• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Most emotional scenes.

Of those which have not been mentioned... the farewell speech Delenn gave upon leaving Babylon 5.

"One of the most difficult words for me was 'goodbye.' There is no corresponding word for 'goodbye' in Minbari. All of our partings contain within them the possibility of meeting again, in other places, in other times, in other lives. So you will excuse me if I do not say goodbye. Our souls are a part of this place, our hopes the foundation of our future, and we will pass this way again."

A touching reminder that to last, everything has to change. That every end contains a new beginning, and every beginning an end. That along with "Sleeping in Light" has a great emotional impact on me. But then, so does any sight of Delenn's smile, especially when she's poking fun at Sheridan or using the "more colorful aspects" of Human languages.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited January 17, 2002).]

I hate you all. You've already mentioned so much!!!! But, there are still some you haven't gotten your paws on yet...

Lorien asking Sheridan if he has anything worth living for, and he says, "Delenn," and we see all those memories. Gets me every time.

Endgame: Sheridan goes to ram the last cannon. That act of sacrifice had damn well better get to people
smile.gif

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

All of the above and the scene in "The Fall of Centauri Prime" . Just before Londo get joined with the keeper. He goes to see G'Kar.

As they part, G'Kar tells him that his people could never forgive his people for what they did to them. But he could forgive Londo.

Gets you where it hurts.

------------------

Hey, came along this site and I'm instantly hooked. This thread I HAD to say something! The most emotional scene for me is Sheridan arming the Whitestar in "Z'Ha'Dum" and the background music that accompanies it. The second most emotional scene are the humans fighting against the Minbari when Londo recalls the B5 story to the children with the views of human flinging themselves w/out fear or hesitation into the face of death itself. The 3rd most emotional scene has to be the destruction of Babylon 5. For a die-hard B5 fan like myself, I actually felt an emptiness. Anyway, just wanted to say my thoughts on this issue.

------------------

All of the above. There are so many others, we could just sit all day and list them. One that hasn't been mentioned is the scene at the end of the episode where all the Markhab are dead and Delenn weeps in Sheridan's arms, and another episode that gets to me is Comes the Inquisitor, especially when Sebastian says they are the right ones, in the right place at the right time.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Excellent point I had forgotten about the inquisitor. It was a truly emotional episode!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

i have to say my most emotional scene was when earth tried to board babylon 5 (severed dreams) and the narn troops just kept running at them each one getting shot , making a grave sacrifice (how wonderfully heroic) but not stopping and showing no fear . Another one has to be the scene in gropos where you see all the dead bodies lying around *unnamed* in some world wich i forget the name .........

regards ,
Simon healy

------------------
"Nothing's the same anymore."
Sinclair, Chrysalis

------------------------visit my website - http://www.babylonfive.co.uk

When Delenn and John bid farewell to each other and when B5 blew up in the end
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

All the ones mentioned were great but who could forget this one (well I guess all of you)

Vir in the elevator when G'kar walks in. Vir than turn and says "I'm sorry."

G'Kar stays silent walks out of the elevator, turns back, pulls out a knife cuts his hand and says "Dead" for every drop of blood that falls to the Ground.

G'Kar: "How can you apologize to them"

Vir: "I can't"

G'Kar: "Than I cannot forgive."

------------------
YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IMMORTALITY!

Ditto all the others before. I think that the scene between Talia and Susan after the "nasty" personality was triggered is very sad. Susan was as close to happy as we ever saw.

Also, when Byron died in "Phoenix Rising." Lyta was in a similar position as Ivanova above. She finally found happiness and acceptance and loses the man she loved.

------------------
"I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain."
-Lily Tomlin

Probably the scene that had the most impact on me was one that gave me chills. It was the offering of false hope, only to shred the hope with two mere words - Elric, to Londo: "Your victims."

To this day, that scene sends a chill down my spine. The sense of authority of Elric and the hopefulness of Londo, and finally, Elric's powerful voice, almost as the voice of God speaking from the heaven with a pronouncement of judgement.

While it isn't the heart-grabbing type of sentimental emotional impact that you all seem to be discussing, it is still a heavy emotional-impact scene.

Joe

------------------

There are more than I'm going to list, but these are the scenes that really stick out.

1. Marcus and Susan on B5 after they destroy the Omega X destroyers. (Shadow/EDF) Namely the part when Marcus tells Susan he loves her then dies.

2. Ending of Deconstruction of Falling Stars.
For some reason seeing that much of an advancement in humans really gets to me. After ~1,000,000 years the humans are at the same point the Vorlons and Shadows are with organic ships, energy based life, and they destroy Earth.

3. Londo becomming emperor is there but I'd have to see the episode again.

4. When we see Sinclair get out of the crysilis and say "My name is Vaelen."

5. The episode when Sheridan asks a Ranger captain to make sure the Shadows get a plant of information.

6. When Lorien is talking to Sheridan during the jump scene saying "Having something to die for is easy..Do you have anything worth living for?"

7. The episode that Kosh dies and the dialog between him and Sheridan in the dream.

8. Whatching Sebastion torture Sheridan and Delenn for their reactions..Then telling them they're the right people at the right place at the right time. (BTW Was his original person supposed to be Jack the Ripper he said something about his name being Jack! as he was leaving."

------------------

I agree with every scene mentioned, but one of my favorite, for shear emotion, is when Londo finds out that it was not Refa that had Lady Adiera poisoned, but Mordon. The scene following always makes the hair on the back of my head (what little there is) stand up! That whole episode and season contained many such moments, but that one always stands out for me, because of Peter's superb acting ability. Coupled with Vir's reaction at seeing Morden's head on a pike (I love it when JMS sets those things up!).
smile.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Talathanar:

2. Ending of Deconstruction of Falling Stars.
For some reason seeing that much of an advancement in humans really gets to me. After ~1,000,000 years the humans are at the same point the Vorlons and Shadows are with organic ships, energy based life, and they destroy Earth.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't destroy earth. The Sun dies out.

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A_Ranger:
They don't destroy earth. The Sun dies out.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sun wouldn't 'die out' in just a million years. Go to the Lurkers Guide and check out 'JMS Speaks' for that Episode. He makes comments as to the fact that we (the humans) caused that supernova artificially.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

One scene that touched me also, aside from those mentioned, is Sheridan's recorded message to Delenn, telling her he went to Z'ha'dum, and her reaction to it.

------------------
If I tell you my name is Lorien, what good is that?

(Whatever happened to Mr. Garibaldi?)

Recoil, I just checked the Lurker's Guide and I and I see sugestions that can lead to either interpretation (spelling?) I can see where them blowing the sun intentionally when they leave for the rim can be a good idea.

------------------

Well after reading through this thread, every single point I could think to include has already been mentioned so I won't repeat them (Sleeping in Light gets my vote for tear-jerker #1 though).

One thing I'd like to note however, is how there are so many scenes that people thought were so emotional and brought many of us to tears. How many other Sci-Fi shows or movies can we say that about? Star Trek? Okay maybe at the end of Wrath of Khan when Spock dies but there are very few other moments(anyone cry when Voyager made it home? lol), while B5 was just chock full of them. I think more than anything else, that's a fitting tribute to JMS's story, that it could bring so many people to tears in a genre that usually doesn't see much in the way of genuine emotion.

------------------
Proud B5 fanatic and member of the [ReM]Counter-Strike clan.

well, some of the most emotional scenes for me were when Susan discovered that Marcus had used the alien healing device on her, the part where all the Markabs died in "Confessions and Lamentations", and of course, "Sleeping in Light".

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

Back