• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lyta & Garibaldi in teep war (spoilers)

To those people who don't think mundanes are involved with the teep war:

Nobody is arguing that the mundanes won't be involved. We're arguing that the predicted Teep War (which Delenn refers to in the past tense) is the one of 2264-65 and has nothing to do with the Great Burn. We know that the Teep War was not strictly between Psi Corps and the Rogues, because there is no way it could have been kept to that. Precisely because Teeps don't have a homeworld or independent colonies, they live among mundanes. Any open warfare between factions of teeps was going to involve mundanes, if only as "collateral damage". (One of Bester's problem with Byron is that he saw a Teep homeworld as a way of putting all Human Teeps in one place where the "mundanes" could more easily wipe them out.)

Both the short stories and the last volume of the Teep Trilogy make it apparent that the IA does intervene in the war. (It is one of the things Bester blames Sheridan for in his old age.) So that is a fact of the B5 universe. (Unlike fanciful attempts to tie the Great Burn to the Teep War based on - well, nothing.)

Although it maybe just a crisis.

"They call this a 'police action', like we're over here arresting people. From where I sit, this is a war" - Max Klinger, interviewed somewhere in Korea

They refer to the war as a "crisis" for the same reason that the U.N. called the Korean War a "police action". People who had just been through one war, and were less than a generation removed from another (WWI/WWII in the real world Minbari/Earth Civil War in the series) probably didn't realy feel like adding another to their resume. Bester mocks the usage later. We firt encounter it in the on-screen intro to A Call to Arms

Regards,

Joe

I always assumed it was a mundane vs teep war, with the mundanes fighting on the side of the rogue telepaths, because I never thought there were enough rogues to actually constitute a serious threat to psi-corps. Terrorist acts and guerilla attacks, but a direct attack... Then again, wasn't Garibaldi funding an army for Lyta while she was away for 2 years?

Nancy you replied to Sleepy_Shadow who was talking about the Great Burn War which is 500 years after the Lyta v Psi Corps War/Crisis. Is this the War you meant?

Sorry about that, I was replying to Bester. I meant the Teep War that happened right before Crusade involving Lyta and Garibaldi.

We're arguing that the predicted Teep War (which Delenn refers to in the past tense) is the one of 2264-65 and has nothing to do with the Great Burn.

Why even bother arguing about that? Seems pretty cleer to me. I don't even care about speculations as absurd as that, I just ignore them. :)

posted by GaribaldisHair:
Yes, I really think JMS would do that.

Well, we will just have to wait and see. At least we know from the short stories that Psi Corps was at war with the rogue telepaths. We also know they wanted a war with humans, but maybe they never fully got around to it.

In the case of the Teep War, the war does happen but not in the way heavily expected.

That we agree on.

Back