• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Mr. Morden worked on B5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Várzea

Ok, this may sound a little crazy... but i've just saw the pilot movie and mr. Morden apears near the end of the movie WORKING WITH TAKASHIMA ON THE BRIDGE!!!! Right when Sinclair and Garibaldi were chasing the minbari assassin Morden is helping Takashima hold the station toghether. Please, take a look and correct me if i'm wrong... but i don't think i am.

By the way... where in the series the vorlon replacement for Kosh says his name??? Ulkesh, insn't it?
Bye thanks a lot!

------------------
If you drink wine, you should be able to enjoy the hangover or learn from it, if you can't do that, dont drink wine.

The actor was indeed in the pilot, but it was not the same character. I believe Ed Wasser's character's name in The Gathering was Guerra.

IIRC, JMS liked his performance and got him to return later as Morden.

But it is a cool little detail.
laugh.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

JMS actually re-used the same actors several times at least in the B5 series. He is not playing the same character in the pilot movie.

Most of the time it is harder to tell JMS is using the same actor again, because the actor is in alien make-up. I myself thought for a bit that Mr. Morden started out on B5, but it wouldn't make much sense with his position on the archeological ship.

Anyhow, friend or foe, I enjoyed his performances.

Oh, and I do think Ulkesh is correct for the name of Kosh's replacement.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> By the way... where in the series the vorlon replacement for Kosh says his name??? Ulkesh, insn't it?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was never mentioned in the show. It's just accepted that that's his name.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I think JMS stated in an online post that the second Vorlon's name was Ulkesh, and it's - as far as I remember - also mentioned in the book To Dream in the City of Sorrows. But I don't think it was actually said on the show.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

I'm not for sure on this, but I think the first time "Ulkesh" was used was in Book #9: "To Dream in the City of Sorrows."

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I'm not for sure on this, but I think the first time "Ulkesh" was used was in Book #9: "To Dream in the City of Sorrows." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ulkesh was the Vorlon ambassador to Minbar and appeared in WWE part 1 prior to replacing Kosh, I think.

------------------
"Wild Dog! Why's it taking you so long to get ridda them?"
--
yan@ranger.b5lr.com

Speaking of actors being used more than once, Byron (Robert Atkin Downes) also played a Minbari (Morann) in the B5 episode "Atonement" and in the movie "In the Beginning." It's amazing how many Minbari have accents that sound just like ones on Earth
lol.gif
!

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

What's incredibly amazing is that the phony Robin Downes speaks with the worst fake English accent I've ever heard...

He's from Philadelphia and went to Temple University. A Philly accent is pretty much as far away on the accent scale from an English accent as is possible.

-TimFlip

------------------
"According to the translation, its either an aphrodesiac or a floor wax... I can't decide if its worth the risk." -- Michael Alfredo Garibaldi
www.PhillyMusic.com
www.FluxServe.com

It is correct that Ulkesh was the second Vorlon in War Without End (Kosh was the other).
Ulkesh was Never named in any of the TV episodes. We learned his name from the Book and from JMS online posts where he confirmed that the Vorlon, Ulkesh, from the book was the one who appeared with Kosh in WWE.

I believe you can also see the Encounter suits long enough to verify that they are the same we see Kosh & Ulkesh wearing in the other episodes.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

FlipperPA,

Yes, he did go to Temple University, but he is not originally from Philadelphia. According to Downe's website, Downes was born in the UK, and lived there for 11 years. He moved to Los Angeles when he was 12.

I always thought he had a good British accent.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Speaking of Kosh and Ulkesh and their outfits, makes you wonder...who does the Vorlon's drycleaning?
laugh.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

It is true that JMS uses alot of the same actors but in different roles. My favorite would have to be Wayne Alexander. He played Lorien and Mr. Sebastian in 'Comess the Inquisitor'. I believe I have read somewhere that he has also played a Drazi at some point.

John Vickery played Neroon and he also was Mr. Welles in 'The Fall of Night'.

Louis Turenne played the character of Brother Theo in the third season and he was also the original Draal during the first season.

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.

I agree about Wayne Alexander, he was probably the most widely used character in B5dom. What was great about Wayne was that it was really hard to tell that it what the same actor! Well played...I believe he may have played some ambassadors as well. He gets my vote for B5 MVP. I know there was one other actor who played both Drazi and Brakiri ambassadors (and Narn perhaps as well), because I recognize the voice.

I did not know that about Louis Turenne... I know I was a bit disappointed when John Schuck was brought in to play Draal, as I really liked the original actor... perhaps it was because he was then Bro Theo?

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

They ran into a problem when they needed Draal back for his repeat performances.

The actor was in the middle of another project and was totally unavailable, so they had to use another actor.
The "explanation" is that the Great Machine improved Draal's health so much that he looked like a "new Minbari".
That was why a slightly younger actor was chosen.
It made the explanation something people would "assume" because Draal looked so much as if "living in the Great Machine agreed with him".

I believe that Wayne Alexander holds the record for most different guest roles on B5.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
They ran into a problem when they needed Draal back for his repeat performances.

The actor was in the middle of another project and was totally unavailable, so they had to use another actor.
The "explanation" is that the Great Machine improved Draal's health so much that he looked like a "new Minbari".
That was why a slightly younger actor was chosen.
It made the explanation something people would "assume" because Draal looked so much as if "living in the Great Machine agreed with him".

I believe that Wayne Alexander holds the record for most different guest roles on B5.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bakana,

Even if I were able to notice differences in actors as well as most normal people can, I'd still have been okay with the actor change because of the questions asked about Draal followed by Delenn's explanation in the episode. I'm glad they came out in the open and did that. And I greatly approve of the change, since the new Draal was very obnoxiously cheerful, and that was a wonderful way for the character to behave. The other Draal, who then played Brother Theo, wouldn't have done it as well, I don't think. But he made a PERFECT Brother Theo, who was happily grumpy.

Joe

------------------
All right, fine; you look for them. Me? I'm going down there, and maybe I'll bust some heads, and maybe they'll bust mine, but nobody sells out my people like this. Nobody.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lovegaribaldi:
It is true that JMS uses alot of the same actors but in different roles. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How's this for being prolific?

JONATHAN CHAPMAN

'The Geometry of Shadows'
Green Drazi #2

'Points of Departure'
Ambassador #1

'The Coming of Shadows'
Narn Pilot #2

'There All the Honor Lies'
Minbari #2

'The Long, Twilight Struggle'
Narn Second

'Matters of Honor'
Drazi Pilot

'Severed Dreams'
Religious Minbari

'Interludes and Examinations'
Brakiri

'Shadow Dancing'
Brakiri

'The Summoning'
Ambassador Lethke

'Rumors, Bargains and Lies'
Brakiri Ambassador

'Point of No Return'
Passing Minbari

'Day of the Dead'
Brakiri Ambassador

'A Tragedy of Telepaths'
Brakiri Ambassador

'And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder'
Brakiri Ambassador

I think he was also the Brakiri Ambassador in Racing the Night and Rules of the Game episodes of Crusade.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 17, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I think it was Jonathan Chapman (9 roles in 17 episodes/movies, and that's counting all his Brakiri roles as one role).

Wayne Alexander
6 roles in 13 episodes/movies

'Comes the Inquisitor'
Sebastian

'Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?'
Lorien

'The Summoning'
Lorien

'Falling Toward Apotheosis'
Lorien

'Into the Fire'
Lorien

'And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place'
G'Dan

'The Hour of the Wolf'
Lorien

'Intersections in Real Time'
Drazi

'Movements of Fire and Shadow'
Drakh

'The Fall of Centauri Prime'
Drakh

'The River of Souls'
Soul One

'A Call to Arms'
Drakh

'Sleeping in Light'
Lorien

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Well guys,and girls, of course... thanks a lot!! I never expected to have so many replies!! I'm pleased to see so many people as adicted on B5 as i am!! So, i think i'm going to explore you guys a little bit... does anyone remenber Ivanova's explanation of what was the "hour of the wolf"?

Deeply thankful, MATHEUS (or várzea, if you like.)

------------------
If you drink wine, you should be able to enjoy the hangover or learn from it, if you can't do that, dont drink wine.

Well guys,and girls, of course... thanks a lot!! I never expected to have so many replies!! I'm pleased to see so many people as adicted on B5 as i am!! So, i think i'm going to explore you guys a little bit... does anyone remenber Ivanova's explanation of what was the "hour of the wolf"?

Deeply thankful, MATHEUS (or várzea, if you like.)

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back