• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Narn Rangers?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

About the Drazi, they don't do that Purple Drazi / Green Drazi thing all the time. It's only once every 5 years (correct me on the time if I'm wrong) that they do that. And once the fighting's over things go back to normal. So besides that period every 5 years, Drazi wouldn't be a problem. (At least, not for THAT reason)

Gaim would be cool, too. The Gaim Ambassador we see isn't a normal Gaim. It's a specially bred Gaim specific for the role of ambassador. I'm sure the Gaim could produce a new type of Gaim specific for joining the Rangers.

I agree, though, on most of the points here. I'd like to see some other races as Rangers. A Narn Ranger would be good, particularly. (No Drazi, though. I have a rabid hatred of the Drazi) And only 1 Minbari Ranger seems a little light. (Sinclair said the Rangers were made up mostly by humans, but since the time when he said that the Rangers have become respectable amongst the Minbari, so more Minbari should've been signing up)

Some of the league races, though, I have no interest in seeing. A Pak'ma'ra, while an interesting story thread in one episode, is not a character I want to see over the course of 5 years. The league races for the most part are just uninteresting. (And Brakiri make-up just bothers me, for some reason. They seem like a cheap alien race, to me.)

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Matthew Gideon:
About the Drazi, they don't do that Purple Drazi / Green Drazi thing all the time. It's only once every 5 years (correct me on the time if I'm wrong) that they do that. And once the fighting's over things go back to normal. So besides that period every 5 years, Drazi wouldn't be a problem. (At least, not for THAT reason)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They also choose sides when that happens - a Green Drazi is not a Green Drazi forever, necessarily.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>A Pak'ma'ra, while an interesting story thread in one episode, is not a character I want to see over the course of 5 years. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To me, pak'ma'ra seem like naturals, though. Non-Rangers probably wouldnt' suspect them, if they were travelling incognito, and I seem to recall someone calling them the most honorable race in the League.

les

------------------

Delenn supposedly opened the rangers up to all the member worlds of the alliance in 2261, so why by 2267 have we still only seen one non-human/minbari ranger on the series? (a pak'ma'ra, and he was given courier duties, which if I remember were not considered worthy of an ordinary ranger).
Surely we should have seen at least a few Narn and Drazi extras as rangers by now - it's not like they can't fight, after all, and they would look so cool as rangers.
I have some trouble suspending my disbelief over the whole interstellar alliance anyway. Why is it so unrepresentative of its member races? Why do the minor races surrender their territorial rights to the rangers, a massively superior vigilante army answerable to just one person, who seem to go around roughing people up without any respect for the due process that everyone else seems to be so keen on? Presumably the other races joined the alliance out of fear as much as anything else.
I hope this new series is going to correct the balance a little, because at the moment the rangers worry me a lot.

------------------

Whoops, I didn't really mean to put this on the Crusade board. Sorry.
frown.gif

------------------

I agree with RMcD. If by 2265-2266 members of other races, not just Humans and Minbari are already allowed to become rangers, then we ought to see some of them, too.

If not in the movie, then in the series, if there will be a series. I suspect it would become ever so slightly boring to have a series only about Human and Minbari rangers - even if they get to wander around the galaxy and visit other worlds.

------------------
"You've misspelled this. There's no 'Y' in liberties."
"Oh, go away. Repress someone else."

there were Drazi and Yalu rangers as well, mentioned in the same episode, Learning Curves. Since we only say about 8 months in the future beyond this, their training may not have been completed their training

------------------

The Narn Bat Squad would provide a welcome addition to the Warrior Caste... I'm absolutely certain we'll see at least some Narn rangers.

With the Drazi there might be a problem... one would have to avoid assigning green and purple Drazi to the same ship or they would try to space each other. Some Brakiri would certainly join... being largely merchants/traders like the Vree they are probably skillful at gathering intelligence.

The Centauri probably have their hands and tentacles full of other affairs (mainly Drakh) so I doubt if there would be many.

About the Gaim I simply don't know... some have suggested that their social structure might not favour someone just joining the Rangers without authorization or even an order to do so.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited May 12, 2001).]

The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe... the loud ones only take the credit.
wink.gif

------------------
vakie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
The Narn Bat Squad would provide a welcome addition to the Warrior Caste... I'm absolutely certain we'll see at least some Narn rangers.

With the Drazi there might be a problem... one would have to avoid assigning green and purple Drazi to the same ship or they would try to space each other. Some Brakiri would certainly join... being largely merchants/traders like the Vree they are probably skillful at gathering intelligence.

The Centauri probably have their hands and tentacles full of other affairs (mainly Drakh) so I doubt if there would be many.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who would want a Centauri ranger? I know I wouldn't. Sorry, but they, albeit inadvertently, brought the shadows in earlier than was expected. I mean Cartagia? Duh. I was glad when that one bought the farm (poor Vir). Alright Vir, I could live with Vir in the rangers.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Agreed Vakie. Agreed.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

I definately wouldn't mind seeing some other races representing the rangers. It sure would show how much the species have come together. Seeing just human and Minbari rangers would get pretty dull after a while.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GideonsMine:
Alright Vir, I could live with Vir in the rangers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are probably more Centauri like Vir.

------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." -- Captain Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie (The Drumhead)

I always liked Vir. Thought he was just flat out adorable and had a good head on his shoulders for all the so-called fumbling. I felt bad for him when he had to adjust to get rid of Cartagia because Londo messed up. And when he made Sheridan a Centauri to save Narns. Yes, Vir is a great Centauri in many many ways.

Yes there were quite a few Centauri that were admirable. Yes quite a few. Okay, I take the sour grapes back. I admired Londo's friend immensely, felt so bad for him. But not Refa. Didn't like Refa. Grated on me the wrong way.

I would still like to see lots of rangers, certainly not just human or minbari. The guardians of all, seekers of justice and good, join one join all.

We live for the one, we die for the one.

OK, I am only a little weird, I promise.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

[This message has been edited by GideonsMine (edited May 15, 2001).]

If you assign any other race as Captain of the Rangers on board one vessel, and you have differing factions of Drazi under his/her command. The Captain orders the drazi to hand over their sashes saying that it is an alliance matter and under the duristiction of the Rangers, to disobey would be to betray The One, he then uses the Ivanova solution to get the Drazi to copoperate, assuming of course they can find some fabric dye on board.

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

The only thing about Centauri rangers, is that the Centauri are not an alliance race again presumably until Vir becomes Emperor. However, I cannot think of a greater reason or need for there to be Centauri rangers given this fact, so Centauri like minded to Vir would be a valuable resource for the Alliance to have.

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

Latest posts

Members online

Back