• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Naming a conference room

Cerberus

Regular
Hello, I have a question for you all. First a little backgound. I worked for a startup company and the name of our conference room was X-Files. That company was dissolved; however, I am still working with a few of the same people in a new startup venture. Today, my boss called down and asked me if I could think of a good name for our new conference room. He said since I watch shows like B5 and X-files he felt I could come up with something. I threw out a few names like "Jumpgate", “Valhalla Sector, etc. If anyone can think of a good name and throw it out here that would be great.

Thanks in advance…

Cerberus

Not really sure what type of name you're looking for but I always thought that the Shai Alyt was a cool sounding name, or title rather. I don't know how well that would work for a conference center though, but it's just a thought.

Submitted for your approval, a few funky and mysterious names for your clandestine meetings:

Bay 13
Bureau 13
Dukhat's Sanctum
C & C
The Observation Dome
Mars Hotel
Grey 17
Z'ha'Dum
The Zocolo
The Throne Room
Brown Sector

Of course, in today's business environment, you can go from the throne room to Brown Sector in a heartbeat. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Since noone else has gone in this direction yet:

Moya
Talyn
the Docking Bay
Lo'la
the Comfy Chair
Budong
Shadow Depository

Or you could go with an elemental sound:
Aeryn Sun

Or repeating the "X" word theme from you previous company:
Xhalax Sun

Thanks for all of your ideas for names and such a quick response. I will submit all of these to my boss and give you the results after they make a decision. There is no real time line so keep sending. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again.

Cerberus

Name it The Salad Bar! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, that might not be good because then your co-workers would expect to be fed every time they went in there. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

How about these:

Cobra Bay
Your own version of C&C: Conference and Chatting room
The Whitestar Bridge
The Galatic Core

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back