• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS Comics To Be Released

Lyta

For all you JMS comic fans ... here is the lastest from the Great Maker himself. Posted Dec 7th:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Just for those who've been asking, issue 9 of Midnight Nation, which was on hiatus while I caught up with work on Jeremiah and elsewhere, hits the stands this coming Wednesday the 12th. Ten has been turned in and is in progress, so the rest should be out on time.

The next Rising Stars issue is in pencils and moving along well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, it has been too long since I have gotten my MN or RS fix! Too bad I will be away this weekend (celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary in Van BC) otherwise, I would be trying to convert my site to my new design. It is a bitch trying to keep both versions updated.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | http://monica.hubbe.net/ | The Abyss : B5 | Seattle, WA
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

So, it's to the comics store with me this week.
laugh.gif
MN is great storytelling. Classic JMS, imo. And I really hope the Rising Stars screenplay stays on it's fastrack at the studio.

Anybody heard about that, btw?

And, most importantly, Happy Anniversary, Monica, and have a lovely time. I love Vancouver. It's a beautiful city.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Heya congrats on your 5th aniversary Monica!

Thats is weird quote well not weird but i thought I heard JMS say somthing different...

I thought he said that the next Rising Stars will be released this coming wednesday. But I heard nothing about the next Midnight nation til I read this thread...

hmmn that would be great if both books came out on the same day.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Ro, last I heard about the RS film was back in Augest when JMS posted some information about casting for it. I am afraid I don't keep up on it like some people...

Dev, well that quote came right from JMS' USENET posting in the moderated newsgroup. Here is a link just in case you want to see the original:
wink.gif

JMS' original post

Also, thanks to both of you for the congrats ... we had a wonderful time and I wish we had stayed for two nights instead of just one. We ate lots of wonderful food and I did some holiday shopping also. I even found the perfect holiday outfit for 40% off! Factor in the great exchange rate and it was quite the bargin.
smile.gif

*dances around happily in her new holiday dress*

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited December 09, 2001).]

Does anyone know if the second TPB collection of "Rising Stars" has been released yet? I've no local comic store, and also generally prefer collections anyway (I don't have to make sure that I've hauled out all of the issues in the right order to read the story and I know that I've got everything and not missed an issue!). I last asked in a comic store in about August and was told September (I think!). So, any ideas? This is for the UK, by the way, although I don't think that it makes much difference.

TIA

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delbert:
Does anyone know if the second TPB collection of "Rising Stars" has been released yet?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no sorry it should have already been released by now..damn delays delays.

I have also been waiting for the 2nd tpb..I lent the first tpb to some friends and got them hooked
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Well, Amazon.com has it listed as coming out on Dec. 12th but who knows how reliable that is. I will believe it when I see it at the comic shop.
wink.gif
I understand why there has been such a long delay but geesh! I hope something comes out soon on the RS front since I ordered it as a Holiday gift ...

It is like the last message JMS gave about Delicate Creatures which was on 11.11.2001 that said it would be coming "soon".

Well, whatever it takes to get my dose of JMS ... it just better be worth it!
laugh.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5

Thanks, Deviot & Lyta. Guess I'll just wait and have a look in a store come January. If my finances have recovered by then!

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back