• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

little TMoS news

Sigma

Regular
JMS today posted that:
"Oh, and for the first time in five years, there is an office somewhere in England with the words Babylon 5 on the door...."

Looks like confirmation that UK job is Babylon 5 related. :)

Sorry for the repost of mine from JMSNews in response to this, but I don't have time to simply retype and paraphrase myself. ;)

Some wonderful news! Happy dancing all around! :D :LOL: :D

Ok, some "told ya so"'s and some "ok, I admit"'s to be delved out.

First, I'll admit it that I might well have been wrong on where production will take place -- althought I will also remind folks that because there's a B5 office in England, does not mean it's shooting in England (it is still very expensive to shoot there). It could well be FX and/or a multitude of other production aspects that require an office there. However, there is the possibility that they are shooting at least some portion in England at Elstree or Leavesdone Studios (both of which were some of the largest sound stages prior to Fox building the newest ones in Australia.

Again, allow me to remind all that JMS has also mentioned some time in Australia:

JMS wrote on 6/15/2004 (My birthday :D)
We interrupt this message with a coded message for our friends in England and
Australia: keep your eyes on the horizon.)
This is, as I stated just now, the location of the largest sound stages in the world (where the SW films and Moulin Rouge have been shot).

I could attempt to infer from this newest, single sentence and past remarks just what JMS is trying to tell us, but it would be mere speculation.

I do believe an official announcement is imminent, as it will become increasingly difficult for WB to keep any type of lid on things now that there's an office open somewhere.

Once such an announcement is made, such things can be told as to where and when shooting will take place, etc.

My guess is that elements of FX and production will take place in both the UK and Australia. Which elements where? That I couldn't say.

Ok...now for the "I told you so" bit. I told you Andrew that there was no British series he was working on...that it most likely had something to do with B5. While I said it was B5 related...I said it wasn't related to principle photography...that point I just conceded I could be wrong on.

So...I told you so...it is B5:TMoS that he's there to do.

I can take being mostly right. :D

CE

I agree colonyearth,

but the most important thing is:

"from rumors and fiction, to reality. It is a real fact that B5:TMoS is going on"......

Now we just have to wait and see what is the story about and the release date (then we should start a countdown marker).

Have a good day,

Zahadum

Again, allow me to remind all that JMS has also mentioned some time in Australia:
{snip}
My guess is that elements of FX and production will take place in both the UK and Australia. Which elements where? That I couldn't say.

Ok...now for the "I told you so" bit. I told you Andrew that there was no British series he was working on...that it most likely had something to do with B5. While I said it was B5 related...I said it wasn't related to principle photography...that point I just conceded I could be wrong on.

So...I told you so...it is B5:TMoS that he's there to do.

I can take being mostly right. :D

CE

CE apology accepted. We both got a little argumentative.

I suspect that JMS came to England not just for Elstree but Studio 1 in particular.
http://www.hillside-studios.co.uk/jkcm/default.asp?pg=112

http://www.elstree-online.co.uk/mse/index.htm

Studio 1 has a sophisticated blue screen. I only discovered how sophisticated when I read that Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow had been filmed there without using scenery.
http://www.thisishertfordshire.co.uk/news/borehamwood/display.var.519988.0.movie_history_made_at_elstree.php%20id=r-7
Filming in England may be expensive but when you have a monopoly you can charge a lot. Sunny Australia would be great for any out door shots.

To film Crusade's location shots a green screen was purchased. Earthforce uniforms are blue, which works with a green screen but will probably be a bit of a problem with a blue screen. You can end up with a second rate version of the moving dress effect used in the AOL advert. Time to start a rumour that Earthforce uniforms are going to be a different colour in the coming film?

Maybe he's here on a completely unrelated project and just fancied sticking a B5 sticker on his door? :p

Either way, it's pretty fucking awesome ;) I really hope he does some signing or some cons, I'd love to finally meet the guy I worship!

By the way, I don't get the "for the first time in five years" reference.

What was he doing with a Babylon 5 office in England five years ago?

By the way, I don't get the "for the first time in five years" reference.

What was he doing with a Babylon 5 office in England five years ago?

He didn't have B5 offices in England 5 years ago. It was, perhaps, an ambigious way of saying what he meant and though I'm surprised no one "gets it," it appears it's created some confusion.

Allow me to decipher for you:

For the first time in 5 years, there is an office door with the words Babylon 5 on it...and that office is in England this time.

What he meant about the first time in 5 years is that this is the first time in 5 years an office door had the name Babylon 5 on it...period...anywhere.

Andrew,

Studio 1 may have something to do with it...but I would hazard to guess that whereever the HP films are shooting, that's where TMoS will film, if the majority of principle is shot in the UK.

As for the difference between green and blue screen...it's all irrellevent..they are frequently interchanged in the industry according to lighting needs and scene requirements. The blue in a blue screen is a far different shade than that used in the EF uniforms...so that wouldn't matter at all.

I seriously doubt they will redesign the EF uniforms. Make them in an even higher quality than they were before? Yes, but redesign? No.

CE

As for the difference between green and blue screen...it's all irrellevent..they are frequently interchanged in the industry according to lighting needs and scene requirements. The blue in a blue screen is a far different shade than that used in the EF uniforms...so that wouldn't matter at all.

I seriously doubt they will redesign the EF uniforms. Make them in an even higher quality than they were before? Yes, but redesign? No.
I am glad to hear that the mixing equipment is that sensitive.

Pity I would have like to have see Earthforce in green.

[joking]
None of you limey bastards go corrupting him, now, with your European values.
[/joking] :D

Really...joking...I would love to come there and be corrupted anyday. :p

Andrew,
Yea, the blue and green screens are such...how to put this...wild and loud shades of blue and green that to have something that might key off it is very rare.

And if there is a reflection or some such other issue, it's not as big a deal today to composite around the problem.

CE

as long as he doesn't watch any uk SOAPS, or eat any of our food he should be fine...

mad cows - plenty of em ere - i'm married to one...

:D

Really...joking...I would love to come there and be corrupted anyday. :p

From what i can gather already dude, you've been quite corrupt for a while!! ;)

Like Jell-O...there's always room for more corruption (the deviant kind not the theiving, lieing, asshole kind like Bush).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back