• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Liandra's Crew interactions

Cern

Regular
Liandra\'s Crew interactions

If Rangers had gone on to series, who of the crew do you think would have ended up as friends, or maybe something more?

David and Sarah obviously had some sexual tension going on, but with him as Captain I would think a romance would be inappropriate. There was the one scene with Nafeel, though, that made me think she might have an attraction to David herself. And why not? G'kar had a thing for human women, why couldn't Nafeel have an attraction to Human Males? The one line I am thinking about was when she had the engines back up and David told her "remind me to thank you" and she said "I will". I dont know, maybe i am seeing things that aren't there.

I had the feeling that Kitaro and Malcolm could have been the Franklin and Garibaldi of the show. They seem about the same age, and they seemed to have a similar attitude. Of course, Malcolm has a bit of a dark side to him, since he is the one David went to to turn Kafta into a bomb.

Does anyone think Dulonn and Firell could have something going on? they are the only two main Minbari in the cast, except for Tafeek.

anyway, if this post is rambling and incoherant its probably because I just had a root canal two hours ago and the pain meds are still kicking in.

Re: Liandra\'s Crew interactions

Why would the Captain having a relationship be inapropiate? Sheridan had one. Anyways, I think David and Sarah would probably end up together, there was definitely something there. I didn't see anything between him and Na'Feel though, so I think you're seeing things there. To make you feel better, I may be making this up but, I think Firell and Malcolm could end up together; remember the welcoming ceremony scene where Malcolm told his truth, Firell seemed interested... I don't think Dulann and Firell would have gotten together, I didn't see anything going on there. Just because they're the same race doesn't mean they'll end up in a relationship.

About who would end up being friends I don't know, we already saw the friendship between Dulann and David, and between David and Sarah. I don't think Firell would have any close friendships with anyone, she seems the keep by herself type. I can't say about the others, we didn't get to see them interact that much in the movie.

Romancing the people who are under your command is a questionable proposition at best. Some time ago at my college an administrator began dating an instructor. Like it or not, that instructor started to receive favorable treatment. People she didn't like started to receive unfavorable treatment.

Our school has no policy officially ruling out such relationships. But virtually everyone agrees that it is to be avoided if at all possible. In this case, the relationship was short-lived so the problem was, too.

In the case of a captain on a ship, it would be even worse. Besides, how to you get along in such a small, confined space with someone you just broke up with? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That would definitely NOT be fun. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Which is why it would make an interesting story, hyp! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I honestly see David and Na'feel eventually developing some kind of strange friendship. Na'feel seems slightly mercurial, and we know that David's quite the intemperate guy. They'd get along fine (when they got along, of course. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

The Sarah and David romantic possibility, I think, is too plum a storyline not to do something with. Getting them together in the ordinary way would be far too trite, though. They've obviously done well as co-workers, and respect each other. They're friends, but not so close that she knows why he came to the Rangers, so there's still a distance. But, no, triteness is not an option, here - I'd go platonic before I'd go traditional with them.

Plus, romancing the people under you is illegal in many companies. I don't know how it would be in the Rangers, but I'd think it would adversely affect job performance.

I definitely see something with Malcolm and Firell. I can't talk about what I see here because I'd spoil Redux for the people who read it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Great question. Although I'm usually not the type to wonder about such things. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I don't think you were the only one to notice that scene between David and Na'Feel - there was definitely *something* there! Whether it was signifying the start of any possible future romantic feelings is of course another matter - it could also be that there was something going on between them before, I don't necessarily mean a close relationship but perhaps they'd met before or something.

But that's just wild speculation. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for David and Sarah... hm, actually I'd say it's almost *too* obvious that these two are the most likely candidates for a relationship. Way too obvious in my opinion - I'd rather think that JMS wouldn't take such an easy way (although considering all the flaws in the movie... who knows).

There are many things you can do to develop feelings between two people without getting them in a "relationship," and storywise, a lot of them are better, anyway. IMHO.

As for David and Na'feel, well - just remembering the public's response to the Sheridan/Delenn pairing should give you an idea of the story possibilities for that one.

Actually, that's what I meant by "relationship" - not necessarily getting together but having feelings develop between them. Or does a "relationship" only mean "being together"?

Anyway, hm... what about Tirk and Firell? I'm serious! That would be a fun thing to watch, seeing something developing between those two. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Being in a "relationship," as I use it in this context, denotes something going on romantically between two people, where the two acknowledge that they have some sort of feelings above friendship for one another and "date," or the equivalent of "date." Same goes for "having a relationship," where the word "relationship" is a noun.

The word means different things for different demographics.

I agree that David and Sarah probably would have gotten romanticly involved. I also think David and Dulann's friendship would have played an integral part in the show.

Now, I don't see Na'Feel getting involved with David. I think they would have developed a respect for each other and would have worked well together, but I just don't see anything more than that. Actually, I could see Na'Feel with Tirk, Malcom, or Kitaro before she'd be with David.

I would have liked to see Sarah and Na'Feel develop a nice frienship. Not a lesbian thing like Ivanova and Talia were supposed to have had, but more like two girls that respected each other and worked well together, and told each other their secrets and such.

If David and Sarah getting together is too obvious, maybe David and Dulann. Hell, who'd expect that! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, numerous people on this board pointed out that they seemed very Kirk-and-Spock, and we know what the slash fanfic writers did to them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now, in my personal life, I'm all about romance. As I usually do with the characters I write. But, casual sex is a big factor in Human life. I no actually knowledge of this, but I'd imagine such things happen often on a co-ed naval ship (military or not). True the Liandra isn't very big but ... I could see it happening. And it should with some if we're trying to be realistic. Maybe the Humans aren't so controlled by their labidos after Ranger training but I doubt all sexual tension and desire would be eliminated. I'm not saying it should have happened often (I'm not part of TNT, heh) or even been intrical to the show, but for realism, a few should have just gone for the occasional casual sex. Like Jadzia Dax was on DS9, heh.

As as mentioned in some of the recent posts, would there have been any gay or bi relationships? No reason to expect everyone on the ship has to be hetrosexual. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There are twenty people on the Liandra. Probably less than half of them human, knowing the Rangers' penchant for partnership and the presence of Tirk and Na'feel.

It is a very small ship indeed. There are no secrets.

And there's nowhere to hide.

Sex would not be a good idea. Especially if you're a CO romancing someone that CO also commands - I'm not treading new ground here, but what if David and Sarah got involved? Could he order her to do something that might verily get her killed? They both live for the One, but would that philosophy get undermined were something to happen?

Sex would be stupid.

Of course, there's no accounting for the stupidity of some people. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey, you callin' me names there Channe? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I agree, though, an author needs to balance the "common sense" element with the "we all know people sometimes don't follow common sense" element. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What I have seen of your writing, I think is very provocative. Characters I want to know more about in one page.

Not bad in my book. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

something about the way Nafeel said "I will" in reply to Davids "remind me to thank you later" reminded me of the way Joey on Friends says "How YOU doin'?" /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

There seemed like there should have been a second Na'feel-David thing like that within the script to make it make sense. It seemed like a punchline without the rest of the joke to me.

You know, I'd swear Na'feel gave David the once-over when she said that line. It definitely looked like she was checking him out.

Admiral Dave

I didn't notice her checking David out, I should watch the movie again and try to see this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back