• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Latest on Jeremiah

oooyeah. i should also say: my boss said that the one way to guarantee that this gets renewed for another season (assuming you folks like it, 'n' all) is to write the fine folks at showtime and tell them how much you like the show.

the most important thing is name recognition, i.e. Showtime's Jeremiah. the reason why showtime cancelled Stargate SG-1 is because it was no longer directly associated with Showtime itself (since Sci-Fi network is now carrying it, too).

this goes especially for those of you who are ordering Showtime for the EXCLUSIVE REASON that this show will be on it.
smile.gif

-di doctor-

Ok, just 'cause I'm a skeptical gal and all - why should I believe either of you two, that you work for the show?
wink.gif

I'm just asking, because I've been in situations where people have passed themselves off as working for the show just to make people jump through hoops and react.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

I am a bit skeptical too but I am also going to keep an open mind about it. I am just happy to have two potentially "official" members from the Jeremiah team in our midst.

I was just found a picture that has an appearance of Jason Priestly (hope we don't get a 90210 overdose) in one of the episodes.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited February 11, 2002).]

I'm not worried.

I'm pretty sure this show isn't going to be a mite like 90210 except for the ordinary human issues involved... you know, stuff like emotions...

Great picture!

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

jason priestly is actually in one of the better episodes that i've seen so far. it is absolutely not a 90210 redux. actually, i would say that jason priestly's character is about as far from his 90210 character as it could possibly be.

edited to add:
oh.. and to offer some clarification on the premise of Jeremiah:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>the plague is called the Big Death and the story picks up 15 years after it hit</font></td></tr></table>

-di doctor-

[This message has been edited by DrRingDing (edited February 09, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Yeah, that's quite right. But at least you have the choice - and you can still access their site!

It's not so much this particular incident with Showtime's site that bothers me, it's more the whole idea of blocking a website to the rest of the world.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO kidding -- it's bizarre. And sort of creepy; whatever did the world do to Showtime? Does any one know if JMS has commented on the situation?

PS-- the trailer loaded just fine for this Canadian...
------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

[This message has been edited by terrytvgal (edited February 09, 2002).]

I don't think I have posted this yet but I recently found a Jeremiah discussion list on Yahoo!Groups. There is not much going on there yet but it is something to keep in mind.

I am working on setting up a newsletter list (with Channe) which you are all welcome to check out ... it is still a work in progress but I have copied most of the relevent links from this thread over there. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome!

JeremiahTV Newsletter

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited February 11, 2002).]

If showtimeonline.com won't let you connect to it directly, try using a public proxy like anonymizer.com's free service. The only drawback is that generally, if you view pages with it one day (or for that matter, if a lot of other people do) and come back the next, they'll be "for subscribers only" and you'll have to wait a few days before you can view them again.

I'm sure there are other public proxies out there that are less limited but also harder to find. There are sites in Europe now that won't let US users on due to our bizarro world copyright situation (DMCA), and I know people have found proxies to let them do that. I bet a Canadian proxy would be the best of both worlds, because no one bothers to shut Canadians out. For its part, Anonymizer is actually worth paying for (though I currently don't belong myself) but can be annoying in its free version.

Speaking of Showtime, I already subscribed to it last year to watch Queer As Folk and SG-1, but I'm actually more excited about Jeremiah than either of those series (or, for that matter, B5LR.) Once you get past the Dark Angel Using SG-1 Sets Syndrome, it sounds like it could be as cool (and as fresh) a story as B5. Or it could end up looking like a flaccid remake of The Stand, but somehow I doubt it
wink.gif

------------------

Hi ya everyone!

I am very much looking forward to Jeremiah. The MGM Newsletter is proving to be a great one. I am glad I am subscribed to it.
Along the lines of places covering the new series, I have to throw in "In Starlight." I am working very hard to get everything together into one section (I am pretty much in charge of this section-SpookyRanger, as I am known on the site--SpectorX will be doing other things). We have just put some money into the site in the form of advertising, in hopes of bringing some traffic to the site. Lots of new things will be added in the next week and a half or so and beyond. I know we have hyped the site here on B5LR before, but I just wanted to mention it again. There are very few GOOD B5/Crusade/Rangers/Other JMS sites out there. B5LR happens to be one of the great few. We hope to fit in there somewhere with the vast array we will be covering. We also have a forum board for everyone to post on (our ezboard one will be up this week). I will get off my podeum now.
Thanks.
smile.gif

http://starlight.1afm.com

invalensname (SpookyRanger)

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

[This message has been edited by invalensname (edited February 10, 2002).]

Most stuff will come from the MGM Newsletter, or from press releases. Outside of what Sci-Fi gave us (and this site's original content), there really wasn't that much intrepid reporting about B5LR, either...

------------------

Well, after about a week or so I now have a Jeremiah section on my Abyss web site which is now available for viewing. It is still a work in progress as it only contains information I could find on the net. Channe has agreed to help me out so some of that stuff I am still waiting on (hint, hint
laugh.gif
).

So, take a look around and let me know what you think and if there are any errors or things I should add etc. etc. blah blah blah.
wink.gif

Abyss : Jeremiah

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

Nice web site Lyta. But the airdate for Jeremiah should be March 3rd not March 8th.
wink.gif

------------------
Remember dear readers, you heard it here first. Off the record, on the Q.T., and very hush-hush - Danny DeVito as Sid Hudgens in L.A. Confidential

Hello, everyone, Channe here, um -

I have a HUGE presentation on Wednesday that's also a job interview, so my mind has been taken off of the divine Luke Perry for a while.
wink.gif
I'm still compiling info (Lyta's site is going to be the most comprehensive one out there right now, so help me God), and I'll have it sometime this week.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kraig:
Nice web site Lyta. But the airdate for Jeremiah should be March 3rd not March 8th.
wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops!
blush.gif
See that is what happens when you type up things too fast. There, it should be all fixed now.
wink.gif

Channe, no problem about the other stuff coming first! It kinda scares me how it might be the most comprehensive site out there so yeah ... God's help is definitely gonna be needed!
wink.gif
Still, I will settle for yours (and anyone else who wants to help!).
smile.gif

------------------
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

Here's some really nice Jeremiah news, proving that actions speak louder than words...

"The only thing I know for sure is that at the big international sales meeting
where Jeremiah was showcased at NATPE, the foreign buyers were lined up around
the block after seeing some of the footage." -JMS, rastbm 2/19

I have to find a way to get ahold of these tapes. I really, really like the concepts for these episodes - some of them are just great!

------------------

Hmph. I don't suppose any of the international buyers were the ones near to me...

I agree with you, Channe - it does sound like good stuff. I like the premise, I like Luke Perry, and I like JMS (that goes without saying though
lol.gif
).

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

so, i have a question for ya'll...

what does this article make you think? for instance, what sort of impression do you have of Ervin? of his thoughts on Jeremiah? etc.

thanks!
-di doctor-

[Edit note: I don't like the fact the link didn't open in a new window so I just fixed that --Lyta]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited February 20, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrRingDing:
so, i have a question for ya'll...

what does this article make you think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh poop, you beat me to it DrRD.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
I have the interview now listed on my news and links pages along with this page that I found on the
Strip Art Comics site. I am not sure when this was published but it has your basic information about Jeremiah that came out of the MGM press release and also a quote from Hermann Huppen, the creator of the comic book which the TV show is based on. Strip Art Comics is a Slovenia based publisher who has been responsible for bringing Hermann Huppen's comic to the rest of the world.

As for the interview with Ervin, I thought it was good to get the point of view from the European and Jeremiah comic book fan's perspective. I have never been a huge comic fan so the only thing I know of comic book characters are the ones that make it to the TV or movie screens. I do hope that the fans of the comic will watch the show with an open mind and after all, JMS did say the comic was a "leaping off point" for the TV series.

PS: I also liked the article because there were new photos too!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited February 20, 2002).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back