• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS doesn't want CRUSADE?

Re: JMS doesn\'t want CRUSADE?

As I said, I wasn't one of the ones he was even talking about. As you can guess, I'm pretty ambivalent about Crusade.

------------------

I don't get you POT. JMS was right to call all fans who read between the lines of his posts dorks (If he did so, I'm not sure)
JMS has always been straightforward, saying anything he could. He never before worried about offending viewers. So there was no need to 'read between lines'.
He also never said things just to be seen as a nice guy.
So I don't think you will get your apology.

------------------
It takes a very logic and precise mind...

And I don't want an apology Lord Refer, but I do think that there are some people here that deserve one. This is public relations here, its just a good tactical move.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Power-Of-Ten:
I'm amazing? Heck GM, coming from a person with a 200+ I.Q. I'll take that as a compliment. By the way, do you think that Gideon (Gary Cole) was that attractive?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was 12. I understand even from the so called statistical post that it is not unusual for children (and I was just about 12 at the time) to test much higher than adult standards. It was thirty years ago. His statistics were founded in the past ten years and do not apply to the same testing standards when I was a child. My Mensa test has me at 185, still high by even the other posts standards.

He or she was saying that Star Trek was a simple minded show and that Star Trek fans were not rocket scientists. Whereas the standard of B5 fan is more intelligent. I'm sorry, it was an insult and I was offended. I responded in kind. Whether anyone else on that board was offended or not is not my concern. Star Trek and B5 are two different shows, thirty years apart. Star Trek was the industry standard for a long time, not Lost in Space or any of the smaller shows that individually never grew to the rabid fandom that Trek and now B5 have. Remember they cancelled Star Trek and we brought it back. Everywhere. And many shows have been appendages of the original Trek. Now I believe B5 has taken over that position on the top of the Sci Fi chart and I have never knocked a B5 fan, nor will I as I love the show too. There is more than enough room for both shows, it is just that certain "fans" will not allow it at least verbally. I would bet they secretly watch it, just won't admit it. LOL

As for being an amazing person you certainly are, many people that post on these boards and others have spent countless hours writing letters, emails, spoken out, and supported a show that yes on the surface appears "dead" (in your words). I personally have written over 14,000 letters to various people and organizations. Even to the point where I have volunteered my spare time (which I don't have much of) to the channel itself in their marketing department to keep an eye on things and to help in any way I could. I have never done this before in my life, but it is important to me "win or lose".

Even the creative breath of the show JMS made it abundantly clear that TNT pulled the plug and did immense damage. Sci Fi Channel has started to look at Crusade from a different perspective and maybe our hard work will help.

The problem is that when you knock the show, you also knock us for our efforts to keep a dream alive. You may not mean to, but that is the final result and possibly why others jump on you so bad. Although I don't believe you care, I think you like the controversy in the thread.

Since IQ numbers mean nothing (what does matter is how one uses his or her intelligence), I was only trying to make the point that I am not stupid and I do enjoy Trek. And I also love B5. My mother was only one that was proud of those numbers. It changed my life big time and I wasn't happy about it at the time. Probably still not but that's my problem.

And yes, I think Gary Cole is one very SEXY man. I also thought Michael O'Hare was knock your socks off sexy too. My top ten surprises a lot of people.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

I guess I'm right up there with the other "dorks". I did feel by reading JMS talking about all of his projects that he could squeeze "Crusade" in. But I thought I was being considerate, asking in one post "does he want it to die? If so, I'll stop fighting for it". I had absolutely no idea how easily I offend. I teach a Precalculus class online, and our online Dean keeps telling us over and over again "your words do NOT come across the same way in print in an email as you might think they do. You can easily offend when you don't know you are doing so. If I offended anyone, JMS especially, then I apologize. But I'm basically happy to hear this news. And I'll keep the letter writing up if there is another round of it. "Crusade" was a story that I wanted to see through. As long as JMS doesn't almost kill himself trying to do it!

------------------

P.S. If anyone thinks JMS was being harsh, have you ever heard Harlon Ellison? I love his 2000x series, but in interviews he really slams it to some people sometimes. But what a great author!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Power-Of-Ten:
Where did I say anything against B5? I happen to like B5. Why else would I be here?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because you're a dork, an idiot, a troll, someone with way too much time on their hands, someone with no life, a jerk, a twit, a rude self-worshipping-gutter-dwelling-son-of-a-pa'tok-with-delusions-of-Humanity, and not such a nice person.

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

Public Relations is excactly what I was talking about. I don't like things like that. People should buy products because they are good products, not because of good PR.
I don't care if JMS called me personally an idiot. I wouldn't stop buying B5 stuff, neither should anyone.

------------------
It takes a very logic and precise mind...

Hmmmmmmmm I can see by the various entries on this thread that it doesn't take much to incite a riot.

I don't care about the word "dork" one way or another, but I see Power of Ten's point on that issue. But JMS is human, we are people, not eggs, and I have never been one to apologize for every little word.

And no insult to you POT, again, I reiterate "why are you here"? This discussion board is a Crusade section.

And come on people I have never read POT say anything bad about B5. Will you all chill?

I have been insulted, called a liar, and have had my intelligence demeaned for liking Star Trek, duh. I am trying to chalk it up to the fact that your are faceless people that I will more than likely never meet. And I work very hard not to take it too personally, but I must admit it was way too much at that time. Of course, it has boomeranged, and with the typo I wish I had never mentioned it, but I just loved being told I was too stupid to be a B5 fan.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

To GM,

Its not like I don't want Crusade to come back. As I said, I'm pretty ambivalent about it on the whole. But in my mind, there's no other way to think of Crusade than as DEAD. I mean if more than a year or two passese since there was a first-run episode, then I call that DEAD! I'm not saying anything bad about the series itself, just its present status.

------------------

Thanks GM. As to why I am here, that simple... I had something to say.

------------------

Thanks GM. As to why I am here, that simple... I had something to say.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do people with nothing to say insist on saying it anyway?

------------------

By the way, I have not heard anything about the availability of the actors on "Crusade" lately. I know the Dr. is on another show right now. Considering the time needed even if SciFi does sponsor a revival of the series, would ANY of the original actors be available? Now , not even considering the vast time between any possible start date?

------------------

To Star,

I couldn't agree more.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
By the way, I have not heard anything about the availability of the actors on "Crusade" lately. I know the Dr. is on another show right now. Considering the time needed even if SciFi does sponsor a revival of the series, would ANY of the original actors be available? Now , not even considering the vast time between any possible start date?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrie (Dureena), Marjean (Doctor), Peter (Galen), and Daniel (Matheson) have all gone on record - that I've seen - as saying they would drop everything and return in a heartbeat. Marjean has said as much to the producers at BeastMaster, and they are very willing to work around her.

I do not know about Tracy, Gary, or David. I know Gary's working on a new series, and Daniel's been doing guest spots. I haven't seen any interviews with these 3 about whether they would return, but I would think David (Max) and Tracy (Lochley) would jump at the chance. Gary, who knows?

JDM you've got contacts ... Can you find out about Tracy Gary and David?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Star (edited May 18, 2001).]

Lord Refer,

Unfortunately, public relations is a way of life ... especially for those who are public figures. Sometimes, the most unintended comment can cause serious problems later on.
As to whether people should stop buying B5 merchandise because JMS called some fans dorks, well that's why we have public relations in the first place. And the good PR move would be to issue an general apology ... its never a bad idea to apologize, even if you think you did nothing wrong. If Nixon had apologized, chances are he might have finished out his term.

------------------

POT - you're obviously not wanted here, you do nothing but stir up trouble and post nothing worthwhile. Why are you here? What do you hope to gain?

------------------

POT - you're a lawyer, right? Did you bother reading the exact wording that was chosen? JMS did *NOT* call the person a dork. He said "it is a SIGN" ... JMS did not say "this person is a dork" he did not say "you are a dork" .. nothing close. And yet you continue to beat a dead horse.

GET A LIFE YOU DORK.

There, now someone's called you a dork. Happy?

------------------

Actually, maybe it is you who should go back re-read. What he said was that whomever posted ---- that it was a sign the he was a dork. In my book, that's just another way of saying "you are a dork." As far as your kind words of hospitality, I thank you for being the kind gentleman that you obviously are.

------------------

POT, I ask you again, since you've ignored it ... WHY ARE YOU HERE? What do you hope to gain?

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back