• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lord of the Rings extended trilogy set

Survivors

• RotK theatrical DVD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TT theatrical DVD

• FotR theatrical DVD

• RotK theatrical VHS

• TT theatrical VHS

• FotR theatrical VHS

• Theatrical DVD trilogy set

• FotR extended DVD

• TT extended DVD

• RotK extended DVD

• FotR extended DVD Limited ed.

• TT extended DVD Limited ed.

• RotK extended DVD Limited ed.

• Extended DVD trilogy set

• Total voters

Flounder

Regular
Just ordered the Lord of the Rings extended trilogy box for Christmas. Happy, happy, joy, joy. I just hope it makes it through the mail without disc scratches. Most stores around here only have RotK, not the entire set, plus I save money.

I own FOTR, TTT, and ROTK theatrical version DVDs and FOTR and TTT Extended Edition DVDs and await delivery of ROTK Extended Edition DVD in the mail.

I have all three of the films in the extended editions. Purchased and watched the Return of the King one today, and was excited to see it again, as I hadn't seen it since its opening night in theaters. Still have to muddle through the special features though. :)

If you count my parents as "me," I have or will shortly have all three extended editions.

This coming Friday, my friends and family and I are going to watch all three. Should be a blast.

I've got the collector's sets for the EEs of FotR and TTT, and hope to snag the one for RotK for Christmas. Or before. Or after. Needless to say, I WILL have my RotK within a month! Or so I hope.

I vote you also add widescreen and full screen to the poll, so we have some more choices. :p

Well, there's that and the japanese dub, etc.

I just thought I'd go with the main options. Of course, I left out "Be a cheap bastard and download the lot", but that ain't owning. I also forgot rental. But there's no adding options to a published poll.

The limited RotK arrived in time for the weekend. I thought it was rather good.

Now I have them all I suppose I should watch them in sequence with some other Tolkienites... :eek:

Having my birthday on the 17th December meant that for the last 3 years, part of my celebration was opening night tickets for my wife and I for the three films in the trilogy.

This year, as the extended DVD arrived yesterday, it will be a quiet night in with the lights off and the kids away at the Grandparents watching that for the first time.

I like to think that Peter Jackson delayed this years release until December 10th solely for my benefit.

:D

Then I wake up ...

Waaah.. I dunno how people can pay all this money. My folks bought the Fellowship DVD when it first came out, said "forget about it" to the extended version and ended up not buying any additional ones out of cheapness.
I just can't justify buying DVDs... I have the Fellowship, the double sided B5 disc The Gathering/In the Beginning, Kiss of the Dragon and Wedding Planner. The last two were gifts, the first my parents bought, so really, I've only purchased one DVD in my entire life, and if it wasn't 15 dollars, my count would be at zero lol.

DVD buying could become a sickness for me.

But I so hate having some time to just relax, turning on the television, and finding nothing whatsoever that interests me on at the time I click the t.v. on.

DVD's have saved my relaxation time, that is for certain. I decide I'll spend 2 hours watching some DS9 dvds or Secret Agent Man dvds. :D

What I want, the moment I want it, with crystal-clear sound and viewing. I'm a pig in mud heaven. :D

Sol, during your absence I posted a thread that you would have sympathised with: I had a substantial DVD collection which I almost completely sold off, including the Fellowship and Two Towers EE, many Treks, Farscape, Criterions, etc. I realised I don't re-watch movies and am much more interested in seeing things I haven't seen before. I have a strong interest in older and foreign films and currently have a desire to watch old TV shows.

With a NetFlix subscription, I couldn't justify the expense and shelf space of a DVD collection.
What I've kept:
Family Guy
Looney Tunes
my favorite music and concert DVDs
Babylon 5 (with custom cover art)

Of course I'm also one of those obsessive music collector's, and that I haven't stopped.

I will most certainly NetFlix the EE of Return of the King.

FAMILY GUY!! That I'd pay for... well maybe if it was cheaper lol, but I still love Family Guy :)
What's netflix? Similar to the iTunes, or?

Netflix How It Works

It's basically a mail-based movie rental. You make a list of what you want to rent. They mail it to you. You keep it as long as you want, and when you mail it back to them in a prepade envelope they give you, they send you the next thing on your list of what you want to rent.

Sol, during your absence I posted a thread that you would have sympathised with: I had a substantial DVD collection which I almost completely sold off, including the Fellowship and Two Towers EE, many Treks, Farscape, Criterions, etc. I realised I don't re-watch movies and am much more interested in seeing things I haven't seen before. I have a strong interest in older and foreign films and currently have a desire to watch old TV shows.

With a NetFlix subscription, I couldn't justify the expense and shelf space of a DVD collection.
What I've kept:
Family Guy
Looney Tunes
my favorite music and concert DVDs
Babylon 5 (with custom cover art)

Of course I'm also one of those obsessive music collector's, and that I haven't stopped.

I will most certainly NetFlix the EE of Return of the King.

You didn't sell your Kurosawa DVD's did you? :eek:

Personally, I have enough storage space and I have enough video whims that I will never get rid of my steadily growing pile of DVDs. :)

Netflix is really pretty cool (not for me since I already have somewhere over 300 DVDs and am already in for a pound....and then some) and I even was talking to some people who use it in place of TV service.

It really is true, if you can live without the already bankrupt TV news services, you can snag a squad of TV on DVD shows from Netflix and just rotate through the TV you really like. The 30+ dollars American you can save by cutting out cable tv service pretty much pays for Netflix all by itself. When I get richer I might give it a try in tandem with my march towards my 1000th DVD purchase.

More on topic, my copy of RoTK EE is winging its way here via Amazon as I type. The first thing I will be doing when it get here is loadin all three EE discs into my 5 DVD changer along with the TT and RoTK extras and spend an entire day in Middle-earth.

I sold my Kurusawa DVDs to a friend who's into Japanese and samurai stuff.

I didn't sell the movies because I don't like them, but I just don't want all that stuff around.

My music collection is now the sole beneficiary of my expendable income.

You sound like a man who is getting ready to move, old Mighty. :) Get rid of all but the essentials, which of course means keep the music. :cool:

See, I don't know how you can watch the entire trilogy extended in one sitting. I developed carpal tunnel at the theatre just watching the last one all by itself :(

Latest posts

Members online

Back