• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New Cast Photo

channe

Regular
Flitted by the Rangers site on Sci-Fi for the first time since the ninth...

For those of you who are interested and don't know about it yet, Sci-Fi got rid of their gallery of production pictures (you did notice the guys in flannel standing around with scripts, right?) and put up two wallpaper photos. One's probably the ancient city, and the other is a great composite of the cast - and this one's a great publicity shot, folks, you *must* go check it out.

In my own humble nitpicky art opinion, which is as always unasked for, the Sci-Fi PR people could have made it less evident that it went through numerous revisions in Photoshop and given us more of the set and the Rangers in their element. It would have given the cast's expressions additional punch.

Not that such punch isn't already there. I can't get over the feeling that they're all plotting something...

------------------
Channe, who lives for the One and dies for the peanut-butter pie
--
"The secret of writing: get your character up a tree, and throw rocks at him." -JMS

Channe, thankyou!

What a fantasic shot of the cast. Have you ever seen a sexier group of sci-fi actors?

If the show is as good as they all look... well, I dare say it might work!
shocked.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Sheridan: "It's... damn inconvienient!"
Delenn: "The truth often is."

Thanks, Channe... the ancient city (or whatever it is!) has now replaced a Starfury on my desktop.
smile.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Flitted by the Rangers site on Sci-Fi for the first time since the ninth...

For those of you who are interested and don't know about it yet, Sci-Fi got rid of their gallery of production pictures (you did notice the guys in flannel standing around with scripts, right?)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Missed that (the guys in flannel standing around with scripts). Haven't checked Gallery since 10/8, when it didn't work for me. Since there were no updates listed under "RECENT UPDATES" on http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/ page, I thought nothing had changed.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
In my own humble nitpicky art opinion, which is as always unasked for, the Sci-Fi PR people could have made it less evident that it went through numerous revisions in Photoshop and given us more of the set and the Rangers in their element. It would have given the cast's expressions additional punch.

Not that such punch isn't already there. I can't get over the feeling that they're all plotting something...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From a photographic POV, I find the stark contrast between the Minbaris' white head mottling and the tan of the rest of their head distracting (just too much contrast, and too different from the other Minbari we've seen on B5), and the Narn too shiny and high contrast as well. The rest look great.

I like the city shot.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

SataiDelenn, I think the phrase you're looking for is 'je ne sais quoi.'
laugh.gif

Yup, the photos they put up on the eighth were taken during shooting, and they often had crew guys in flannel and jeans standing off to the side. A couple shots had the movie equipment in it, as well, and one or two were obviously taken during breaks in shooting and not during the scenes themselves. I thought it was cool - there was Martel running down the cooridor like a bat out of hell, and a guy leaning against the bulkhead, idly reading the script...

------------------
--
"The secret of writing: get your character up a tree, and throw rocks at him." -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited October 31, 2001).]

I like that new picture! It's cool! Unfortunitely, I'm having problems with the "My Pictures" program in Windows. Every time I tried to save the picture my computer would freeze up on me and it wouldn't let me save the picture. I had to turn the computer off and turn it back on again just to get out of it.
frown.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

Cyber-hello!

Regarding the photos that were posted at the official website for Sci Fi's "Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers"...

Joe Straczynski had just purchased a new digital still camera, and was snapping photos of us cast members during filming...during breaks between scene takes...etc.

This explains the equipment and crew that were in some of the captured pictures!

I believe that these photos were from "JMS"...

I remember him (JMS) lurking in the shadows with a trigger-happy finger, snapping away!

Cheers! -Warren T. Takeuchi- "Kit" -Ranger

laugh.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
I like that new picture! It's cool! Unfortunitely, I'm having problems with the "My Pictures" program in Windows. Every time I tried to save the picture my computer would freeze up on me and it wouldn't let me save the picture. I had to turn the computer off and turn it back on again just to get out of it.
frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't you just do a Right-Click on the picture in your browser and do a Save Picture As? I did that and saved as a BMP to try to avoid 1 generation of JPG compression losses.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

They were neat photos. They were the first time the public actually was able to see more than just the two publicity cast shots previously released. Too bad they're not still up...

------------------
--

I agree that they are nice pictures ... too bad the old ones disappeared. Did anyone save them?

PS: I just wish web sites like SciFi would show up better on Netscrape ... I couldn't even see the download links!
frown.gif
One of these days I will totally convert to Opera. *sigh*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. --G'Kar

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited October 31, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> PS: I just wish web sites like SciFi would show up better on Netscrape ... I couldn't even see the download links! One of these days I will totally convert to Opera. *sigh*
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not as long as Micro$lut has their way.

Too many website designers don't care.
Others deliberately use features M$lut designed to break other borwsers.
Some corporate sites even have bosses who order the designers not to "Waste time" fixing the problems.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Warren, thank you for that additional insight.

You guys must have such a great time... ducking and weaving into darkened corners desperate to get out of the frame of the Great Maker and his trigger happy finger! *laughs*

You make us all jealous! We wish we were there too!

Did anyone ever hide the camera...? By the sounds of things he was just begging for it to happen!

------------------
Sheridan: "It's... damn inconvienient!"
Delenn: "The truth often is."

Continuing my worthless commentary on the Minbari font, that city picture has the caption SCIFI.COM B5:RANGERS in the new font.

This answers the age-old question:
Do Minbari use colons in their punctuation?

Also notice the wacky symbol for "5".

------------------
By Grabthar's Hammer!
By the Suns of Worvan!
You Shall BE AVENGED!
~Doctor Lazarus, Galaxy Quest episode 52, "Today is the Tomorrow of Our Yesterdays"

You *are* obsessed, B5_Obsessed.
smile.gif

------------------
Channe, the next JMS
--
Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and one fine morning - so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
-f. scott fitzgerald

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Can't you just do a Right-Click on the picture in your browser and do a Save Picture As? I did that and saved as a BMP to try to avoid 1 generation of JPG compression losses.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I tried to do and it wouldn't let me save it. I think there's something wrong with the program itself, and I haven't found yet exactly how to fix it.

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Too many website designers don't care.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Soon, they may have to. AOL has been showing an increasing interest in moving their various services over to Mozilla (Netscape 6.x), which strives for complete standards compliance. Fist out will be Compuserve, which already has a Mozilla using beta version.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Too many website designers don't care.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Soon, they may have to. AOL has been showing an increasing interest in moving their various services over to Mozilla (Netscape 6.x), which strives for complete standards compliance. Fist out will be Compuserve, which already has a Mozilla using beta version.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with bakana about M$ and I also have to say that it sux to live in the same area as the "Evil Empire" ...
frown.gif

Drakh, interesting news about AOL and Netscrape. I have yet to upgrade to 6.x ... I just don't have much time to fiddle with upgrading. I have Opera insta lled on some computers and played with it a bit, but there are things about it that irritate me too. Maybe one of these days I will get up the energy to try another browser/version.
smile.gif

[Edit note: I totally forgot to mention that I noticed that there are more cast photos in the Gallery section of SciFi's web site. Not bad and I can't wait for more!]

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. --G'Kar

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited November 04, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back