• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

January 26, 1994 - And so it began...

Jan

Regular
I missed the pilot but I was there for the first airing of "Midnight on the Firing Line". So does that make me a Second One? Midnight.jpg

In the UK we saw season 1 on Channel 4 before the pilot (I think the pilot might have been available on VHS, though), so I'm not sure if that makes us First Ones, Second Ones, or maybe 1.5 Ones?! The UK airdate for Midnight on the Firing Line was 6pm on Monday 16th May 1994, and I remember watching it. I've still got a cutting from that week's Radio Times (UK equivalent of TV Guide) that previews the show.

20240126_162954.jpg

So I will celebrate a second 30th anniversary in May!

Last edited:
Okay people, here is a very little hastily prepared Happy Anniversary video I made in a very short amount of time. I only ask that if you need to judge harshly do it here and not on YouTube. On YouTube please give it as many views and thumbs up as possible. I need positive responses to convince my partner we need to do more Babylon 5 related content.

Babylon 5 Midnight on The Firing Line 30TH Anniversary

And sorry folks, if you watch any of our other videos you won't see my beautiful face. :cool:

Okay people, here is a very little hastily prepared Happy Anniversary video I made in a very short amount of time. I only ask that if you need to judge harshly do it here and not on YouTube. On YouTube please give it as many views and thumbs up as possible. I need positive responses to convince my partner we need to do more Babylon 5 related content.

Babylon 5 Midnight on The Firing Line 30TH Anniversary

And sorry folks, if you watch any of our other videos you won't see my beautiful face. :cool:

Cool video and a nice tribute! The screenshots of the episode look great. At the end what is that Collector's Edition video tape?

Cool video and a nice tribute! The screenshots of the episode look great. At the end what is that Collector's Edition video tape?
That is the from the first VHS release. They came out one tape out at a time with two episodes per tape. It was ridiculous. They were somewhere between twenty and thirty dollars per two episode tape.

They were released by Columbia House Distribution. If you are unfamiliar, Columbia House was most famous for their deal - you get a certain number of items (Compact Discs were the main thing) for an insanely low price, like, $0.01. By accepting the deal you were contractually obligated to then purchase X amount of items (Compact Discs) at their full price over a certain period, like one or two years. So let's say you get ten compact discs for $0.01 you are agreeing to buy six at the full price over a certain time period, which was usually ridiculous like $24.95 per disc. I believe there was also a catch where they automatically charged you and shipped a title to you every month unless you specifically requested they not send you that months title. It wasn't that crazy. I think it was more like get ten for $0.01 and agree to buy two at full price. I don't remember exactly. I joined once in the nineties, but immediately made my full price purchases to keep from dragging the obligation out.

Columbia House did not last, but interestingly enough the Disney Movie Club program actually adopted a similar membership model.

You can find these VHS tapes fairly cheap on eBay depending on whether or not they are new or used. I believe I actually had all of Season One at one point, but I sold them when the second VHS Set was released. BUT this VHS does have the original cut of THE GATHERING.

Come on people! Get me over 200 views already! ....... or a thousand. 🤪 I am trying to do some convincing to my partner. I don't want to make a new thread but maybe I should..... :unsure:, but I don't want to. Doesn't feel right.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back