• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS books reprinted early 2003?

Lyta

Here is a copy of his post:

Nov.10.2002
<font color="orange">Mr.Straczysnki, I am currently reading your novel "Othersyde". It is a wonderful novel, are you going to write anymore in the near future? I will try to read the other ones, if I can find them.

The drag is that I was a couple hundred pages into a new novel, mainstream, when the events of 9/11 happened and I had to spike the novel because everything that happened since that day (with a few minor variations) lined up pretty much with my book, which kills any chance of publishing it.

Takes a while to come back from looking at two-hundred-plus dead pages.

On a happier note, I'm in the process of signing a deal that will put all three of my novels, plus my anthology, back into print early next year.

jms</font color>

So, while I am disappointed to not get to read the new novel he had been working on, it will be good to see his work back in print.

Now, I have aquired most of his books so the three novels would be ... "Othersyde", "Demon Night" and "Tribulations"? Then the anthology would be "Outside the Box"? Strange because that one isn't out of print so is there another one that I am forgetting?

I hope I have all his novels on my Books by JMS page but if there is anything missing, I hope someone will clue me in. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I read "Othersyde". It wasn't bad, but it was nothing new if you've read a lot of Dean Koontz. The cutest part was of course, the kid's favorite tv show.

I was reading "Demon Night" but I just sort of fell out of it and didn't finish. Happens sometimes.

I really do believe he became a much more powerful writer during and after Babylon 5, although there are occasional lapses. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well, when you write as much as he did during that time, you get better. Usually. Practice makes perfect.

I wholeheartedly agree.

My point was: Don't get too excited, these two books are over a decade old and his storytelling was fairly straightforward at the time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back