• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jerry Doyle, radio star!

Have you heard of the assassination of Engelbert Dollfuss?

• Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ney!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What Jerry is talking about

Hi,

Jerry is talking about several issues.
<ul type="square">[*] Railing against "pork projects", money spent on local issues, during a time of war and with a huge deficit.
[*] Calling for armoring Hummvees. (Well, contrary to what Jerry is saying, Hummvees and other un-armored vehicles are being rapidly armored.)
[*] Collecting money for Robert Loria, a soldier that was injured but had to repay travel expenses. They collected money, but after some congressmen got involved the soldier didn't have to pay. (Some error was made apparently.)
[*] The old re-ocurring theme of how liberal left and radical right is making a mess for the moderate middle.
[/list]
I haven't listened as much lately. If I hear more points, I'll edit this post. If there's anything B5-related, I'll make a new topic in the B5.personnel forum.

Well, if you want to hear it, and have an AM/FM receiver hooked up to a VCR, or DVD recorder, you can record it by setting the receiver to FM, tuning the station, setting the recorder to line input, and programming the time.

Space

Jerry last night was talking about how the astronauts are being held back from going to space. He knows people at Johnson Space Center.

Jerry Doyle says he hasn\'t been offered a role yet

In response to a caller who is watching the DVDs, he said that

- to his knowledge none of the original cast have been invited back yet.
- he doesn't get any royalties from the DVDs.
- he's going to attend the shuttle launch.

Gah! Valen on a pogo stick!

My computer is auto-recording the Jerry Doyle show every night and saving it to my harddrive. Last night, I decided to go to bed early and switch off my computer to get rid of the noise it makes (CPU fan and and video card fan. My neighbour had his computer go through the ultra-silent treatment with cooling ribs and insulation. But I digress.). I can usually sleep well with it on, but I thought "I've listened to him a lot lately, I wouldn't matter if I missed just one show".

Wrong! I found this post, which says that Stephen Furst was on last night and that they talked about TMoS.

Valen on a pogo stick! :mad: Why does this kind of thing happen?..Perhaps I should buy a membership on the Jerry Doyle website so I can listen to archived shows?

Hilarious caller: \"Hi Jerry, you coward!\"

Jerry had just talked to the Mayor of Marquette county, Kansas, and after that talked to a listener who answered his trivia question on hockey and won a prize.

JD: Allright I've got a caller out there that says he wants to talk about ME. He has problems with me. So we're gonna' go to New York city and talk with David. David, you're on the program.

Caller: Yeah, Hi Jerry, you coward.

JD: Oh, how so?

Caller: Yeah, well, you're afraid of me. You're afraid of my comments.

JD: You're on the air. How could I be afraid of you, you're on the air. Let's go with the obvious first.

Caller: (Unintelligeble) won't put me on the air because you're afraid of what I might say, you know...

JD: You're on the air, stupid!

Caller: Yeah, well, first of all, before I get to you let me say

JD: Yeah

Caller: Regarding Marquette county, Kansas: I'm sorry Mr Piper [mayor of Marquette county], most people are not interested in living in Nowhereville, Kansas and becomming tornado bait. HEHEHEHE!

Producer: (Plays clip of song "Wanna talk about me, wanna talk about I")

JD: (Laughing) Dave

[Snip, snip. Caller confused about wether the land was free]

[Snip, snip. Caller asking why building a home on tornado land]

Caller: Now let me get to you.

JD: (laughing) OK, get to me.

Caller: You like to diss everybody in Hollywood but you used to be in the Hollywood crowd. Now, because your acting carreer is over, ah, a failure

JD: (Over caller) oh, a failure?

Caller: ah, ah, that pathetic, ah, rotten series Babylon 5 which -- I am a science fiction fan, but I never watched that show because it sucked. He.

JD: I see, you never watched it, but it sucked. OK. Good, keep going. Feel free to beat me up, go ahead.

Caller: I saw part of one episode for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, and I never tuned in again, it was horrible science fiction.

JD: Thank you.

Caller: It was no Star Trek, believe me, it was very bad, BAD, "sci-fi", ha, ha, HEHE!

JD: Thank you. Appreciate it, anything else you wanna' add, as long as you're in such a good mood?

Caller: So you had to fall back on talk radio after your acting career was over, huh? Now you wanna diss the people in the same industry that you used to be a part of?

JD: I was never a part of.. I worked there. There's a difference between bcomming a part of the fabric of the insanity, and using it to have a little fun, make a little money, and then move on and do something else. And when I realised, David, that Hollywood was no longer the place for me, and when I realised that I could no longer try and get any attention, respect or employment from people who I had no respect FOR, then it was time for me to move on. And the all-lovable liberal Hollywood big-tent open arms when I decided to run for Congress in 2000 as a Republican said: "You can't be a Republican, I like you!" And that's when I knew, these people were truly delusional. Much like yourself.

Caller: Would you just please admit that you're jealous of them?

JD: Jealous of who?

Caller: Hello?

JD: Who would I be jealous of? Name one person I would be jealous of.

Caller: You're jealous of successful Hollywood actors and television actors, who are, you know, they are starring in major programs (...)[tries to get point accross here]

Caller: Nobody's gonna' remember you and your pathetic television sci-fi show, and come on...

Producer: (Plays soundclip: "How about a little less questions and a little more SHUT THE HELL UP?")

JD: I know, David you're right. I had a pathetic career. I was only on TV and film for 12 years. I only made 50 grand a week. (...) I guess I was a miserable failure on Wall Street, and I was certainly horrible when I was in the jet business. So, you know what David, I'm glad you called because I come now to truly understand what a failure I am (...) I'm probably gonna' have to call on you on a regular basis to remind me of what a pathetic existence I have, what a failure I am as human being, and how I need people like you to remind me of that, to ground me, to keep me centered and understanding, that if I really strive and really work at it, that I can become as enlightened as you are. And that gives me hope, David.

(Snip, snip. Caller starts rambling about a Spanish language movie about a plane crashing into a building, etc. Jerry responds. They talk about the movie.)

JD: No, David, I've gotta go, I'm comming up on a break here. I apprechiate you taking your time, and tell your nurse it's been fun. 800-876-4123! Jerry Doyle, the pathetic loser, the horrific existence that I lead, the miserable failure that I am, WILL BE RIGHT BACK.

Nelson from "The Simpsons": HA! HA! (played by the producer)

Barry Manilow specia on the Jerry Doyle show

Last night became some kind of Barry Manilow and ABBA special on the Jerry Doyle show. He played "Mandy" :eek: :LOL:

Still didn't beat Angel singing it in Lorne's Karaoke club. :p

Re: Barry Manilow specia on the Jerry Doyle show

Still didn't beat Angel singing it in Lorne's Karaoke club.

Squee!! I love Angel's love of Barry and "Mandy." David Boreanaz, though a rather sexy lookin man, can do geekiness so incredibly well.

Wait, VL. Did you just say that sexy men can't be geekish? Because that would also mean that geeks can't be sexy men. Speaking on behalf of all geeks, I await your reply eagerly....

Personally, my favorite bit of that episode is when Angel talks to Faith about having to sing.

Wait, VL. Did you just say that sexy men can't be geekish? Because that would also mean that geeks can't be sexy men.

I would think the example of David Boreanaz is a decent example of a sexy man who's got some geekiness in him. A lot of people, in attempts to emphasize their sexiness, try to stamp out all geekiness thinking that if the geekiness is repressed it won't have the opportunity to show up and take attention away from their sexy qualities. But anyone who wants to be a balanced person will have both sides in their character and not try to emphasize one at the expense of the other.

Gently, my brother. The Vacant One has explained himself to my satisfaction. No need for things to get rough.

Can someone explain to me what could possibly be special about Barry Manilow? I sometimes wish I could play his records over the library PA system late at night, to clear the building, so I could go home. Or, does anyone know if he ever did a duet with Wayne Newton? That would probably drive the mice and insects out of the building as well. :eek: :D

I like Barry Manilow. Weekend in New England is a very beautiful song.

Re: Hilarious caller: \"Hi Jerry, you coward!\"

The Jerry Doyle show is now giving the wacky callers the soundboard treatment.
John Kimle: "I'm gonna ask you a bunch of questions, and I want them IMIDIATELY!"

or

Judge Judy: "Hello!?"

If you've heard the prank calls and seen the soundboard, you know what I mean. :LOL:

EDIT: BTW, in case you missed it: Jerry has severed his ties to the Republican party, and is now going as an independent. I love it! :cool:

Talked about possible actors strike

SAG are demanding higher residuals from games. Protesting at E3 (the computer/video game convention). Jerry Talked about it, and asked the listeners wether they would be right to expect to be paid for doing DVD commentaries and interviews. I think most of us say "yes" to that one. But keep in mind that there's a lot of other talent going into making video games than simply making the DVD documentaries and commentaries.
My computer dropped off the network during the show, so I only got the first few minutes of that one.

Re: Hilarious caller: \"Hi Jerry, you coward!\"

The Jerry Doyle show is now giving the wacky callers the soundboard treatment.
John Kimle: "I'm gonna ask you a bunch of questions, and I want them IMIDIATELY!"

or

Judge Judy: "Hello!?"

If you've heard the prank calls and seen the soundboard, you know what I mean. :LOL:

EDIT: BTW, in case you missed it: Jerry has severed his ties to the Republican party, and is now going as an independent. I love it! :cool:

Good for Jerry! I guess he finally realized that the Republicans are becoming too extremist. I know that he doesn't like the religious-right part of the party, so it's about time! :)

Tammy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back