• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Most emotional scenes.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The show has had a few very powerful, emotional scenes, hasn't it? What do you think were the most effective ones?
My favorite is the president's speech in "In The Biginning." I have seen it four times, and it still is very effective. The montage of battle scenes directly before this is also very sad.
The destruction of the station is a close second.
I think Londo's rage-filled outburst after he finds out that he has been tricked by Morden in "Into the Fire" is also very well done.

------------------

The bombardment of Narn and G'Kar's speech in The Long, Twilight Struggle. I was horrified at the first one, and in awe at the second one.

Londo becoming Emperor in The Fall of Centauri Prime - and the scenes leading up to that - was the one thing in the whole series that always brings tears to my eyes, though.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Hopeless romantic coming in here! the way JMS uses the powerful force of love amidst the darkness. I forget which episode it is but there is a full scale battle between Sheridan and the shadows. They win but at a dreadful cost. Deenn and sheridan silently embrace. Man, words just aren't enough.
Another scene that I found quite moving was Neroons death. Arrogant, proud and finally a firm believer in everything that Delenn stood for and represented. Making the ultimate sacrafice in order for the greater good to continue.
smile.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

In The Begining, every time - Londo's speach (starting with the "it will be so hard.." bit), and the president's speach before the battle of the line. Honestly here, how many people don't get choked up by that?

well i'm normally a pretty hard-hearted 'nothing gets me' kinda guy...

...but i am incapable of watching the end of SiL without a lump in my throat at the very least... its probably a culmination of the whole episode but when *that* tech switches out the light and then the station dies...

gets me every time...

*sob*

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xqc_mathias:
Honestly here, how many people don't get choked up by that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't. But then, I am a heartless bitch.
blush.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

I can't even listen to the music from SiL, without getting a knot in my stomach.

I agree with Kribu about The Fall of Centauri Prime as being very powerful. Londo, the former party animal so totally alone at the top....cuts deep.

Also the scene, Kribu probably know from which EP....where G'Kar breaks down after Sheridan & Delenn offer the only aid available to the Narn that will save a just small amout of lives. That tiny scene always kicks me in the gut....

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Sleeping in Light:

Sheridan: "Goodnight my love, the brightest star in my sky."

Delenn: "Goodnight,you are my sun and my moon."

(May have been slightly off in the transcription.)

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."

There's so many! But one that comes to mind right now is the scene between Bester and Garibaldi on Mars in Season 4 -- where Bester is gloating about how he messed with Garibaldi's mind, and through this mind messing, caused Garibaldi to betray Sheidan, the ISA, and William Edgars.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlarnChef:
Also the scene, Kribu probably know from which EP....where G'Kar breaks down after Sheridan & Delenn offer the only aid available to the Narn that will save a just small amout of lives. That tiny scene always kicks me in the gut....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Acts of Sacrifice? Yeah. That was a painful one as well.
frown.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Sleeping in Light:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That really gets me too. I can't say that I am a huge romantic, but I definitely consider myself emotionally sensitive. It really gets me as well when they did that overhead shot of Delenn in bed by herself, switching to another scene, then the same overhead shot but with Delenn rolling over and clutching Sheridan's pillow. This means something to me because my wife says that she does the same thing when I am off in the RAAF. She say's that she can detect my scent on it and it helps her deal with her loneliness in some way, sort of like if I was still there or something. I also have difficulty with the Delenn/sunrise scene when she reaches out. The background music is absolutely fantastic. CF was in touch with this episode when he composed the music. A++.

------------------
"To live is to risk"
Lenonn - ItB

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Natron:
Sleeping in Light:

(May have been slightly off in the transcription.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with this one 100%.
While this one is at the top of my list there are a few others. One I was just reminded of since I'm playing mp3s of season 3- Severed Dreams - the part where the narns are falling in slow motion. Just hearing that music gives me goose bumps every time.

------------------
"We Centauri live our lives for appearances. Position, status, title; these are the things by which we define ourselves. But when I look beneath the mask I am forced to wear, I see only emptiness. And then I think of you. And I say to hell with appearances." - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

There were lots.

One that wasn't mentioned above was in 'Rising Star' at the begining where Ivonova is in Medlab in tears talking to Dr Franklin. Realizing, after its too late on all she missed out on, and what she should have done. Claudia did an EXCELLENT acting job there. In the background of this whole scene is

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> Marcus on the bed with a sheet over him </font></td></tr></table>

like a grim reminder.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I think we all agree these 2 episodes were the best, if not 2 of the best, in terms of acting, CGI and script.

Sleeping in Light: The death of Sheridan. Every scene invokes a tear. Even Vir playing the fool with 2 women and suddenly realizes what the Ranger brings.

The Long Twilight Struggle: The death of the Narn fleet, the bombardment of Narn, the ousting of G'Kar and his desperate speech.

These 2 were my personal favourites though I like Twiligh struggle because of the cool shadow vs narn fleet. Sleeping in Light..... enough said. We've already debated too much about Sleeping In Light anyway.

Other great scenes would be as follows:

In the Beginning: Narration of Londo about Human valour.

The humans I think, knew they were doomed. But where another race would surrender to despair, the humans fought back with eeven greater strength. The made the Minbari fight, for every inch of space. In my life, I've never seen anything like that. They would weep, they would pray, they would say goodbye to their loved ones and then throw themselves at the very face of death itself never surrendering.

No one, who saw them fighting against the inevitable, could help but be moved to tears by their courage. Their stubborn nobility.

When they ran out of ships, they used guns. And when they ran out guns, they used knives, sticks and bare hands. I only hope, that when it is my time, I would die with, half as much dignity as I saw they're eyes at the end. They did this, for 2 years, they never ran out of courage.

But in the end, they ran out of time.

Definitely an emotional heartbreaker.

Zha'Dum for some reason never really made me sad. More like stunned but nothing heartbreaking.

Oh my God, I'm missing the one of the most heart breaking episodes. INTERLUDES AND EXAMINATIONS, THE DEATH OF KOSH!!!

Kosh's final battle, in the midst of apearing as John's dad, nearly broke my heart, to see my favourite alien die.

------------------
May the light of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha protect you.

May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

I always get choked up when Londo blows up the island with the Shadows on it. Those poor, poor Shadows...
frown.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
I always get choked up when Londo blows up the island with the Shadows on it. Those poor, poor Shadows...
frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, I would have thought you would have shed a tear when Vir kills Emperor Cartagia
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

As many of you have said, "Sleeping in Light" is very emotional. Seeing Babylon 5 destroyed, Sheridan dying, and the sad music that was played throught the episode. Very emotional. Also, "Objects at Rest" is emotional. Having Sheridan soluting B5, and that sad music again, just gets me.

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

My first post.
smile.gif

My favorite scene, definitely the most stirring, is G'Kar's speech in the council chambers in TLTS. "No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years... we will be free!" Applause follows... in my living room, of course.

The SiL scenes are, of course, very emotional. The destruction of the station, the last scene between Sheridan and Delenn. Also, the scene in Objects at Rest, as the White Star pulls away from the station... Sheridan looks back at the station and the new crew, he and Lochley salute... the awesome SiL music plays.

The last Ivanova/Marcus scenes. Marcus finally says "I love you" as he fades away over Ivanova's body. The following scene, between Ivanova and Franklin, in "Rising Star."

The deaths of the Narn security officers as they throw themselves into hostile fire, sacrificing themselves for the station in "Severed Dreams."

Delenn watches Sheridan's last transmission as he plummets to his death on Z'Ha'Dum.

Just a whole bunch of scenes near the end of the series. G'Kar's departure is very emotional... the last scene between him and Sheridan where he states that a piece of the crew will remain a behind, and they will take a piece of the station with them. The last scene in "Objects in Motion," when Garibaldi gets all choked up as he says goodbye to Sheridan and Delenn. Londo sitting in silence in the Centauri palace throne room. Sheridan's recording for David at the end of "Objects at Rest."

A million other scenes, too many to mention here...

------------------
"We are all Kosh"

The only emotional scenes I can think of is one whole episode that is Sleeping in light I cry the whole way through.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back