• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS asks for help on a new Star Trek Show

Nope. This was on the Sci-Fi wire today. I suspect whoever posted it there didn't know (or didn't care) that JMS had already recanted.

As I got notices yesterday (from Google Alerts) about JMS's post, I wrote to each site that didn't also quote the retraction to make sure that they would. I'm not able to do that today so hopefully somebody else will.

Jan

Ultimately, since they've asked him once to run Enterprise, I would be surprised if Paramount doesn't eventually ask JMS to take the reigns of ST. That is, when they're ready to revisit it and have gotten B&B out of their respective contracts.

It does need a rest.

This new show he's been asked to run, however, sounds like something I want to know more about.

CE

BTW, sorry I've been away for a while, folks! Missed you all!

Even Markas :D

I am one person who feels that Trek needs a rest. It's been going on in various incarnations for 40-plus years now, & many series hardly get out of the gate before they are cancelled. Time to let something else take its' place, maybe...B5? :D

Actually, if JMS did Trek I would watch it just to see what he would do with it. Otherwise, Trek had a good, long run. Let it rest.

Tammy

I agree Trek needs a rest. Though once it comes back, JMS is the man for the job. As for his comments on being involved with a new show for 2006. Did anyone else notice that is also when the new Star Wars tv show is supposed to start up?

Well, no more movies at that point... there will always be books, however, and as Timothy Zahn's writing some of them I have no objections.

By 2006, Star Wars is gonna be the franchise that needs a break.
IMO by the time Jar-Jar Binks hit the big-screen was when the franchise needed a break...

Mmmmm, frankly that was one franchise that was probably best suited to NOT pull a Michael Jordan............it should have quit while it was legendarily ahead.

G'Kar: I am never premature.

Londo: Really? That's not what I've heard.

Kah. I just thought about how many Centauri women G'Kar was with. And how many of them were also with Londo. *shudders*

P.S: Don't bring up anatomy. G'Kar would make it work somehow....

Would G'Kar actually hook up with any Centauri females? I know he has a bit of a thing for human females (as per Na'Toth's telling thusly), but I don't know about Centauri.

Would G'Kar actually hook up with any Centauri females? I know he has a bit of a thing for human females (as per Na'Toth's telling thusly), but I don't know about Centauri.

In "Soul Mates" G'Kar knows one of Londo's wives a little too well. In Season 5 G'Kar flirts with the Centauri women.

Although G'Kar will chase anything in a skirt his liking for Earth women may be because they look like Centauri women.

Although G'Kar will chase anything in a skirt his liking for Earth women may be because they look like Centauri women.
...and Earth women were probably more...Let's say "compatible" with him than the Centauri women are.

(Why do we always go toward NC-17? Don't answer that....)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back