• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS on Syndication

Lyta

Well, it seems that JMS has revised his previous statement about when we can expect to see Jeremiah in syndication. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Jul.20.2001
<font color="orange">Yes, it will eventually be syndicated, but not for about 2 years.</font color>

Nov.16.2002
<font color="orange">JMS before Jeremiah started up, you said that it would probably be going into syndication the following season. Is it still going to be syndicated?

No, I said it'd go international a year later; the syndication aspect in the US won't happen for, I think, 3 more years, to give Showtime the maximum window on it.</font color>

Well, at least is going to be syndicated at some time. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Probably Jeremiah will get much more fans with syndication since are so many people that don't have the premiuns channels or are not so interested on them. We could say there is light at the end of the tunnel. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

...law of averages?

I always thought it was a little silly to say things about syndication before you even knew if your show was going to make it past the first year...

So, another three years and we are just entering the second season ... can we read between the lines that Jeremiah might be a 5 year story? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If JMS can save the galaxy in 5 years, I'm sure he can handle one measley little planet in the same amount of time.

Why syndication? There would be commercials and it would have to be a sanitized version and how many times can Kurdy say "Oh, darn!" anyway? Why not take "The Sopranos" (because, hey, "Jeremiah" is
The Sopranos" of the genre) route: DVD, baby! Yeah! A nice anamorphic widescreen transfer, that Dolby 5.1 soundtrack. Shweet. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DVDs would be a much more interesting route for me as well since I am not all that interested in seeing a watered down version of Jeremiah. Sure, I will watch it just to see how well it works but the DVDs will be what I will be excited about.

However, I have a suspicion that Showtime's syndication deal has a similar clause for the DVD release as well. I just hope they release the first season within the next year so they can expand the fan base which will hopefully get new subscribers to see the new episodes. *crosses her fingers*

I think they'd really be fools not to. I mean, look at how well the Sopranos model has been working (of course, though, The Sopranos really garnered much more "buzz" than Jeremiah ever did...)

When DVD decision time comes around the decision will be the distributor's (MGM) more than Showtime's. And the lion may wanna chew on this:
The Amazon.com sales rank for ...

The Sopranos Season One DVDs - 44
The Sopranos Season Two DVDs - 83
The Sopranos Season Three DVDs - 30

... for MGM's own "Stargate" ...
Season One - 219
Season Two - 186

... and for Babylon 5 ...
Season One - 35

The point: JMS will sale on par with "The Sopranos" and better than what MGM is currently getting. Since JMS has already been requested to write 13 of the 15 eps for season 2 of Jerry, I'm thinkin' that someone is already feelin' the JMS-love.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just recently got hooked up on dish network and when deciding what package i wanted to order i picked up showtimes block of channels for the sole purpose of tuning into some new JMS.

Does anyone know if ANY of the showtime channels are gonna re-run the first season??? There's only like 4 or 5 channels so i'm sure they could find time on one of em that way i can catch up to where they are at in the story.

Sinc.
Jerome

The only channels I am aware of that are airing Jeremiah is Showtime and Showtime Beyond. I don't have SB in my Showtime cable package so I have to admit that I don't check their schedule very often.

They just started repeating season one again earlier this month and I cannot find Jeremiah on their schedule for January. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope it is just an error on their web site otherwise I am going to have to call them. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I just saw this posted in Showtime's Help section:

<font color="orange">Why isn't Jeremiah repeated at some point during the week? And will the entire season be rerun?

Thank you for your comments. We value all the comments we receive from our subscribers and we're glad you took the time to share your opinions with us. I am forwarding your email to the programming department, as they should be aware of the strong viewer support of this show. Encore episodes will be on hiatus for the month of January 2003.</font color>

No reason why is given. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PS: Don't forget to rate this answer since the higher the rating, the more likely it will show up in searches and the index. I am pretty sure you can vote more than once too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back