• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS' future plans

JMS\' future plans

Assuming Jeremiah gets picked up, what does JMS' future work load look like?

Assuming Jeremiah does not get picked up, what does JMS' future work load look like?

Re: JMS\' future plans

That's a good question, Mondo Londo. I would sadly guess that comic books (I'm sorry, graphic art novels, or whatever they are called by politically correct standards these days) would be it.

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif (Again, I think I could use an emoticon for weeping at this point.) *Weeps*

Speaking of Polaris, anybody hear anything besides "some scripts have been submitted and everything's peachy?"

If Jeremiah gets picked up for year two, he'll probably stick on in his capacity as exec producer and do that until the show ends.

And comics.

He'll come up with something, I imagine.

I read he will be starting a new line of Spider-Man comics. I think the count will be somewhere between 15-18 per year for 2 years.

I am reading the last 3 Midnight Nations' (there were 12 total) and it is a great read/story.

Cerberus

Yes, Jade Jaguar, there is Polaris. Whatever the hell that actually IS! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Speaking of Polaris, anybody hear anything besides "some scripts have been submitted and everything's peachy?"

[/quote]
Actually, I don't think I had heard even that much. The everyting peachy either escaped my memory or is new to me.

I'm sorry, but I don't get into comic books. Graphic novels (in the politically correct lingo). And I still don't intend to pay an extra $40 a month just to get Showtime and Jerimiah. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Damned cable companies. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

I don't know if all comic books are "graphic novels". I am far from being an expert but I always though graphic novels were things like "Delicate Creatures". My interpretation of a GN is that they were written to be published 100 pages or more like Gaiman's "Stardust". When comic books collect a few issues into a novel form, those are called trade paperbacks. In this instance, issues #30-35 of ASM were collected into a TPB called "Coming Home".

When peeple like JMS write comics, they almost feel like they were written for the "novel" format even though they are written for the "single issue" format. I think Midnight Nation will be fun to read in TPB format instead of a chapter every two months. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I am not a comic book gal either but I do like Gaiman and JMS' writing in that medium. I admit it took a while to get used to reading a story in that fashion, but it was well worth it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Maybe I have it all wrong and things have changed since I started learning about this stuff but that is my understanding of things. Perhaps an expert will comment on this subject. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

well there is Polaris and I'm really interested to know what it is hopefully SFC isn't stupid enough to pass up.And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jeremaih does get renewed .I won't be thinking negative thoughts until the official word comes from showtime and of course there is always comic book writing. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

If Jeremiah gets picked up for year two, he'll probably stick on in his capacity as exec producer and do that until the show ends.

[/quote]

What's intriguing about Polaris is what you don't hear about it. As we've seen, Sci Fi is not shy about talking about a lot of shows they have in development, whether they are going to series or not. They have never mentioned this one.

I wonder if that means it is a long shot.

What's intriguing about Polaris is what you don't hear about it. As we've seen, Sci Fi is not shy about talking about a lot of shows they have in development, whether they are going to series or not. They have never mentioned this one.

I wonder if that means it is a long shot.

[/quote]
Possibly, however since they have not cast the show yet, so it will not be on before 2003. If they are planning on showing Polaris in the second half of 2003, they should start promoting it during next spring.

They might be waiting to hear about "Jeremiah."

If Jeremiah doesn't get a second season, they might consider JMS as having three failed shows in a row.

That would be two "shows." And a pilot/potential show. LoTR was never actually a show, just a single TV event. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I agree that the fact we hear almost nothing about Polaris is intriguing, but I am a bit more optimistic. I am thinking that perhaps they consider the concept so original, they want to keep it under wraps, so no imitators, ala DS9, can get the jump on it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I think Im past optomistic, and have moved on to realistic, after what I have seen the last several months. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I've moved on to pessimistic, after what I have seen the last several months. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

JMS is apparently in talks with the Sci-Fi Channel for a new show that he calls "Polaris." He's turned in a few scripts, but other than that there is apparently nothing going on.

That we know of.

"Commander, please. On the issue of galactic peace, I am long past innocence and fast approaching apathy."
Londo, Midnight on the Firing Line

[/quote]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back