• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Justin

Indeed, the most senior Human Morden could have spoken to on Babylon 5 was Sinclair, who was very clearly low man on the totem pole -- Santiago liked him, more or less, but Sinclair was making enemies left and right, and had next to no influence in EarthDome. He was quite simply too junior to be of value; his position as commander of B5 was an aberration that many factions on Earth were trying to correct. While Morden would have been wrong to dismiss Sinclair as a nonentity, that's probably exactly what he did.

Sheridan, while perceived as a jarhead, was more high-profile, because of his high-visibility command of Agamemnon and because of his status as Starkiller, the only real victor in the Earth-Minbari War. So while people might have dismissed him as a jarhead, he was still a known name, unlike Sinclair.

Actually, I just assumed that Mr. Morden never approached the humans on Babylon 5 because they already had them (Morden had already helped Clark kill Santiago).

Morden (or his associates) hadn't already helped Clark kill Santiago at the time he first arrives on B5 from the Rim in "Signs and Portents" (113) Santiago isn't killed until "Chrysalis" (122) At the time he approaches the ambassadors Morden is acting as a scout for the Shadows, who are trying to get a "sense of the room" after being exiled from Z'ha'dum for 1,000 and uncertain where the various races stand. That's why they even approach Delenn, because they don't yet know that the Vorlons have resumed contact with the Minbari.

This is what happens when I cut out drinking coffee...for some inane reason, I thought that Morden showed up in The Coming of Shadows. Ugh....

So, is it ever answered (in novels or other canonical media) just where Justin came from? I've read "The Shadow Within" and he wasn't a member of the Icarus crew.
JMS quotes Terry Jones' chronology here and includes

"Sunday January 3rd. The Icarus lands on Z'ha'dum and the survey teams which include Anna Sheridan, Morden and Justin, begin to explore.
Dunno if this helps, though - JMS quoting someone else in answer to a question that had nothing to do with Justin! :eek:

Thanks for the link, Grumbler.

I don't remember Justin from "The Shadow Within." Of course, if memory serves, the Icarus crew only used last names when addressing each other, so I guess he could have been one of the guys on board and his first name was just never spoken.

I don't remember Justin from "The Shadow Within." Of course, if memory serves, the Icarus crew only used last names when addressing each other, so I guess he could have been one of the guys on board and his first name was just never spoken.

I hadn't thought about it in this context, but in view of your interest it must be maddening! :LOL:

Just to muddy the waters, I did a search under "Justin" on JMSNews and discovered this answer to the specific question from 9/29/1996:
Darran Williams <101656.2143@compuserve.com> asks:
> Question: I don't know whether anyone has already asked
> this but was Justin a crew member of the Icarus ?

No, he was assigned there later.

jms
I would say this is more definative than the answer he gave later and I posted above.

Unfortunately, JMSNews really doesn't have anything else we don't already know about Justin AFAICT

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back