• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LotR trailer in Canda

Jomar

Beyond the rim
They showed the Rangers' trailer on the Canadian TLC channel last night. Does that mean the movie will be shown on one of the Canadian networks? I hope, I hope
smile.gif

I must say it caught me so by surprise that I almost missed it. I usually sleep through ads
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Is Cannuck TLC different from the American one? It may be scifi bought commercial time during a program run on both branches and the Cannadian time was part of the package.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

The US and Canadian TLC are one and the same, and we get mainly US ads, with the occasional local one. I run to the television whenever the ad appears, only to be sad when it ends, due to not knowing when/if it'll be shown here.
mad.gif

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

Thanks for the info about TLC. Yes you can get the scifi channel by satelite if you have one pointed in the right direction. I have a friend who can tape it for me so I'll pass the request along when the time comes.
However I would much rather watch it on my own tv
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

One wonders. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Can any Canadians get SciFi from the same direct satelites we in the US do? If so, that could be the reason.

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

You can watch it in Canada by satellite? Great! I bet a lot of Canadian B5 fans will be wanting to watch your tape recorded off the satellite!
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

I was just over at the City home page and as of
December 10th they were still negotiating to get the show. No news since then.
If they had it I would have thought we would have seen something on one of their stations by now, there is only a couple of weeks before it airs in the states.
Of course there is nothing to say that they have to run it at the same time, but they were enough people talking about it on their message
board for them to realise that there is an audience for it here.

------------------
"No boom to-day, boom tomorrow.
There is always a boom tomorrow."

Since the show is being Filmed in Canada, there would seem to be a bit of an incentive for Canadian TV to Want to air it.

The only stumbling block I can see is possible contractual conflicts between SciFi and Warner.

SciFi/USA may have an exclusive on First Run rights.
That could force Canadian outlets to wait until that excluive runs out.
Which could be just a couple weeks if it's a Per Episode thing.
A year if it's per Season.
5 Years if it's an entire run.

I'd bet on a short time frame, if there is any "exclusive".
With the networks already doing things like sharing Law & Ordure with a cable channel running only 3 days behind, I'd bet that we see a Lot of multiple outlet programming going on.

Or, it might not be an exclusive at all, just a Money Matter.

Canadian stations may be waiting for rating numbers too.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back