• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Let me end the silence...(some spoilers)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>(There is) No final judge of what is good or bad.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, a lot of believe that there is, but that He doesn't trouble himself over such minor matters as TV movies.
smile.gif
(Although I suspect that He hates rap.)

RE: The Flemings and reposting Dylan's message.

I agree that it is inappropriate, and e-mailed Tim to say as much. However, Dylan did post it in a public forum which is as likely to be read by representatives from Sci-Fi or Warner Bros. as any other. (More likely, given the reputation it is developing.) So this isn't like reposting someone's private e-mail.

Dylan didn't request that he never be quoted, only that any quotation from or reference to his post make it clear that he was not the original source of any of the numbers. (Since he was discussing things already posted on other website discovered by fans.) The mere fact that Dylan added this caveat: "Make it clear that I did not reveal any ratings numbers" would seem to indicate that he anticipated that his remarks would, in fact, be quoted by sombody.

Tim qouted Dylan's entire message including this disclaimer. So his action wasn't quite as outrageous as it may seem at first blush. There is a bit of netiquette that says you shouldn't quote a message posted to one forum on any others.

JMS has given folks a blanket exemption from this rule because it allows his stuff to be posted on fora that host fan fiction and allow story ideas - places he can't go himself. It also means that he only has to answer questions once, in one location (the moderated newsgroup), and still be sure that most fans will be able to find the information.

My messages sometimes get quoted elsewhere, and I have publicly said that I don't have a problem with this, although it is always nice when people (like Londo's Hair) either ask permission or ask me to repost something myself. But Dylan hasn't given such blanket permission for the re-use of his posts, as far as I know, so I do think

Tim was mistaken, in my view, to put the information on his site, in terms of strict netiquette. But I also think it was an honest mistake, and mitigated by his posting the entire message, rather than excerpts that might have led people to think that Dylan had posted the actual ratings numbers. So the thing Dylan most wanted to avoid has not happened.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

@Citizen DF

YOU are right!
laugh.gif

but i believed it wasn´t necessary to explain myself the way you did. there are different tastes to nearly everything. no doubt!

that´s why some people use the "IMHO" like i did. it means that my writing reflects my opinion. it doesn´t have to be your´s. if you think otherwise... fine! that´s your opinion. and i´m not trying to change it. on the contrary, that post was meant to understand WHY people like you like it. i believe that to be a basic rule on a message board.

tell me if i´m wrong.

anyway, perhaps this was another step in a long way of learning
smile.gif

BTW:
Dave Thomer gave a good explanation of what i wanted to know. thanks for that
smile.gif

jesse custer

------------------
earth´s nature won´t die at our hands. it will just change. so we have to live or die with the consequences.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Citizen DF:

I don't think of Power Rangers when I see the weapons pod.

Power Rangers never had that great of effects. They NEVER had the genius (IMO) to come up with such an amazing concept.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was more to do with the martial arts shown when inside the pod, rather than the CGI itself.

Instead of her moving her entire body around to reposition herself, they should have moved the CGI scene around her. Her body has inertia that must be overcome, requires exertion, has an opposing reaction to her actions, and slows reaction time. The VR around her has no inertia. She could have panned the scene in any direction with a joystick. It could even have been a VR joystick (like the VR panel Dulann touched in the hallway).

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited January 27, 2002).]

I just realized that I hadn't yet thanked the cast and crew of rangers for their care and commitment for this show. Or for the attention lavished on us, the fans. For all this, I think I should thank you all: Dylan, Alex, Myriam, everybody.
Here's to wishing that we keep bumping into each other, on the tv screen and all the other ways open to us, for many years to come.
By the way, I think that, in light of the somewhat down mood seen in this trend, my tag line IS appropriate:
Never surrender, never give up. We might win this one yet.

------------------
never surrender, never give up
God, I need a better tag line

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Instead of her moving her entire body around to reposition herself, they should have moved the CGI scene around her.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think at some extend this is a "point-of-view"... how did you know that actually the camera wasn't following the CGI, giving us the impression that Sarah was herself turning around ?

That's the same thing when you flight a space ship. There's no up and down. When you do a 180o, then it's the whole universe that seems to rotate. But this is just your point of view !

Hehe I love nitpicking on nitpickers (no offense Kosh!)
laugh.gif

- Garibaldi's Hairs

------------------
"You are all in violation of security ordinance 22V3A. That means get the hell out of here!
"
- Zack

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back