• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jerry Doyle in Rangers ???

Hehe .. let's unleash the rumor beast. I just found on FilmForce a short interview with Jerry Doyle...

Jerry @ FilmForce

and one question retained my attention:

What is your next project?

amongst other answer we can found:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I've also got a series that I'm up for – that I'd rather not talk about until it happens, if it happens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man ! Ok it's probably of no value, but my hopes just started to grow drastically
laugh.gif

What you guys think of that ???

Long life to Mr Garibaldi !!!

------------------
"You are all in violation of security ordinance 22V3A. That means get the hell out of here!
"
- Zack

[This message has been edited by GaribaldiHairs (edited February 07, 2002).]

Very, very doubtful.

The quote makes it sound as if he was up for a regular spot on a series, and what JMS has said has seemed to indicate that occasional guest appearances are all he's got in mind for the B5 characters (except for G'Kar) on Rangers.

Plus I'd guess that even those guest appearance spots are very much open at this point when there is no certainty of even having a series.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Garibaldi once or twice on a Rangers series either!
cool.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

There is no Rangers series, so the discussion is moot. Will be intresting to see what Jerry is up to though.

------------------
MPAA: Rated R for bad language, crude humor,
language, sexuality/nudity and drug content.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The quote makes it sound as if he was up for a regular spot on a series, and what JMS has said has seemed to indicate that occasional guest appearances are all he's got in mind for the B5 characters (except for G'Kar) on Rangers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that's including G'Kar. He wouldn't be a regular cast member on Rangers.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
Actually, that's including G'Kar. He wouldn't be a regular cast member on Rangers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the wording JMS used at some point was that he would be a "semi-regular", i.e. indicating more than just a single guest appearance along the way.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
and what JMS has said has seemed to indicate that occasional guest appearances are all he's got in mind for the B5 characters (except for G'Kar) on Rangers[/i<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not necessary a fixed decision. Everything may change, especially after all the feedbacks of the pilot, you can be sure that JMS idea of the serie NOW is most likely WAY different than last year.

IMHO, Jerry Doyle is known to be probably the most enthusiastic cast member of the original series. When Katsulas got the part for B5LR, Doyle was the very first "old friends" to personnaly call Katsulas and congratulate him. JMS know that, and I suspect anyway Garibaldi was one of his preferate character too.

At the end, Garibaldi is kind of the quiet "soul" of Babylon 5. The first aboard, and all way long, he was the last human being to leave the station before his destruction...

But most importantly (still IMHO), after Sheridan & Delenn, the old character that fit the most with a ranger based serie, it's really Garibaldi and his Edward Phar.

And knowing that Jerry Doyle is not the most active actor out there, the very strange coincidence that he's up and waiting for a new series he *can't talk about* and not sure it will happen...

I don't know, but everything seems so obvious to me.

But I agree the big problem now is not to know who may return in a new series, but IS a new series will even happen ?

My answer is: waiting for the green light is too depressing. I prefere arguing about if that cool Garibaldi is returning or not ...
laugh.gif

- Garibaldi's Hairs

------------------
"You are all in violation of security ordinance 22V3A. That means get the hell out of here!
"
- Zack

Garibaldi is one of the Least Likely characters to have much to do in Rangers.

He's now the head of a Major Multiplanetary corporation.
That's a 36 hour a day job.
He's not going to have a lot of Time to be running around the galaxy playing Ranger.

JMS said Rangers is a New Story.

All the "gee, but we Like Garibaldi" isn't going to change that.

I read Doyle's comments to mean that he is up for a possible Lead role in something totally unrelated to Babylon 5.
There's an rule in Hollywierd: You don't talk about projects until the Suits make tha announcement.
The suits Egos are involved.
People who talk out of school can find themselves being replaced by other actors.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
He's now the head of a Major Multiplanetary corporation.
He's not going to have a lot of Time to be running around the galaxy playing Ranger.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No ! I don't think myself that Garibaldi have ANY time to travel with the crew "far far away". I dont' mean he'll be a major and weekly character, because obviously he CAN'T travel with the crew.

But, as far as I know, Garibaldi act very closely with the President for major projects (like in Call To Arms), and I suspect by his nature to be constantly involved with "No.1" regarding intelligence and secret services.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's my impression ...

------------------
"
- Zack

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>He's now the head of a Major Multiplanetary corporation.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but his wife helps him out, and she could cover for him if he needs to appear in Rangers.

But it's clear that he wasn't referring to Rangers, and that he's looking at something else entirely.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Antony your comments are a little depressing you mean there isn't going to be a ranger series period.I'll ask again here do you know something we don't ?

------------------

If the crew of the Liandra runs into Bester, you can be sure that Garabaldi is on his trail.

------------------
-- IceFire

Guys, may I suggest decaf?
smile.gif

There has been a whole raft of posts on various boards lately where people are trying to tease secret clues out of every little statement or event.

"They updated the Rangers web-page, I'll be this means there's going to be a series" (or at least "...means there's still a chance") Jerry Doyle mentions he's up for a TV series and can't talk about, everybody's measuring him for a Rangers uniform. Antony says that there currently isn't a series (which is a literal fact, there is no series until Sci-Fi says there is) and everybody is taking this to mean that the decision has been made and there will never be a series.

People - relax. Yes, we all have a great interest in the fate of a Rangers series, but the entire rest of the universe doesn't, and every casual word, action or gesture does not contain a hidden meaning.

The website pictures may have been updated because its been on some poor shlub's "to-do" list since the beginning of January and he's just now getting around to it.

All actors are perpetually up for parts, all of which they believe they are going to get, in projects they always believe are going to get a greenlight. The nature of the job, with its uncertainties and constant rejection, requires this kind of mental attitude if the actor isn't to go totally insane.

But Doyle's project is as likely a pilot some writer or director is trying to interest a studio in as it is a series that is in serious development. And it is routine for projects to remain secret for a time. Any new series just starting the development process is going to be one that Doyle can't publicly talk about.

Antony has cryptically advised us not to expect an answer soon - based on what information he hasn't said. I've said don't expect an answer soon based on the fact that the movie wasn't a huge ratings hit, and that decisions that aren't clear-cut often take time. Now Antony simply reminds us that there is no series yet, and people are acting like the sky is falling.

Stop trying to read the tea-leaves. It is a good way to develop ulcers. We'll find out when we find out, and we'll find out in either a press release from Sci-Fi announcing the new series or a usenet post from JMS saying there won't be one. Anything apart from those two sources is rumor at best, even if it says something definite. If it doesn't say something definite - if it doesn't even address the "yes or no" question on Rangers at all - there is no point analyzing it to pieces to find "clues". Even if we think we've found one it will be useless without confirmation, and just kick off another round of tedious speculation.

Watch the reruns, read the books, analyze the movie. But don't try to predict the future, especially from this kind of "evidence"

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

But I like my Hazelnut caffinated
frown.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
There is no Rangers series, so the discussion is moot. Will be intresting to see what Jerry is up to though.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Antony,

Do you mean that, right now, as of this minute, since there is no official word one way or the other from Sci-Fi that there is no series? Or have you heard something unofficially that isnt released yet?

Reason for asking is that you worded it like you knew something. Jerry's comments on the interview say that he is waiting on a series, but doesnt want to comment until it happens IF it happens. So whatever project he is waiting for is in the stage of deciding if there is going to be a series or not (kinda like Rangers is). This is probably why people were thinking he may be talking about Rangers in some way, shape or form.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
People - relax. Yes, we all have a great interest in the fate of a Rangers series, but the entire rest of the universe doesn't, and every casual word, action or gesture does not contain a hidden meaning.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, I understand what you're saying.

But we are currently in a Ranger forum. The pilot have been aired. We have discussed on EVERY little details of EVERY shot in the film. We know the ratings were low. And we are waiting to see if SciFi is cool.

Now, what do you want to talk about ??? We are currently in the phase of *waiting* for a green light. That mean trying to foreseen the result.

If you don't like this kind of gossip, just don't read it ! On my side, this is the only current pleasure I get from waiting.

- Garibaldi's Hairs

------------------
"
- Zack

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back