• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Life and Death for crusade

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Actually, I should as an ex-Catholic, shouldn't I? I don't quite know why, but it does sound familiar.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pronounced "pah-chay" - which makes it either Ecclesiastical Latin or proto-Italian. So yeah, you've probably heard it one place or another. I think I've seen it in print more often than I've heard it.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
There was a time when I really cared what happened to Crusade but now it doesn't matter to me whether they incorporate it with the Rangers series or start a new series with a completely new cast.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know -- at this point, I associated certain characters with certain actors. I really don't see Galen, Gideon, Max, Dureena or Lochley being played by anyone else. Lochley would be very easy to simply not talk much more about if she couldn't be gotten easily... the rest I think are somewhat necessary.

Speaking of Dureena, JMS said that he originally wanted to do her make-up differently, but TNT insisted on her not looking very alien. What would you guys think of it being redone now?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I'll be perfectly happy to see either series up and running.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both?

-g

------------------

I would love to see both made / finished.
I dislike TNT for cancelling crusade in the first place, and more because they canclled MID season. They couldnt even let JMS finish a season. Was it not because they wanted something JMS was not willing to add?

Christopher Rehman

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Galen2005:
Speaking of Dureena, JMS said that he originally wanted to do her make-up differently, but TNT insisted on her not looking very alien. What would you guys think of it being redone now?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked how Dureena looked before and after the make-up change.

I think she looked best in The Memory of War, perched up on that ledge, admiring the view (btw, so was I
laugh.gif
).

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Pronounced "pah-chay" - which makes it either Ecclesiastical Latin or proto-Italian. So yeah, you've probably heard it one place or another. I think I've seen it in print more often than I've heard it.

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shoot. And I thought maybe there was a reason some of my friends seem to worship "Pace Picante sauce".
wink.gif

Seriously, though, I am pretty sure you are right that I've read it but not really heard it pronounced. It's just funny what you pick up and don't even intend to pick up when you're in church as a kid!

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EntilSedai:
I would love to see both made / finished.
I dislike TNT for cancelling crusade in the first place, and more because they canclled MID season. They couldnt even let JMS finish a season. Was it not because they wanted something JMS was not willing to add?

Christopher Rehman

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sex, sex, sex and the WWF I think was the gist of TNT's hopes for "Crusade".

And since I have yet another chance to b**** I'll do so:

I don't blame TNT for cancelling "Crusade", or even for doing so BEFORE the series ever even AIRED.

I blame TNT for doing its best to kill the show, instead of selling it off to a friendlier market. There was a buyer, at least Sci-Fi. TNT must have decided it would rather kill the series than let it survive on another network.

I will literally never forgive TNT for this. And I had a chance awhile ago to voice that to good old Nielson. Not at a time that could help B5 or Crusade, but I did enjoy writing in that general comments area.

If you don't want something, let it go. Dont' sit on it until it dies.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

I guess I'll join the discussion with a quick peek in -

I'd love to see the entire cast back. But, if some had to leave, Gary Cole, David Allen Brooks, and Peter Woodward are the ones I can't watch Crusade without.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I would like to interject that I love the fact that there is so much support for these people and for the series. That being said, the idea for some sort of crossover is really just a dream. The one thing that I have noticed about TV is that the really good shows are cancelled because they require to much thinking on the part of the everyday in"duh"vidual, and the bad shows are, well, bad. So we are left to wallow in the filth of corporate money grubbing. I really think that the Sci-fi channel has a winning show on its hands and they are watching us, trying to see what we do. Let's stop wishing on what we had and try to make better something that we do have. Pitch it to everyone you know and let's not talk about what-if and maybe's.

Babylon 5, will outlive us all.
wink.gif

------------------
Did you use gunpowder on your face?? It looks shot!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:

I will literally never forgive TNT for this. And I had a chance awhile ago to voice that to good old Nielson. Not at a time that could help B5 or Crusade, but I did enjoy writing in that general comments area.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go, Hypatia...
laugh.gif

Be all their sins remembered...
mad.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Pronounced "pah-chay" - which makes it either Ecclesiastical Latin or proto-Italian. So yeah, you've probably heard it one place or another. I think I've seen it in print more often than I've heard it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FWIW, "Pace" is the last word of the Latin phrase "Requiescat in Pace" meaning "may he/she rest in peace".
These days most tombstones just get the initials RIP engraved on them, but you can still see the entire phrase on many older tombstones.

Requiescat comes from the same root words as Requium and Quiesce.
One meaning "to put to rest", the other "to make quiet".

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stephn_Walters:
I really think that the Sci-fi channel has a winning show on its hands and they are watching us, trying to see what we do. Let's stop wishing on what we had and try to make better something that we do have. Pitch it to everyone you know and let's not talk about what-if and maybe's.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Passionate speculation is one of fandom's chief joys. Wishing is the beginning of making, after all. The desire precedes the action, and there's absolutely no reason we cannot support both shows/stories.

BTW, I see you're new in town. Welcome to our corner of cyberspace.
smile.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Yes, shame on TNT for not letting the show move to friendlier pastures.

Reminds me of the Avro Arrow here in Canada.
The Deifenbaker government didnt want to spend billions on the then most advanced fighter/interceptor in the world, in favour of missile system that couls not distinguish between a russian bomber or a pasenger jet.
Fine, then discontinue the program. Even this was devastating to Canada's economy, as many of our best engineers, and high paying jobs left to the US(at least thats what I hear). But no, not only does deif cancel the program, but he has the prototypes and the designs destroyed so as to limit any reintroduction of the program by a subsequent government.

Both situations get me angry. Thank you for focusing me on the more important issue.

If only I could watch the movie when it appears, as i am without cable or satellite in canada.

CR

------------------

if they manage to some how pull it off id like to see it completly redone "the eps not peeps"... the frist seriese has too many TNT stamps on it

the god dam doom day cult footage in warzone almost made me puke !

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power governments and tyrants and armies Cannot stand... The Centauri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cleron:
if they manage to some how pull it off id like to see it completly redone "the eps not peeps"... the frist seriese has too many TNT stamps on it

the god dam doom day cult footage in warzone almost made me puke !
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see no reason to redo it -- once the changes became more than JMS thought were managable, the series got cancelled. Granted that War Zone was pretty bad, but fine -- so that's one bad ep. Every series has one. Anyone who cares can find out what happened with it.

Actually, I would like to see those crappy bellboy uniforms undone -- the rest can stay as is.

-g

------------------

The one major change I would love for them to make on Crusade is the scene where the Asian second in command dude (whatever his name is) has a flashback of a telepath dying. That was supposed to be Lyta, but it wasn't. It would be cool if they could re-film it with her, so that she could be introduced into the show.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Stephn_Walters ?

Named after Stephen Walters, the character in the Psi Corps. trilogy?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
The one major change I would love for them to make on Crusade is the scene where the Asian second in command dude (whatever his name is)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lt. John Matheson played by Daniel Dae Kim.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Lt. John Matheson played by Daniel Dae Kim.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By coincidence I saw Daniel Dae Kim last night in an episode of C.S.I. He looked thinner, but I immediately thought of Crusade and remembered that he was one of my favorite characters along with Max and Dureena.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
By coincidence I saw Daniel Dae Kim last night in an episode of C.S.I. He looked thinner, but I immediately thought of Crusade and remembered that he was one of my favorite characters along with Max and Dureena.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's also a recurring character on Angel (Gavin, one of the Wolfram & Hart lawyers), and was on last night's Charmed (a repeat).

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

What happened with Gary Cole? Last I heard was that he filmed a television pilot movie for a (National Lampoon's) Vacation series in which he was starring as Clark Griswald. If that ever went anywhere it didn't go far.

------------------
We say atoms are bound by
weak attractors.

Why not admit the truth:
The universe is held together by love.

Michio von Kerr,
Wayist physicist,
CY 9942

GENE RODDENBERRY'S ANDROMEDA
"BANKS OF THE LETHE"

Latest posts

Members online