• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

One gold star to Alluveal. Ben did indeed survive. And now Rich Halpert is going to save him and destroy his "innocence." Eep.

Eventually, Jack is going to regret not saving the kid's life himself.

Loved Hurley and Miles having the same conversation every viewer was having while watching the show. Heck, I loved the whole episode.

Didn't quite get the very last cliff-hanger moment w/ Locke. Is that supposed to be a time frame we're already familiar w/, or is this a brand new piece of the puzzle?

I said to my wife, "I think they're having this conversation for your benefit".
Locke and Ben are exactly where we left them a few weeks ago with Locke resurrected and Ben finally awakening from that oar to the head. I thought the whole "he won't remember this" and " his innocence will be lost" were both rather contrived plot hole filling side effects to Alpert's treatment. It explains Ben's statement that he was born on the island. One thing I find confusing about Alpert is that we've always seen him clean cut except for the one time he first met Ben where he was disheveled and barefoot with long hair. Last night, in the same time frame, he was still clean cut. Are these guys already utilizing disguises? I'm still trying to get a handle on Dharma and the Others and hope things are explained well enough in the end. I'm trying to put this in context with Radzinsky and Kelvin who were still in the hatch pushing the button in 2004, why they were wearing the hazard suits, and what Alpert and his pals are doing in the woods.

Goes back to one thing that annoys me most about TV and Movies in this situation. When someone shoots somebody....nobody checks a fucking pulse. Or puts an extra round in his head right between the eyes to make sure. No, instead they shoot once, assume death and run off all distraught only to pay the price later.

*sigh*

Yeah but that's one of those "Eiffel Tower in every window in Paris" or "You don't hear the chopper till you see the chopper" things that you get in film and television.:devil:

I'm still trying to get a handle on Dharma and the Others and hope things are explained well enough in the end. I'm trying to put this in context with Radzinsky and Kelvin who were still in the hatch pushing the button in 2004, why they were wearing the hazard suits, and what Alpert and his pals are doing in the woods.

Nah, Kelvin was by himself for awhile, and Desmond spent 3 years in the Swan (at least a year by himself, if not 2) so, Radzinsky was there no later than 2001 (More likely no later than 200), and Kelvin, no later than 2002/2003

Nah, Kelvin was by himself for awhile, and Desmond spent 3 years in the Swan (at least a year by himself, if not 2) so, Radzinsky was there no later than 2001 (More likely no later than 200), and Kelvin, no later than 2002/2003

Thanks for neatening up my facts, but still the Purge was supposed to be around 1992 so Radzinsky was in the hatch almost 30 years after the events of 1973 and nearly 10 years after the Dharma Initiative was laid to rest. I wonder if Radzinsky believed that the Purge was actually an accident at The Flame station, which would explain the hazard suits - but then again Kelvin knew there was no danger outside, so I'm baffled again.

I must admit, I have yet to feel a cohesive sense of structure to Dharma. Now that we're actually seeing Dharma in its heyday, their activities seem more aimless than ever - all they're doing is fixing cars and mopping floors. This is a place where you can pretend to be a member with a mere changing of the list. These people, even Roger, seem to be on the island indefinitely. Are they being paid? Are there other incentives? Why would Roger, who was so pissed at being designated a workman, continue in that capacity rather than hopping on the next submarine off the island? I have many questions. It's one thing to see these characters do these things, but I'm hoping their actions will ring true in the end.

Last edited:
Thanks for neatening up my facts, but still the Purge was supposed to be around 1992 so Radzinsky was in the hatch almost 30 years after the events of 1973 and nearly 10 years after the Dharma Initiative was laid to rest. I wonder if Radzinsky believed that the Purge was actually an accident at The Flame station, which would explain the hazard suits - but then again Kelvin knew there was no danger outside, so I'm baffled again.

I must admit, I have yet to feel a cohesive sense of structure to Dharma. Now that we're actually seeing Dharma in its heyday, their activities seem more aimless than ever - all they're doing is fixing cars and mopping floors. This is a place where you can pretend to be a member with a mere changing of the list. These people, even Roger, seem to be on the island indefinitely. Are they being paid? Are there other incentives? Why would Roger, who was so pissed at being designated a workman, continue in that capacity rather than hopping on the next submarine off the island? I have many questions. It's one thing to see these characters do these things, but I'm hoping their actions will ring true in the end.

Well, the Purge doesn't happen for another 10 years at least (Ben is an adult played by the same actor as adult Ben when he kills Roger, and Dharma is purged. What happened in 1973? We're in 1977 now.

Well, the Purge doesn't happen for another 10 years at least (Ben is an adult played by the same actor as adult Ben when he kills Roger, and Dharma is purged. What happened in 1973? We're in 1977 now.

I wasn't accounting for the time Sawyer and crew were there. It was 1973 or 1974 when they arrived.

Just saw this one. Yea Miles and Hurley's dialogue was priceless. Like a couple of nerdy fans discussing the show. "How does he not remember being shot by Sayid?" "Huh, I didn't think of that"

(of course now we know because of the whole temple/smokey/loss of memory and innocence thing)

I liked seeing Kate's reason for going back. And I still like Sawyer way better now as head of security in his leadership role. This has been a welcome change this season.

Yeah I can't think of a better single plot point in recent TV history than putting Sawyer in charge. It both gives the show's action new life and makes a character they seemed to forget about (who I never even liked so much) important.

(of course now we know because of the whole temple/smokey/loss of memory and innocence thing)

Temple? Smokey? I don't know what you're talking about- kindly refresh my memory.

Yeah I can't think of a better single plot point in recent TV history than putting Sawyer in charge. It both gives the show's action new life and makes a character they seemed to forget about (who I never even liked so much) important.

Temple? Smokey? I don't know what you're talking about- kindly refresh my memory.

Richard took Ben to the famed "Temple" to repair his gun shot wound, in the closing shot of the episode. I don't think we know Smokey will be involved (do we?) but, I too am on board with the belief that Smokey will indeed be involved, if not Smokey than Jacob or island mysticysm

Didn't we see smokey coming out of that temple at some point? Or dragging people into it? That's the only reason I think it is involved to some degree. For sure thats the temple where Rosseau's ship mates went in (I think it was one of their buddies who was being dragged there by smokey) and came out "different/changed/sick".

That was earlier this season so I think thats the tie in.

Also, irony that it turns out that Sayid is the one who ends up turning Ben into who he is.

Didn't we see smokey coming out of that temple at some point? Or dragging people into it? That's the only reason I think it is involved to some degree. For sure thats the temple where Rosseau's ship mates went in (I think it was one of their buddies who was being dragged there by smokey) and came out "different/changed/sick".

Also, irony that it turns out that Sayid is the one who ends up turning Ben into who he is.

Even more ironic is that Jack, with his inaction, is responsible too.

Finally watched it! Ahh!

One gold star to Alluveal. Ben did indeed survive. And now Rich Halpert is going to save him and destroy his "innocence." Eep.

I thought for sure Jack would save him. Jack's choice not to could be what inevitably fracks Ben up. This whole "lose his innocence" is frightening to me. I am happy to see that next week's episode is a Ben episode. I hope it reveals a lot. Ben saying that he "broke the rules" and will be judged. Hmmm!

Eventually, Jack is going to regret not saving the kid's life himself.

Darn skippy he will. In a hard way.

Loved Hurley and Miles having the same conversation every viewer was having while watching the show. Heck, I loved the whole episode.

I was laughing my butt off at that. Though, did you find it convenient that Hurley asked Miles, "so wouldn't Ben remember Sayid?" And when Kate/Sawyer took young Ben to Richard, Richard said, "he'll forget all of this...." Pfft. That felt like someone trying to tie up a funky loose end, in a non-creative way.

Didn't quite get the very last cliff-hanger moment w/ Locke. Is that supposed to be a time frame we're already familiar w/, or is this a brand new piece of the puzzle?

Well, Ben killed Locke. Now Locke is alive on the island. I'm not sure Ben was expecting that.

One thing I find confusing about Alpert is that we've always seen him clean cut except for the one time he first met Ben where he was disheveled and barefoot with long hair. Last night, in the same time frame, he was still clean cut. Are these guys already utilizing disguises? I'm still trying to get a handle on Dharma and the Others and hope things are explained well enough in the end. I'm trying to put this in context with Radzinsky and Kelvin who were still in the hatch pushing the button in 2004, why they were wearing the hazard suits, and what Alpert and his pals are doing in the woods.

I think Alpert was using a disguise when he first met Ben. Not sure why.

As for the Hatch and the hazmat suits, I have been waiting for some kind of info on that. I may relay that question to my Lost uber-nerd friend and see what he has to say. That's a hole I'm coming up empty on.

Just saw this one. Yea Miles and Hurley's dialogue was priceless. Like a couple of nerdy fans discussing the show. "How does he not remember being shot by Sayid?" "Huh, I didn't think of that"

I liked seeing Kate's reason for going back. And I still like Sawyer way better now as head of security in his leadership role. This has been a welcome change this season.

Yes on all of this. For a while, I thought Kate was going to leave Aaron with Clementine's mother (I can't remember her name and I should--I like that character.)

I'm also wondering where smokey will be in all of this.

**sorry for all the separate posts. It just helps me keep things clear!

This week's episode kicked ass too. I love a good Ben episode. I think he is my favorite character on the show. Not because I love the kind of person he is, but he is by far the most fun to watch.

He lies so often and SO WELL. This episode really highlighted just how good he is at it, and how often he does it. Frankly, what is amazing about the actor, is that you really CAN'T tell when he is lying, even when he says two completely contradictory things.

I also loved when he took the guys shotgun and just blew him away point blank. Classic Ben moment. "Looking for this" Most shows would stop there and the guy would back down and back away. But in Ben's case that line was followed by a quick "BLAM!" and the guy flew back about 10 feet. Just awesome!

It was also interesting seeing inside Smokey's temple and where he comes out of. That engraving above him did seem to show Rah (I think anyway, not totally up on my Egyptian Gods) and what appeared to be Smokey in front of him somehow. Not sure what that all meant...need to check up on that somewhere. But very cool.

Also interesting on how he made him even feel more guilty about Alex's death, and then made her reappear to tell him to follow Locke.

Another interesting side note. What was with that one chick who asked Lapidus "What is in the statues shadow" or something? Is she like part of some secret society that knows stuff about the island? That was pretty odd....

All in all, another good episode.

This week's episode kicked ass too. I love a good Ben episode. I think he is my favorite character on the show. Not because I love the kind of person he is, but he is by far the most fun to watch.

He lies so often and SO WELL. This episode really highlighted just how good he is at it, and how often he does it. Frankly, what is amazing about the actor, is that you really CAN'T tell when he is lying, even when he says two completely contradictory things.

I also loved when he took the guys shotgun and just blew him away point blank. Classic Ben moment. "Looking for this" Most shows would stop there and the guy would back down and back away. But in Ben's case that line was followed by a quick "BLAM!" and the guy flew back about 10 feet. Just awesome!

It was also interesting seeing inside Smokey's temple and where he comes out of. That engraving above him did seem to show Rah (I think anyway, not totally up on my Egyptian Gods) and what appeared to be Smokey in front of him somehow. Not sure what that all meant...need to check up on that somewhere. But very cool.

Also interesting on how he made him even feel more guilty about Alex's death, and then made her reappear to tell him to follow Locke.

Another interesting side note. What was with that one chick who asked Lapidus "What is in the statues shadow" or something? Is she like part of some secret society that knows stuff about the island? That was pretty odd....

I suspect Illiana is "more Widmore folk", she was pursuing Sayid for an unknown client. Ben was pulling Sayid's strings, so could Widmore be far behind? Afterall, through all of S4 and S5 when Locke was being created as leader (and perhaps sooner) was Ben far behind?

I've heard that Smokey (heiroglyph tornado?) and the Egyptian God was Anubis. People now think Anubis and Smokey were buds or partners. I need to revisit that scene to see the 'glyphs for myself.

Last edited:

I absolutely agree. Ben is awesome. Now that he has to answer to Locke, things should get very interesting.

I dunno about Egyptian things. It almost looked like Set to me, or Anubis. But it was really cool.

Yea WTF is up with that? Maybe they're Whidmore's people.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back