• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Myriam Sirois to appear in an upcoming SciFi.com chat near you

Lyta

Hot from one of the mailing lists I am on ... from someone at SciFi.com!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: legendoftherangers@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:00:30 -0500
Subject: [legendoftherangers] Chat with Babylon 5: Rangers cast at SCIFI.COM

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind this post, normally I don't spam but I thought fans of B5 might appreciate
the info.

Thanks,
Karl Kloepping
Community PRoducer

SCIFI.COM
BABYLON 5: LEGEND OF THE RANGERS CHATS:

SCIFI.COM is pleased to announce new chats in our series with cast members of the upcoming SCI FI original movie, Babylon 5: Legend of the Rangers. SCIFI.COM will be hosting chats with WARREN T. TAKEUCHI and MYRIAM SIROIS. All chats are listed in Eastern Standard
Time. To learn more or join the chat please visit: http://www.scifi.com/chat/

WARREN T. TAKEUCHI
Thursday December 13
9:00 PM ET

MYRIAM SIROIS
Thursday January 3
9:00 PM ET

Hope to see you there.
More B5:LOTR chats to come!

<snip>

Karl Kloepping
Community Producer
SCIFI.COM
karl@www.scifi.com

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

Oh, rockin'. So they haven't forgotten the fact that there are women hanging around the Liandra, too...
smile.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Oh, rockin'. So they haven't forgotten the fact that there are women hanging around the Liandra, too...
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I was getting worried too but maybe they were saving the best (the women) for last! Hopefully, Enid-Raye's chat will be soon cuz that should be a hoot!
smile.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

I would join the chat, but I don't think I'd be able to resist hitting on her, so I'd better stay out of it.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

*whaps GKarsEye* Men! Agh!
crazy.gif

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I would go to the chat and not hit on her. (and no, I'm not gay either!). I guess I know how to control myself.
tongue.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

There's also the fact that it wouldn't do you any good to hit on her.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Myriam - if you're reading this, the interview you gave on scifi.com's Rangers site was great! I've been holding my breath to hear about Sarah Cantrell. From the trailer and from some early reports I had heard, I got the general impression that Cantrell was about something more than gracing the bridge with her gorgeous presence, which, unfortunately, is the role of women in much televised media science fiction. Now we know from the source that she's more than a just a space babe, and that makes me very, very happy.
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 13, 2001).]

Hi Channe, so nice to hear from you.
Thanks so much for your thoughts. I couldn't agree with you more.

It is really nice to have the opportunity to portray a woman of strength and be given the chance to show her as a whole person. Meaning, that Sarah is never one dimensional. She is allowed to be so much more than a card board cut out and for that I am thankful to Joe.

I hope you will be able to attend my online chat, I look forward to speeking to you then.

Take care, Myriam.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
I would go to the chat and not hit on her. (and no, I'm not gay either!). I guess I know how to control myself.
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just what are you implying there, RW? ~_^

I am certainly looking forward to chatting with you, Myriam. I agree with you and channe, it's about time a sci-fi series got a babe who isn't a...well, a sex object for the men to ogle at. (I know men will ogle, but at least that's not your character's sole purpose for being there!) That is a major reason I respected Babylon 5 and JMS, and it looks like my respect is well-placed.

------------------
Do you dare to enter tygirwulf's Lair?

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tygirwulf:
That is a major reason I respected Babylon 5 and JMS, and it looks like my respect is well-placed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ja. B5, with the exception of "Grey 17 Is Missing" and some of the earlier Season 1, was never Science Fiction Lite.

And that's why I watch it.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> with the exception of "Grey 17 Is Missing" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every show has to have a "Worst" episode.
And even that episode had some Awesome story in it.
Just not the Grey 17 part.
crazy.gif

As a contrast, I've now watched 6 episodes of the new "Enterprise". It sucks.
Plot holes you could drive a truck through.
Such lame storytelling that you wish some bad@ss aliens would come along and put the actors out of our misery by blowing up the ship.

The other night: Gee, we've found a new, unexplored planet. Let's go camping. Never mind that there might be diseases, animals that creep around at night eating stupid tourists, flowers with lethal poisons in the blossoms, trees that eat any dog that dares piss on their roots...

Gee, was that crewman just Sniffing a poisonous flower??

When the Bug got in the sleeping bag, I was rooting for the bug.
smile.gif

BTW, did anyone think to check the Weather Report??

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

Such lame storytelling that you wish some bad@ss aliens would come along and put the actors out of our misery by blowing up the ship.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's stick 'em on Ishnu, bakana...

I agree with you on that episode. I was able to see it, and I groaned, moaned, and basically stayed in utter and complete misery the entire hour.

Even I'm not that silly when I go camping. On my own planet.

crazy.gif

Still, though. It has potential. It's only the first season.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back