• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jedi Knights

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Bester:
Yes they're alike considering that both the Jedi and Anla'shok were derived from the Lensman an elite order of galactic guardians empowered by a higher force to battle that force's enemy and enforce the common good. The Anla'shok are indirectly empowered by the vorlons to fight the shadows while the Jedi are empowered by the force to fight the darkside.

Angelsummers- Wrong! According to the EU the last time they did it pre-ot was when they wiped out the new sith sect headed by Sith Lord Kaan which ended in one jedi and Darth Bane and his apprentice as the only survivors. Or according to ep2 spoilers it was during the clone war when they got slaughtered by Super Battledroids in the stadium at Genosis. Post-OT it was when the Yuzzhan Vong invaded.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Bester, please be more precise in what you're saying because I don't get what you're saying at all. What is EU? European Union is space? Post OT? Lord Kaan, Darth Bane, Super Battledroids?

Sorry if I sound derogatory. I don't even know what you're contradicting me in.

If it is about the Jedi forming an army, well, less than a hundred can hardly be called an army, that's what I'm trying to say. Not to mention it goes against their mindset.

Dark Lord, you're twisting all you've seen into making Jedi hypocrites. Since when did they say Jedi don't do bad things? You have to look at the whole picture. The Jedi are sw0rn to protect. And it means covert operations, [lying] rescue missions [killing], and duh!!!! The force is not a known thing like physics. Of course they have to argue how to use it. The main guidelines is to use it for knowledge and defense. Don't tell me you rather let someone shoot your mother than at least try to immobilize that guy first. The Jedi try to control not discard anger, fear and hatred. Because through those emotions, you can cross the line and do bad things with good intentions.

------------------
May the light of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha protect you.

May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AngelSummers:
Dark Lord, you're twisting all you've seen into making Jedi hypocrites. Since when did they say Jedi don't do bad things? You have to look at the whole picture. The Jedi are sw0rn to protect. And it means covert operations, [lying] rescue missions [killing], and duh!!!! The force is not a known thing like physics. Of course they have to argue how to use it. The main guidelines is to use it for knowledge and defense. Don't tell me you rather let someone shoot your mother than at least try to immobilize that guy first. The Jedi try to control not discard anger, fear and hatred. Because through those emotions, you can cross the line and do bad things with good intentions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Jedi look at things black and white, and they think the sith are evil, and they think themselves the opposites of the sith. Not hard to come to the conclusion that they consider themselves good guys, also the fact that they're elitist and look down upon a boy who is more powerful than them out of FEAR.

The Jedi are sworn to protect, really? Strange how such a group of so-called protectors do jack all to protect people.
crazy.gif
Such as the Naboo, they had the resources to stop it but did nothing but hide. Sending an old man and a kid to do their work.

The Jedi have the power NOT to kill, it's the WHOLE point of power, people learn martial arts for example so they do not have to fight.

Yes, they try to control anger, fear and hate, which is of course shown by the fact Yoda disregards Anakin because he has these emotions.
crazy.gif
He senses fear, so uses slippery slope logic to conclude Anakin is evil. He did not try to teach the boy to control his fear, the mere presence of fear offended Yoda. So no, I have to disagree.

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
The real Texas Rangers, actually. Jms researched them when briefly working on the "Noris one".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah thankyou for clarification, I knew JMS worked on the Noris texas ranger's and thought it came from there but I get it now.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back