• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Marcus is in cryo for 300 years

Well, if B5LR takes off and they make a series of it perhaps they could have some lovely flashback episodes, or prequel episodes or something. Maybe a prequel movie. Maybe a whole movie devoted just to Marcus' history...
smile.gif

Hey, we can live in hope can't we?

------------------
Are those your gunports open out of respect, or are you just happy to see me?

Well, all the Rangers join the Anla'shok for the wrong reasons! *L* Marcus, Lennier, a few others whose names I don't remember. Its ironic that way.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ivanova:
Well, all the Rangers join the Anla'shok for the wrong reasons! *L* Marcus, Lennier, a few others whose names I don't remember. Its ironic that way.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I will agree that the main 2 rangers we got to know Marcus and Lennier did join for the wrong reasons.

But that doesn;t mean all Rangers join/ed for the wrong reasons.

You Ivanova are just biased towards marcus
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I realize this is way up there, but where did you all hear about Lennier dying shortly after B5? I figured from SiL that he was still 'missing' after he left. Was it ever established anywhere that he did die or is this merely heresay and conjecture?

Any insight?

------------------

This is my first post (if I got the password right) but I wanted to get in on the Marcus situation.

Of course, we know now that the mystery person is G'Kar so it no longer matters who others want to see, but I for one don't want to see Marcus revived. Nobody seems to realize that he went AWOL in the middle of a battle, and stole a starship too. If he had lived he would have faced a court martial and probably been drummed out of the Rangers.

We know from the LotR story so far that the hero faces a court martial for just retreating rather than have his crew killed. The Rangers don't like that sort of behavior!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
I realize this is way up there, but where did you all hear about Lennier dying shortly after B5? I figured from SiL that he was still 'missing' after he left. Was it ever established anywhere that he did die or is this merely heresay and conjecture?

Any insight?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. From the Crusade bible --

"Lennier, former aide to Delenn, is deceased, killed in action during the telepath crisis of 2265." "Lyta Alexander, who helped create a force to bring down the Psi Corps, was also killed in action during the telepath crisis." -- JMS

JMS has also said in the newsgroup that Lyta and Lennier are both dead before the Rangers movie.

And let me just take a stand here about the whole Marcus issue.

Marcus is DEAD. He is not coming back, unless there is a flashback. JMS wrote "Space, Time..." as a good-bye for the character. All the petitions in the world will do no good once JMS has made up his mind. It's pointless to try and argue this point, or to get JMS to change his mind. To paraphrase JMS, "Folks, it ain't gonna happen."

It amazes me every time I see something like this. It's hard enough to get a series on the air, and now people aren't happy with that, they want more, more, more. Who would have thought in season 1 or 2 that there would even BE a Marcus Cole? Please, just trust JMS's judgement. There's going to be a series, and it's going to be great. Faith manages.

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

Cool,

Where can one find this Crusade Bible and his 'short story' called Space, Time, and _____ whatever? I see people talking about them but have never heard or seen anything as to where to get them.

Thanks.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
Cool,

Where can one find this Crusade Bible and his 'short story' called Space, Time, and _____ whatever? I see people talking about them but have never heard or seen anything as to where to get them.

Thanks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got good news and bad news, kinda sorta. The good news first - just leave a message for Deviot. He's my contact here, and will send you the stories you are missing, as well as any of the missing Crusade scripts; just send him your email address and you're fine.

Now the bad news ... There were 100 total copies of the Crusade bible made available to the public, via thestation.com ... I have #9
smile.gif
signed by JMS and Sandy Bruckner and Carrie Dobro and Marjean Holden. GOOD luck getting a copy. They sold out right away, and were never reprinted. I saw one on eBay not long ago for about $250.00 - and it wasn't signed by anyone but JMS.

Chances are, you won't be able to get an original, but you may be able to find someone willing to make a copy of it. The text of the bible IS available in the B5/Crusade section of http://www.about.com if you wanna read it online.

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

Poor Ivanova

She never really gets over loosing Marcus. And when Marcus is defrosted will he ever get over Ivanova?

------------------
IHHBHG
Live Well.
WhiteStar12

WhiteStar...How could u get over someone who u sacrificed your life to save?...Imagine awaking to a world which they were no longer a part of!!...On second thoughts... leave Marcus on ice!!!...don't think I could watch the sadness in his eyes...sob!!! excuse me a moment...Where r those darn tissues?? No I am not crying...I just have something in my eye!!!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WhiteStar12:
Poor Ivanova

She never really gets over loosing Marcus. And when Marcus is defrosted will he ever get over Ivanova?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S

p

o

i

l

e

r

Well Marcus never gave himself the chance to get over Ivonava instead he basically got somone to rebuild her.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited April 29, 2001).]

The only reasonable way Lennier could make it in the show is if he meets with the ship while he's trying to prove himself to Delenn, then he could get entangled with the crew and decide that this is how he will regain Delenn's trust.

Those are just some ideas.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The only reasonable way Lennier could make it in the show is if he meets with the ship while he's trying to prove himself to Delenn<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All indications are that Lennier is already dead by the time the pilot film takes place. He dies right around the end of the Teep War, and the TV movie takes place after that. Apart from the off-chance of his dying on-screen during the pilot there was never much chance of our seeing Lennier in Rangers. (And since G'Kar has been announced as the "fan favorite" who will appear in the movie, even that slim hope is now gone.)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Maybe Lennier was playing dead? Or He went to the Well of Forever, and since it's forever he wouldn't age. They think he's dead but comes back.
Maybe he says he left to prove himself, then came back saying he was reborn, in the spiritual way.
That could work. And he'd still be relitivly younge because Delenn mention meeting him when he was in his teen-ish times.

It feels like my mind went through a washer with starch.

------------------

*feedback* *click* *static*

Paging the Narn Bat Squad. Narn Bat Squad you are needed in the "Marcus is in cyro for 300 years" thread. Narn Bat Squad, please come to the "Marcus is in cryo" thread. Thank you.

*static* *click*

Uh oh. Some body's going to beat me. Arn't they?

nah lets get a thread going about what shows spaceships can beat each other, then i may track you down and pray for you
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
*feedback* *click* *static*

Paging the Narn Bat Squad. Narn Bat Squad you are needed in the "Marcus is in cyro for 300 years" thread. Narn Bat Squad, please come to the "Marcus is in cryo" thread. Thank you.

*static* *click*

Don't stop here, this is Narn Bat Country !

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:

Well Marcus never gave himself the chance to get over Ivonava instead he basically got somone to rebuild her.

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm seeing Lee Majors in an ugly jump suit right about now (-we can rebuild him-)
laugh.gif

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back