• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Loriens ship

Lorien

perhaps the ship in question is Loriens ship. I dont recall seeing the ship in B5 before. Its also possible that it was left on B5 after all the first ones left for the rim. Lorien was on the whitestar at the time.

------------------
"I hate it when you do that"

"Good"

Good point.

I think it's possible, but wouldn't be wrong of Lorien's part to give a powerfull ship to the younger races? Even for the "good ones".

Remember what happened with Shadowtech left behind.

------------------
Understanding is a three edged sword.

[This message has been edited by Vorlon (edited June 16, 2001).]

How do we know that loriens ship is so powerfull. Based on other races reactions to Lorien. They wouldnt think of harming him because he is so ancient. This could mean that Lorien wouldnt need weapons that were too powerfull.

------------------
"I hate it when you do that"

"Good"

"perhaps the ship in question is Loriens ship"

I said the same thing in another post....
Still speculation of course, but I've always wondered what happened to it and if we'd see it again, Rangers "could" be as good a chance as any I suppose....

------------------
"Faith Manages"

Actually, I thought we did see the outside of Lorien's ship in "The Summoning." Another odd thing about that is that we never know what happened to Lorien's ship. When the Vorlons, Shadows and other first one's left with Lorien, it looked as though he left right from the same ship that Delenn and Sheridan were on -- which means that his ship was still at B5 somewhere. But, of course, we never saw the inside of Lorien's ship.

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and lived to tell about it." —— Sideshow Bob discusses Bart and Lisa with his supporters.

Of course, given Lorien's apparent powers, he may not have had a ship - he may have been that ship.
smile.gif

It may have been little more than an illusion he used to hide the fact that he was "carrying" Sheridan back to B5. Once he had no further use for it, it may have vanished.

But I seriously doubt that he would have left it lying around for the kids to play with, even if it were crude by his own standards. Nor do I think it is the Liandra which I believe is identified as being around 20 years old. Lorien's ship was either whipped up on the spur of the moment in 2261 or it's one heck of a lot older than 20 years.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

P.S.

For that matter, whatever became of the shuttle that Anna Sheridan used to board B5?
smile.gif

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Joe, you're not supposed to ask questions. You're the guy who answers them.
cool.gif

So tell us, please, what did happen to Anna's ship?

Oh, BTW I agree that Lorien never had a ship, it was just a mirage and disappeared when no one was looking.
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Lorien's ship was either whipped up on the spur of the moment in 2261 or it's one heck of a lot older than 20 years.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My impresion of Lorien's ship when we saw it was that it had something of the same sort of look an old VW Van gets after it's been driven for 25 or 30 years. The paint is old and faded and just sorta "scratched up" looking, even though there aren't any dents or rust spots.

Not that the ship looked anything like a VW, just that it had that same "been parked somewhere for a Looong Time" appearance.

I'd agree that Lorien probably didn't have a lot of weapons on his ship. Given the sort of reverence shown by the First Ones, he didn't really need any.

Of course, Lorien's Mind might be all the weapon he Ever needed. He could very well have the same ability shown by Ironheart. The ability to just Look at someone or something and disassemble the component atoms. If Ironheart could Evolve the ability, Lorien, as The First Intelligent Being ever created, would be the best bet to have been Born with the ability.

Note that this would also explain his ability to change back and forth from Energy being to Physical body at will. And answer the question of What happened to his ship.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

If it was a physical ship, not an illusion, perhaps he could have summoned it to follow him beyond the Rim? If the Vorlon ships were at least half-sentient and could fly around without their masters in them, why not Lorien's? And it just wasn't shown because (a) there was no time, it was a tightly-packed episode anyway, and (b) it didn't seem all that important at the time?

In any case, I really don't think that he would have left it for the kids to play with... if he had, we would doubtless have seen it. Imagine the B5 command staff having an ancient ship sitting in their docks and never showing the slightest curiosity about it!?

But it was a cool ship. I liked it.
cool.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

I have absolutely no clue about Loriens ship, but it is a neat thought that it might just turn up here in the future. About Anna's ship though, since i havent' seen the ep in a while and can't remember how big it was, was it small enough to have been loaded on the white star??? If it wasn't that big then that's probally what happened to it, IMHO. Another ?, is the ship from crusade gonna show up in this new movie/possible series??? Since the ISA was backing it and the rangers were a big part of the ISA and all, just a thought.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>is the ship from crusade gonna show up in this new movie/possible series???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Excalibur will not appear in the movie and the series because it was not even built yet.

Perhaps in season 2 or 3, of course, assuming that there will be a series.

------------------
Understanding is a three edged sword.

[This message has been edited by Vorlon (edited June 17, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>About Anna's ship though, since i havent' seen the ep in a while and can't remember how big it was, was it small enough to have been loaded on the white star?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is always hard to judge the size of things in space shots, but it seems to be small, the size of a B5 shuttle.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>If it wasn't that big then that's probally what happened to it, IMHO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they take a standard B5 atmospheric shuttle over the the White Star, and later use it to land on Z'ha'dum. If they'd had Anna's ship, they would have used it.

Whatever happened to it I think it would have been a conventional shuttle built by a known race - either bought or stolen. It wouldn't have been any sort of special "Shadow shuttle" because they wouldn't have wanted to draw attention or make anyone nervous if it were detected.

I see several possibilites:

1) Anna wasn't piloting the shuttle. A Shadow agent (possibly even Morden) dropped her off at B5 and returned to the Shadow vessel.

2) A variant: Anna didn't go directly to B5 but was dropped off at some near-by League world and booked passage on an ordinary commercial trip to disguise her route. We see her leave the Shadow ship, but never see her arrive at B5. By the time we catch up with her, she's coming through customs.

3) She piloted the shuttle herself and left it at B5. If it is ordinary, run-of-the-mill shuttle, that wouldn't have been any big deal.

This topic came up on the moderated group and I gave pretty much the same answer - but my post was rejected by the moderators on the grounds that it was a possible story idea.
smile.gif
(Of course, that was right after a newbie both e-mailed and posted an idea for a Valen/Zathras mini-series to JMS and royally honked him off, so they were probably being extra careful for awhile.)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

In one (incomplete) fanfic that slightly touches this topic, I had Lorien assemble the ship telekinetically from a rather large chunk of Z'ha'dum.
smile.gif

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

The Whitestar Class Monitor, is an upgraded Monitor Class. The Rangers were not worthy of the expense on a Sharlin, or a Tanasi.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> And it just wasn't shown because (a)
there was no time, it was a tightly-packed episode anyway, and (b) it didn't seem all that important at the time? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lorien's ship wasn't shown because he transformed into his Energy state and took off under his Own Power. He quite obviously didn't Need that ship. At least not when traveling alone.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

I am unsure about loriens ship no idea.

With Anna'a I have more of an idea I guess.

Well we know that teh shadows and there allies build different styles of ships there normal Shadow organic vessels and other more primitive vessel's more in line with the Earth, Centauri Narn etc.

we also know from the first book intechno-mage trilagy that:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> The Shadows have even gone so far as to totally change whole planets to make there allies servants feel more at hoem welcome...Like they did with Thenok (right spelling?) the shadows changed this place in the 1000 years between the last 2 great wars for the purpose of making there allies servants feel at home...they built underground cities for the shadows themselves and above ground cities for the millions of servants they brought to the planet. From above ground it didn;t look shadowish more primitive..So if they had a whole city dedicated to this sort of thing I am sure they could have given the ship to Anna and then they wouldn;t mind if she left it at Bab 5 they would get no advanced tech from it </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back