are pointless.

I'd sign it but... that would make you believe your little delusion that anyone actually cares about online petitions more than you already do. Hell, people don't really care about real pen and paper ones, but those matter a billion or so times more than the online ones to them.

I'd sign it but... that would make you believe your little delusion that anyone actually cares about online petitions more than you already do. Hell, people don't really care about real pen and paper ones, but those matter a billion or so times more than the online ones to them.

I am not delusional. :LOL:

At least he's doing something constructive, instead of some people around the internet, who sits in their parent's basement and bitch all day about how this is such a travesty to the original, and that Ron Moore should die, and that Katie Sackhoff should be burned at the stake. You ask me, that isn't constructive.

This is one guy who's trying to help get a project that doesn't even have a green light yet, a helpful foot in the door. At least somebody is trying.

Rommie ;)

LoL, I'm not saying it's wrong to try. But.... Lemme put it this way.. You have... a seven year old, and he decides he wants to get a parked 18 wheeler out of his way. Should he try pushing it?
Other analogy, a huge sailboat, and there's no wind. Should all of the sailors blow into the sail to get the thing moving?
You write a petition, and you get a thousand people to sign it, and you send it to the studio. Some intern is gonna open it, and take it to someone that is somewhat important. The somewhat important person will laugh in his face the second he hears it is a petition without even caring what it is about. He will then tell the intern to throw it away and send a generic "Thank You for Your Interest in the show" letter back.
Now, they'll get that generic letter back as an acknowledgement of their effort, so that they know that they accomplished absolutely nothing. In the case of an internet petition, you won't even get that, no one will read it, no one will care.

Ask someone that knows stuff about the Biz what execs think of online petitions. Ask JoeDM. He'll tell you that no one cares. Ask JMS LoL, he won't even care enough to read it much less reply, that should give you an indication of how things work. Hell, not even Vanilla Ice would reply, and he's a nobody now.

I think its kinda delusional too, but that's definitely not an insult. I think anyone who struggles against a force far greater than they are has to be a little delusional. Frankly, I'd take it as a compliment.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back