• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS last post

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>-JMS- I'm also giving some thought to doing a couple of convention appearances this
year. I took the last almost two years off all major cons because I always
feel kinda awkward being up there just on my own, I much prefer to be talking
about something outside me, like a show.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know for you, but this decision look like a great "public relation" campaign for... who knows ?
laugh.gif

Oups ! I think GKE will hate me on that, digging WAY too deep in the 'Maybe' and the 'Perhaps' worlds...
lol.gif

Anyway ... those kind of little details keep me alive in my waiting...

------------------
"You are all in violation of security ordinance 22V3A. That means get the hell out of here!
"
- Zack

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Oups ! I think GKE will hate me on that, digging WAY too deep in the 'Maybe' and the 'Perhaps' worlds... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smile.gif

Look, people, how the mighty GKarsEye inspired fear in the hearts of messageboard posters. Fear me, for I am magnificent and annoying.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

If it's a public relations campaign, it's a PR campaign for Jeremiah.

Rangers isn't even a series.

Jeremiah is up to season two in filming, I think. It has millions of dollars behind it, and some Really Big Names. Jeremiah is Hella Important.

Rangers is not. Yet.

Keep the flame alive.
wink.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

[This message has been edited by channe (edited February 14, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaribaldiHairs:
I don't know for you, but this decision look like a great "public relation" campaign for... who knows ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you grasping for Rangers news? Maybe you are on the right track but my bet is that he will be out promoting Jeremiah since that is a sure deal and has a lot of power/money behind it.

I also find it interesting that he keeps mentioning progress with Polaris but not a peep about Rangers. Hrmf. Maybe he simply cannot talk about whatever negotiations but I don't want to assume anything at this point.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
If it's a public relations campaign, it's a PR campaign for Jeremiah.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*mumbles something about great minds*

------------------
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

He's probably on a slippery slope.

Maybe he can say things, maybe he can't. Maybe he's just choosing not to, knowing as he fully well does that there's a LARGE fan base for Rangers that would go through every little thing he said with a fine-toothed comb and quibble endlessly about his use of the word "maybe."
smile.gif

Come on, admit it, we'd all do it.

Honestly, at this point, I think it's really not doing anybody good to speculate on the fate of Rangers. There's time. It wasn't rejected outright. There is most definitely time.

Jeremiah, however, is pressing. Episodes to write, a show to run. A multi-million dollar show. There's a lot riding on Jeremiah - not only the show, but his skin, as well. I've heard a lot of talk about "oh, JMS was a one-hit wonder," etc., etc. I'm no insider, and it's definitely secondary to the cool stuff being said about him - but it's there.

Now, imagine what might, and would, happen if Jeremiah is a runaway success. Extrapolate.

Now, I will quit trying to analyze the life and career of a guy I've never met and crawl back into the place from whence I came with a sheepish grin on my face and a firm conviction that I'll wake up tomorrow with bakana correcting me yet again.
wink.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Fear me, for I am magnificent and annoying.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, one out of two ain't bad.
smile.gif

Jeremiah isn't filming season two, they're approaching the end of season one. (They'll probably wrap production for the year in March.) Showtime won't make a decision about a second season until they see what the reaction to S1 is like.

You know, as soon as I saw JMS's post on the newsgroup I knew that the "tea-leaf readers" (
smile.gif
) would be at it again, trying to read something about the fate of Rangers into this message. I'd have to say this tells us nothing whatsoever about Rangers based on the simple fact that is says nothing whatsoever about Rangers.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
smile.gif

You know, as soon as I saw JMS's post on the newsgroup I knew that the "tea-leaf readers" (
smile.gif
) would be at it again, trying to read something about the fate of Rangers into this message. Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, G'KarsEye can be magnificently annoying, though he is often bested by other people in that regard.
wink.gif

...and I believe they are actually the bone-casters and chicken-entrails readers. IIRC, there's a union.
smile.gif

With all the other stuff JMS has going on right now, I bet B5:LotR is the last thing he's thinking about.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
I also find it interesting that he keeps mentioning progress with Polaris but not a peep about Rangers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a big question for you all. The last time I "officially" heard of Polaris, it was a kind of secret name for a secret project. Is somebody know more about the exact nature (except that it's a tv series) of Polaris ? What's the series is about ? Actors ? Production team ? Plot ? etc.

Thanks !

(P.S. I don't say I suspect this Polaris codename to be a secret production of Ranger series
laugh.gif
)

------------------
"You are all in violation of security ordinance 22V3A. That means get the hell out of here!
"
- Zack

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
Look, people, how the mighty GKarsEye inspired fear in the hearts of messageboard posters. Fear me, for I am magnificent and annoying.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PFFT... what I fear is waking up in the morning with less than six...

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Polaris? I thought that was a MYTH... kinda like bigfoot... or eskimos

------------------
We are Gray. We stand between the
darkness and the light. I am Gray. I
stand between the candle and the star.
Is'hilzha venii... in Valen's name
Faith manages...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
smile.gif

Jeremiah isn't filming season two, they're approaching the end of season one. (They'll probably wrap production for the year in March.) Showtime won't make a decision about a second season until they see what the reaction to S1 is like.

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bird in the hand...and so on.

I'm assuming this may mean he'll make an appearance at Comicon (San Diego) since he's done it before.

Jeremiah is a "bird in the hand" that needs to be promoted as much as anything, particularly if the ultimate goal is to syndicate it outside Showtime.

Just because Showtime isn't a commercial network doesn't mean ratings and PR don't matter for renewal. I know this site is primarily focused on B5 stuff, but Jeremiah is probably very, very important to him.

------------------

Jeremiah isn't filming season two, they're approaching the end of season one. (They'll probably wrap production for the year in March.) Showtime won't make a decision about a second season until they see what the reaction to S1 is like.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, even if they are not filming for season two yet, they do appear to be making plans for it. They are promoting this "ASS Kicking" contest where you can appear in "a cameo (non-speaking) role during the second season". The second season is scheduled to start filming in "fall 2002" and if for any reason it is canceled or postponed, they will have to cough up $6K for the winner of their contest.

ShowTime will probably still gauge the reaction to Jeremiah before fully commiting to a S2 but as you can see above ... it is easy to read that they have at least two seasons in the bag.

PS: All quotes came from their Offical Contest Rules.

------------------

That show makes me consider signing up for Showtime.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

$6K is chicken feed for what is essentially an advertising/awareness campaign.

I wouldn't read it as meaning anything regarding Jeremiah's chances.

Showtime has had many a series not make second season.

(It's a good thing all those pay cable networks show things more than once. I saw an ad today telling me new episodes of Six Feet Under debut on the 3rd, too, and I really like that show)

Multiple runs are a beautiful thing.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
smile.gif

Look, people, how the mighty GKarsEye inspired fear in the hearts of messageboard posters. Fear me, for I am magnificent and annoying.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, one out of two, anyway...
wink.gif

(And no, I'm not talking about the "m" word...)

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SavantB5:
I'm assuming this may mean he'll make an appearance at Comicon (San Diego) since he's done it before.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think JMS usually heads to Comic-Con regardless of what he's doing, just because he enjoys it. 2001 -- the year I attended, naturally
smile.gif
-- was an exception. I'd bet that there would be some cons late in the spring or early in summer that he'd be looking at to promote Jeremiah, since by Comic-Con in August it would be close to finished its first run, if not finished.

------------------
Dave Thomer
This Is Not News

Maybe there's a secret message in JMS' misspelling of the word "stuff"--he spelled it as "stuph".

Just kidding!
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------
Tirk: Citizen G'Kar, Captain Martell would like to speak to you.
G'Kar: Of course. Love to stay. Can't. Have to go. Kiss-kiss. Love-love. Bye.

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back