• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Myriam Sirois

GreyWulph

I got to meet Myriam Sirois at the I-Con convention at Stony Brook Univ. this weekend. All I can say is that she is the biggest...sweetheart I have ever met! She is so nice and friendly. She didn't charge for her autograph and let you sign several things if you had them ( I had her sign my LOTR promo postcard and her picture I had in the I-Con program book). I couldn't believe how pretty she is in person...absolutely gorgeous and her personality matches.

I also met Andreas Katsulas at the same convention. Also friendly although you couldn't talk to him much because the line was long.

The next day I BARELY met Jeff Conaway at the Chiller Theatre convention. He was supposed to be signing out in the big outdoor tent all day and when he was nowhere to be seen I went in the hotel to find out from the convention runners where he was when I literally came face to face with him. He appeared to be leaving ahead of schedule (I think he partied a little too hard the night before LOL) but when I asked for his autograph he was gracious enough to give it to me even though he wasn't feeling very well. Some other actors would have told me to go *BLEEP* myself.

Also got another Richard Biggs autograph this weekend, Julie Caitlin Brown, and Robin Atkin Downes.

It's been a busy weekend!

I've always known Myriam Sirois is a goddess, and this reafirms it.

Grey, you didn't get any pictures, did you? In fact, if anyone could post some pictures outside of her Sarah Cantrell role, the mighty GKarsEye would be mighty happy.

Well, if you haven't seen this one ...
img_0499.jpg

Extra bonus as it has a cutie for me too. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I was at I-con last weekend as well. It was alot of fun. I bought this huge picture of the entire B5 season 4 cast giving the finger (!) sighned by Jason Carter and Rich Biggs.

The best part of the Con was something they do every year called "Inside the SF actors studio" which is suposed to be like the cable TV show except they have more then one actor and focus more on Sci-Fi things. Its mostly funny. At it was Myriam, Andreas Katsulas, Rich Biggs and Jason Carter, as well as Billy Boid from Lord of the Rings! (it was his first con!)

Ah, you're all making me so jealous!

I would have been at I-Con too, if it weren't for my ratza fratzin' car (upon which I had to spend the money I was going to use to get myself down to Long Island). Le sigh...

I hope all of you had fun!

I just got back to St. Louis on Tuesday, it was a great convention like Billy Boid, this was my first. I missed getting Myriam autograph by about 1 hour. That really sucked. I was able to get G'Kar's and the cool thing was we were both wearing the Scifi promo t-shirt for "Legend of the Rangers." That was way cool, as Mike G has said the best part was the "Inside the SF actors studio." I was there with my wife to be and another couple that had never watched B5 before. My friends came away from the convention wanting to watch B5 for 3 reasons:

· There was a panel discussion about the search for life outside of earth. There were 4 speakers and on had been writing since the 20’s. He spoke of the B5 episode (can’t think of the name right now) where a ship came though the jumpgate and basically asked the station to solve a list of problems. They were told if you solve the problems you well get knowledge well beyond your own, and if you fail you will be destroyed. This intrigued my friends.

· My fiends were also impressed that a friend had told Billy Boid to watch B5 and Billy would always say “Ya, someday” and basically never get around to it. Well he was in the hospital getting his tonsils removed and a friend gave him some tapes. He ended up watching all the B5 shows in about 3 weeks.

· The final reason was that Myriam Sirois started watching B5 to learn more about her role, and she is still watching B5 even though the shows not going forward and she is watching them out of order and getting confused.

These reasons along with the Babylon 5 cast was just extremely funny and had such great chemistry on stage just blew my friends away. One girl who was an actor at her school and is always having to put up with a lot of shit from her peers asked a question how do you handle all the negativity and during the question was starting to get very upset. Andreas and Myriam answered her question and gave her a great answer of staying very positive and just having confidence in yourself and not to worry about other people. (the answer was a hundred time better but you get the point) Myriam is just a very positive person and she was great to see. We also got to see her doing one of her weapons punches. There was little girl up on the balcony named Mary Beth and the moderator asked how you would defend your self if you were in character and Mary Beth was your sworn enemy. Myriam stood up and did a weapon discharge, Jason ran out to the lobby, when he came back, it said that Richard Biggs would take stems. (Very funny).

Man it was a great time, glad some people from the board were there. Also who was dressed up as Kosh. Someone had made an encounter suit of Kosh. Very Cool. Well that’s about it. And Channe no one was wearing an “Ass kicking” t-shirt. Sorry you whitestar couldn’t make it.

Cerberus

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>He spoke of the B5 episode (can’t think of the name right now) where a ship came though the jumpgate and basically asked the station to solve a list of problems.<hr></blockquote>

A Day in the Strife.

And if anybody knows when Myriam is heading to the Colorado Springs/Denver area, let me know.

Myriam. In person. It's a dream I have. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Cool! I would LOVE to meet Myriam. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm hoping she'd be willing to swing by Cleveland on the way back from one of the cons that she goes to. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

You're in Cleveland, RW? So am I. It was here - at CWRU - that I first starting meeting multiple people who were into B5. Before then I only knew of two other hardcore fans - my Mom from back home and a girl I had a crush on from Elyria. Here I found other hardcore addicts, got introduced to the CCG (and thus my grades did suffer /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif) and now even can host B5 watching parties. ^_^

Crazy go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.starland.com>www.starland.com</a> and keep a look out there. The next con from them is in 2003, that is the website for the star trek convention in Denver CO. that i have been going to for years. I met lots of B5 actors there and I think that would be your best bet. If you know of any others in denver I would like to know. ( i live in Englewood.)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back