• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Let's Get Real Here

Re: Let\'s Get Real Here

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Airad:
JMS is about to make another B5-like Sci-fi. Why can't we just give that a chance?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PHEW. It's hot in here.

Anyways, I'm going to watch Legend of the Rangers, if there's a show about it, chances are good I'll watch that, too. But I liked Crusade. The honest answer? I'm selfish. I feel ripped off. I enjoyed the show, I liked the suspense of not knowing how things were going to turn out -- and now I'm just pissed. I want to know what happens, and even more than that, I want to watch the characters deal with whatever happens. Bottom line -- Crusade was a good show, and I want it back.

------------------
Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Statement of opinion: I think there is no chance of Crusade returning.

Statment of fact: There is no chance of Crusade returing.

The latter presumes one has facts to back it up. The only publically available person with such facts is jms. Here is what he has said about it recently:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>03/29/2001

>I heard a rumor that the main reason there won't be any new Crusade
>episodes is that the cast can't be reassembled.

Untrue.

>I doubt this is the
>reason, since SFC will probably want to wait for the ratings breakdowns
>first, see how things are going to go, then crank up new episodes if it
>looks good.

That would certainly be the more logical approach.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>03/21/2001

>Does the new Rangers movie (& possible series) mean that SFC doesn't
>want to do more Crusade? Don't get me wrong--I love the Rangers idea.
>I hate to see something (the Crusade story) left up in the air, though.
>

No, it doesn't...it doesn't have any impact on that project one way or another.
This is a B5 project based on the B5 ratings. Crusade hasn't even aired yet
on SFC.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Note that below he actually starts to get annoyed at people who declare Crusade dead:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>09/18/2000

>Guess this seals Crusade's fate then, doesn't it?
>

Y'know, if I get this question one more time, I'm going to belt somebody.

Just for starters, do you want me to just sit here and hope that someday
somebody buys the show and thus pass up work in between?

Secondly...if there WERE to be any more Crusade, it would be at LEAST a year,
maybe more, before it would get going. SFC is going to want to see what
happens to B5's reruns before picking up Crusade's reruns. That wouldn't
happen until after the first of the year. If they want something after that,
B5 or Crusade related, THAT couldn't happen until the fall at the very earliest
just to get the DEAL together, and you wouldn't start shooting until Spring
2002 at the *very earliest*.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(And I'd just like to add that I don't think Crusade's chances for revival are huge, but I do think they're there, which is just enough to make POT wrong.)

Take Joe's wager, PoT - PLEASE!

I ran out of patience with PoT threads long ago. In case anyone here doesn't know PoT he's one of those posters that loves to stir the pot (smoke it, too?). His posts are deliberately angry in order to provoke you. There is no logic. I think it's just his way of having fun.
crazy.gif
Maybe a kid?

And for you who don't know Joe, trust me, this good man doesn't belong in the same category at PoT. Please don't lump 'em together!

Anyway, I'm off this thread - and all PoT posts.
smile.gif

------------------
"Sure is for people with nothing on the line. You and me, we just get on with it."

Oh, and one other thing - I think CRUSADE was as good as or better than B5. justmho.

------------------
"Sure is for people with nothing on the line. You and me, we just get on with it."

I see that DeMo didn't even mention my wager ...which was what I expected from him all along. Even in a friendly wager, he wussed out.

And as far as his "But he stated his stuff like they were facts" bullcrap ... Grow up dude. Not everyone that has an opinion actually states, "My opinion...." In fact, most people with opinions on BBoards like this don't mention that they are stating opinions at all. Wanna know why? Because the damn things were built for opinions in the first place.

And PLEASE come off your artifical high horse. Your, "it was power-of-ten, not me!" bullsh!t sounds like the whinning of a little baby. You aren't even man enough to call a throw-down a throw-down.

Why don't you take your JMS-press-statement having-self somewhere else and let all of us REAL people state our opinions.

P.S. -- Why should you care if I make fun of JMS's weight? Do you have a personal interest in JMS'S weight? If so, then whatever gets you through the night is fine by me. If not, then why do you even give a damn?

POT,the point is you're doing nothing but mocking everyone who thinks the show could come back but are showing no evidence whatsoever to support this.

There are ways of saying things to make them appear that they are fact and there are ways of saying things to make them sound like opinion.

Your post appeared like you were stating fact.

Until you get some facts I'd suggest you let everyone else have their opinions.

And you're wager was ignored because it showed how childish you are and frankly it embarrased me to read it.

It wasn't you and Joe...it was YOU!

So get off your damn soap box and stop acting like you're better than everyone and that you know everything.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

I said in my post that I would not reply to your comments except to deal with the personal attacks. The rest of it was not worth my time. Which part of this did you not understand?

But about the bet:

If you actually read my posts, you'll see that there is no bet that can be made, at least none that I could lose.

Your position is "The show is never coming back, it is dead forever." So if it comes back, you're wrong. (BTW, your original post did not make an exception for TV movies, but I'm willing to overlook that and not count a TV movie against you.)

My position is "There is a 50/50 chance of the show's coming back." So either way, I'm right. It will either come back or it won't, exactly as I have predicted. Unless you can come up with an internal document from Sci-Fi showing that they never had any interest in reviving Crusade between the time they acquired B5 and now, I don't see how I can be proven "wrong."

But, if you want to bet under those conditions let's do it:

Whoever is proven wrong has to leave this and every other B5 board and never return.

So if Crusade doesn't come back, you get to stick around. If not, you leave.

I get to stay either way.
smile.gif

Still up for it?

I object to making fun of anyone's personal appearance when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It is a cheap shot, and is the sort of thing that people resort to when they aren't up to debating in the realm of ideas. Or when they're trolling for flames.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Remind me to never choose YOU as my lawyer.

You didn't even bother to read Joes *facts* when he posted them, yet you took it upon yourself to go spouting off again.

"Your honor (and I use the term loosely since you saw fit to overrule my last objection), my client is innocent and the other guy is a jerk!"

"And why is that, Mr. Ten?"

"Because I said so! Facts? Who needs facts?"

As for your wager, it isn't worth the keyboard it was typed on. None of us know what's going on behind the scenes. Some people presume to, and once in a while they get it half right and go off touting themselves like they are "insiders." Joe isn't one of them. He *reads.* A LOT. Then he forms his own opinion. For all any of us know, Crusade *is* dead and JMS doesn't want to tell us. Or, they could be having a meeting at 2:00 this afternoon to discuss what color the uniforms are going to be. *We* just don't know. So we wait and see. As B5 fans, we're used to it already.

Frankly I've seen more hard facts come from Joe than I've seen insults come from you, and that's quite a job in and of itself. I'm sure you'll work hard to beat that now.

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

My dear Mr. Cotto I will try and break this down as simply as I can...

Taking your argument and DeMo's to its logical conclusion, you're basically angry because I stated that (to paraphrase) "There is no way in hell Crusade is ever coming back" and I had no way of backing this up -- seeing as how I am not a Sci-Fi excutive.

What are you smoking?

Do you honestly believe that a Sci-Fi exec. (by the moniker of power-of-ten, no less) is gonna come here and post, "Let's get real"???
Surely you have more sense than that. But I could be wrong -- you did, after all, name yourself after the most backwards ass character on the show.

And frankly, I didn't see you and DeMo all in a huff when I saw other people STATING that DS9 was better than B5 ... and any of the dozens of other STATEMENTS that people make on this board -- without facts.

Whatever.

Mr. Dandruff, I would also refer you to the above post.

BTW, who the hell invited you to the fight? Go help out one of your other friends or something, this is between me and DeMo, please C your way clear. Thanks Dandruff Man.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Wow, you mean you just passed the Bar and you've already landed a job at Warner Bros., The Sci-Fi Channel or Babylonian Productions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This quote was from Joe's original post on this thread. Wasn't this just a little condescending?

Don't get me wrong, PoT is obviously an idiot, but I think Joe should be a little more tactful in his posts. Unlike the power of speach (with which you can emphasise what you mean with your voice), the underlying meaning of a text statement can easily be misunderstood (was it a joke? was it a personal attack? was it sarcasm?).

In short, someone like PoT requires little reason to flare-up. Joe provided one.

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited May 01, 2001).]

You're wrong, it *is* my business. I'm not here to defend anybody. Joe can defend himself against personal attacks; as can I, as I've already proven before. I'm here (and on 4 other boards, two of which you don't belong to) to stick up for the facts. Many of which have been presented on this board, and none of which came from you.

So far you've stuck to your classic method of placing a blatantly uneducated theory on the table and then not even backing it up. Then you love to get defensive and slam anyone who tries to tell you differently. Your comment to Vir Cotto about naming himself after the "most backwards ass character on the show" was rude and uncalled for. Besides, didn't Vir become EMPEROR and lead his people out from under the Drakh influence?

I do not now, nor have I *ever* even entertained the notion that you're a Sci-Fi exec.

As for the B5 vs. DS9 discussion, if you're wanting to use that as a basis of comparison in this case, you need to reconsider your strategy. That's like arguing over Macs vs. PCs or Pepsi vs. Coke. Nobody can win that argument, whereas this particular debate has been supported on one side by facts and mere speculation on the other.

By the way, I see you haven't taken Joe up on the wager you proposed. He's set the stakes... let's see if you take him up on it.

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Wombat Control:

?????

Almost every objection you raised was discussed and an answer or alternative given in the posts above. Did you read any of them?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just another example. A simple "read the above posts" would have sufficed.

------------------
Trust the Corps

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Power-Of-Ten:
Mr. Dandruff, I would also refer you to the above post.

BTW, who the hell invited you to the fight? Go help out one of your other friends or something, this is between me and DeMo, please C your way clear. Thanks Dandruff Man.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PLease top your personal atatcks. It seems to me you are just trying to ruffle peoples feathers.

Everyone has the right to post here as long as they are respectful etc

So if this is between you and you want it private take it to e-mails or somthing this is a public board, where we all respect each other.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
this is a public board, where we all respect each other.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said. Can we all be mature enough to stick to the subject at hand?

------------------
Trust the Corps

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited May 01, 2001).]

Hey I see that remme-mage (whatever the hell that name means) also likes to ride DeMo's jock. Must be nice for net-nerds to have friends.

------------------

Who is more pathetic...
the person who posts on a sci-fi forum to discuss sci-fi
OR
the person who posts on a sci-fi forum just to insult the other postees?

You must lead such a happy and fulfilling life, PoT.

------------------
Trust the Corps

And you know what else is funny? You "people" have spent god knows how long insulting me-- (much longer, I'd wager, than I used in insulting you) and yet none of you "people" ever had the cojones TO ACTUALLY TAKE THE BET!!!

This is what I heard:

DeMo--- "Umm, I'll bet but I don't wanna risk nuthin"

Dandruff Man--- "Its stupid for DeMo to bet cause we don't know what's gonna happen... duh?"

Mr. Cotto--- "the bad man scary me!"

80% of everybody else---- "he's biased against Crusade, crucify the troll!"

And Some Guy that I can't Remember--- "Uh, I'd do it, but it can't be enforecd."

Whatever. I'm moving on to another discussion string where people got balls.

Why do I bother?
I'm outta this thread.
Bye.

------------------
Trust the Corps

Please allow me to suggest some meditation and relaxing tea to everyone over here.
smile.gif

It is not within our capabilities to deduce at the moment whether Crusade will or won't come back. Let me however point out that the probability of Crusade coming back is currently higher than two years ago.

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back