• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Just munching on some crow, and boy does it taste good.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'd post on my thread about Crusade's ratings, but this board gives my WebTV problems. Namely shutting it off when I try to post on a thread that has a great deal of posts.

Anyway, apologies for being so adamant about the ratings, thing. I checked the Crusade for Crusade website and it seems I was wrong. Plus, Sci-Fi put up the ratings for their weekly shows on Monday, and it was the same EXACT ratings they had up the week, before. Seems they screwed up and keep posting the same ratings information week after week.

Well, to anyone to whom I said "You're wrong", well, you're right. I was wrong.

And there you have it.

*continus to munch on his delicious crow*

------------------

CaptMG,

I was not trying to be rude at all about it. I was extremely curious about the ratings because I want the series to return. I am very happy with how the ratings turned out especially considering the competition every Thursday and the 2nd and 3rd weeks with new network episodes as competition. Now we await SFC's decision-making process. I think the chances are the best they have been since before the "notes" were received by JMS from TNT. Faith manages, but I will keep my fingers crossed nonetheless.

But don't eat the crow. Save it for the execs at TNT-Atlanta. They are the ones who need it, whether or not Crusade gets revived.

SmG

------------------
The Truth IS.....

OUT of fashion.

So????? Everyone is "wrong" once in a while. Was this error good for Crusade?

Oh h e double sticks, I just want my show back. The writers ain't on strike, nothing has to close down.

I want knowledge, or a bit more hope. LOL

Hey, one can keep hoping, which I will continue to do until JMS says "NADA"

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>GideonsMine<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I'm not.

And don't worry about it, Galen. I'm not saying you were rude. I just like to be upfront about it when I'm wrong. Anyway, while on the subject of ratings:

Week 1
Racing the Night 1.1
The Needs of Earth 0.9
The Memory of War 1.0
The Long Road 0.7
Average: 0.9

Week 2
Visitors from Down the Street 0.8
The Well of Forever 0.7
Each Night I Dream of Home 0.7
Patters of the Soul 0.6
Average: 0.7

Week 3
The Path of Sorrows 0.9
Ruling from the Tomb 0.7
The Rules of the Game 0.7
War Zone 0.8
Average: 0.8

Week 4
Appearances and Other Deceits 0.6
Average: 0.6

I was worried when looking at the second weeks ratings, but the third weeks ratings dispelled my worries. Of course, you gotta remember that in the second week, Crusade was facing off against original prime time programming, not re-runs like it did in the first week.

I was also surprised that War Zone did as well as it did. That also was the first time that I had ever seen that episode. It was bad, but at least there were some good parts about it.

Overall, Crusade did great. Loved the way it came up ahead some of Sci-Fi's original programming. The important thing, though, is that it's ratings, overall, were as good as B5's. And that was on a PRIME TIME slot, not syndicated slot like B5. Much more viscious competition than what B5 has. So Crusade in fact did better than B5.

And let's not forget that the ratings that B5 got are what got us Rangers. The future for Crusade does indeed look good.

------------------

Oh honey, if you took any part of my post as an insult, I am deeply sorry. I was just telling you you didn't need to be upset with yourself and eat crow at all. (I noticed the respond with quote and my name in your last post. i guess ya changed your mind)

I am glad the show did well in the ratings and I am hoping it comes back because I miss it.

Anything you say Captain Honey. I would never insult my Captain.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Oh, don't worry. I'm not offended. Just stating that I'm not yours. Lochley's got me firmly on her leash. :p

Getting back on the subject of ratings, I just lifted this off the Sci-Fi Channel website. I believe it's for the 3rd week the show aired, though I'm not sure of that.

#1 Invisible Man 1.0
#2 Crusade 0.9
#3 John Edward 0.9
#4 Babylon 5 0.8
#5 Farscape 0.8
#6 Nightmare 13th Floor 0.8
#7 Pumpkinhead 0.8
#8 They Nest 0.8
#9 The Outer Limits 0.8
#10 Howling 3 0.7

Crusade was #2 behind only The Invisible Man!!! As good as knowing what the ratings are, it's always better to know how it compares to other shows. And being the SECOND highest rated show for the week CERTAINLY must've impressed the Sci-Fi people. It even beat out Farscape! (It was a re-run, I know, but so was Crusade.) I also think this is the first time that Babylon 5 beat Farscape, as well. (Though don't hold my feet to the fire on that. I don't check every week)

If Crusade, a show screwed over in many ways by TNT and in re-runs could reach the #2 spot, imagine how well an ALL-NEW show, WITHOUT TNT interference would do. Let's just hope that the people at Sci-Fi Channel are thinking of that possibility, themselves.

------------------

How did John Edward beat B5? I hate that show. Babylon 5 is much better. John Edward only talks to the dead Lorien brings them back from the dead.

------------------
What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet .. go 'quack'?"

"Cats."

"Cats. I'm being nibbled to death by cats."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Matthew Gideon:
Oh, don't worry. I'm not offended. Just stating that I'm not yours. Lochley's got me firmly on her leash. :p
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sob . . . bummer. Well one can fantasize.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Number 2? Wow.

I agree though, Lorien bring em back from the dead. LOL

I think Edwards is a fake, but I cain't prove it. Oh well. I have watched the show though, once or twice.

Whereas I watch B5 everynight and then some.

Ahhhhh taste, go figure.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Capt. Gideon, I'm on Webtv, too! I had problems with long threads when I had the Classic box, but now I have the Plus box & no longer have problems.

I *love* how well B5 & Crusade are doing on SFC--actually, TNT must be eating crow now!
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

Yeah, why is that? I'm still clueless as to why this board shuts off my WebTV when I try to post on a long thread. No matter. I've got a computer, now, and as soon as I get my ducks in a row I'll be using the computer with DSL and ditch the WebTV.

As for TNT, they're just nibbling that crow right now. Now if Crusade were to be picked up by Sci-Fi, well...

...TNT would just have to swallow that crow WHOLE, now, wouldn't they?

------------------

That's fantastic! I admit I was amazed that companies actually WANT to know what viewers think, and it does actually sway their decisions as to where to advertise. I am ashamed of myself looking at your number of letters and emails and such. Lets just hope that there is some place for "Crusade" at Sci-Fi. I'm grateful they will be doing a tv movie and possibly a series, its ABOUT TIME! And sci-fi is the network to do it.

------------------

Don't be ashamed madam, you did your part. I went overboard.

As you will be able to tell as you hang around on this board for a while, all of it, even the B5 and Rangers, and god forbid, off topic stuff, I am a wee bit on the obsessed side.

I just hate to see Gary Cole pop on TV and then pop off. I mean American Gothic was danged good. And to be blunt I was so upset that I did not get to see it when it was TNT's project (TNT may they rest in Peace, TT isn't helping them much lately, their format has really gotten bad), I wasn't sure what to do. So I just dove in -- fingers first -- I'm a patent law secretary by profession, so typing well, each one was a different letter, so I had my typers cramps. LOL

And it seems to have paid off, Crusade did well in the ratings individually as well as matched up against the Sci Fi channel's other fare. The meanderings over there are hopeful at this point in time.

Glad to see ya on the board, love the name Hypatia by the way.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

smile.gif
I admit I'm holding out hope for a revival of "Crusade". The characters were remarkable, possibly the most interesting mix of characters I've ever seen. Lets just hope all of your letter writing will pay off! You should get an award, or something, for that kind of effort! If you are going to "obsess" over something, make it a JMS project.

------------------

I believe the best hope for a revival of Crusade in any form to be in the new spin off series... we'll probably see the characters pop up here and there, and don't forget, Lyta was in the pilot and came back to be in the regular cast by season 4... maybe Galen, the wandered, or Dureena have the potential to pop up someone in the new Legend of the Rangers series (if it comes about... which looks good or I don't believe JMS would have even mentioned it as a possibility...)

Wow, I'm damn good with run on sentences.

------------------
"According to the translation, its either an aphrodesiac or a floor wax... I can't decide if its worth the risk." -- Michael Alfredo Garibaldi
www.PhillyMusic.com
www.FluxServe.com

It's not from lack of trying on our part. Believe me. I joined Sci Fi to keep track of it and I do part time stuff for them with no pay just to be part of it and keep track of their line ups. It's fun actually, I am not complaining.

And they know how I feel. Eeek, I wrote a rather short but to the point letter about Crusade and actually got praise for it which made me glow. Really glow.

Anyway, we will know soon as there are other things going on currently which will leave unfilled space.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Praise? I got COUPONS from many of the companies I wrote to with my thanks for their sponsoring "Crusade". I've saved a mint on my Campbell's products!
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Praise? I got COUPONS from many of the companies I wrote to with my thanks for their sponsoring "Crusade". I've saved a mint on my Campbell's products!
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine comes from the Sci Fi channel itself. Which is why I appreciate it so much. I meant nothing by it other than it was the first time I had ever really decided to work hard for a TV show. And it maybe that my help, albeit small, may help. I wrote over 12,000 letters and emails. I have faithfully watched every message board and site to keep up, I have personally done marketing for Sci Fi locally prior to the airings, and I have helped do extra marketing by contacting people after the airings in the jurisdictions covered by my area. And I never saw the original TNT airings as I did not have cable at the time.

My nickname is "have soapbox will travel" which oddly suits me.

Good for you on the coupons though, I wrote numerous letters to Pampers and their marketing company thanking them for the wonderful commercial the Rod Stewart one "Forever Young", and letting them know that I would buy their product if I had any need for it just because of the commercial.

They sent me mega bucks in coupons which I gave to a co-worker for a baby shower. I guess it pays.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

[This message has been edited by GideonsMine (edited May 15, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlipperPA:
I believe the best hope for a revival of Crusade in any form to be in the new spin off series... we'll probably see the characters pop up here and there, and don't forget, Lyta was in the pilot and came back to be in the regular cast by season 4... maybe Galen, the wandered, or Dureena have the potential to pop up someone in the new Legend of the Rangers series (if it comes about... which looks good or I don't believe JMS would have even mentioned it as a possibility...)

Wow, I'm damn good with run on sentences.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have a Rangers series either. Only a movie at this point in time.

And according to my sources at the channel itself, Crusade is on the block and may be revived if JMS is willing.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Back